Video: Fish: Grow up time for Kelvin Joseph

817Gill

Reaction score
From what I've been hearing, it seems like everyone is basing this " out of shape" off just whatever Broaddus is reporting per his own camp opinions.
I was not hearing anyone else differently until Broaddus started opening his yap. And many are just piggy back riding off that yap comment.

Also even if Joseph was supposedly "out of shape' how do we even know that it could have been related to his Covid 19 like symptoms ?
Respiratory issues that has anything to do with CoVid 19 related could definitely bend you out of shape.

And from all reports, you don't always just wake up fully healthy and can even have lasting effects even if you're diagnosed as negative.
And how many stories have we heard from those affected and in recovery, that the effect could even last for weeks and even months on ?

That's why I'm taking this Joseph out of shape concerns with a total grain of salt. .. now if i hear missed meetings, late for practices, sent home by the coaches, to matters like that, then
i would have much concerns. ..
Keep in mind Barry Church also said Micah Parsons showed up outta shape. Don’t see us bashing him. Also kinda crazy how him getting COVID is somehow being talked about as a mistake of his? We just want to hate our own guy for no reason lol.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Lawrence, a full time Gregory, Basham, and emerging possibilities coming from Parsons, Neal, Anae, Armstrong and Golston, we should be fine with our pass rush. Our defensive additions SHOULD make our rush defense better, and wasn’t that the goal?

Oh.

Nevermind.

T-RO

Reaction score
Curious as to what you said about Nahshon Wright on draft day and what are you shouting today about Wright.

Didn't like the Wright pick at all. I know zero reason to change my opinion, as OTA's don't provide any meaningful evaluation info.

A 6'4" corner succeeding is exceptionally unlikely. Hope the kid proves me wrong.

quickccc

Reaction score
Didn't like the Wright pick at all. I know zero reason to change my opinion, as OTA's don't provide any meaningful evaluation info.

A 6'4" corner succeeding is exceptionally unlikely. Hope the kid proves me wrong.

It's not an out of the question possibility;

- Brandon Browner was an undrafted 6'4 cornerback that eventually became a pro bowl CB, and a member of the Legion of Boom, opposite Sherman- before eventually joining the Pats .

- Wasn't Bobby Taylor that was a perennial pro bowler CB for the Philly Eagles like 6"3 ? ..and red flag knee at that.

:popcorn:

T-RO

Reaction score

- Brandon Browner was an undrafted 6'4 cornerback that eventually became a pro bowl CB, and a member of the Legion of Boom, opposite Sherman- before eventually joining the Pats .

- Wasn't Bobby Taylor that was a perennial pro bowler CB for the Philly Eagles like 6"3 ? ..and red flag knee at that.

There've been a handful of good ones at 6'4", but one of the biggest metrics for corner is 3-cone time, and guys that tall have a difficult challenge w/change of direction. The other reason I didn't like the pick is that we could have easily grabbed Wright later in the draft. He wasn't on anyone's radar.

If I'm an opposing coach and Wright is the left corner, guess what I'm going to do all day? Simple, send my Calvin Ridley, or Waddle, or Kadarius Toney and test out the tall kid's dance moves.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've already predicted his second contract won't be with the Cowboys.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
All humans are rebellious to some degree. If people kept calling me immature, I'd show my rebellious side by not wanting to be around them. You keep calling someone something for so long and they may end up acting like that, in which you've called them.

Not all people are mentally and emotionally as strong as others. And that's where addictions come into play. Negative talk leads to negative behavior in more cases than not. Just saying.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Exclusive. Exclusive.

Three points he makes.

1. Joseph showed up to OTAs out of shape.

2. He seems to question whether we should blame Joseph for getting Covid. Can't wrap my brain around that one but watch the video. He says it.

3. He wonders if the Cowboys simply ignored what they found when doing their background work on Joseph.

BTW, it will be $4.99 to watch the video. Paypal him.

Man we drafted Too Live Crew Michael Irvin. We signed Deion Sanders, the rapper, baseball player to the largest contract in Cowboy history at the time.

Give Bossman Fat a break. Rap careers and Football careers are about the same length of time. So good for him if he has both his 3 years of fame at one time. If he can play fine. If he can't, at least we are not waiting 2 years on another one legged linebacker as a 2nd round pick.

Verdict

Reaction score
Not defending the player, and not attacking Fisher, but the two most recent videos I have seen of Fisher don’t come across as well thought out. In the first one he seemed to be eating peanuts throughout it and in this one, his backdrop is odd, and he has a sun/shade line crossing his face repeatedly. Does he ever look at the finished videos before posting them.

That doesn’t mean Fisher doesn’t have valid points, but his lack of awareness in the two most recent videos is not a good look for him.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Man we drafted Too Live Crew Michael Irvin. We signed Deion Sanders, the rapper, baseball player to the largest contract in Cowboy history at the time.

Give Bossman Fat a break. Rap careers and Football careers are about the same length of time. So good for him if he has both his 3 years of fame at one time. If he can play fine. If he can't, at least we are not waiting 2 years on another one legged linebacker as a 2nd round pick.
If he can't - we just wasted yet ANOTHER 2nd round pick on a guy with red flags.

What was that definition of insanity?

plymkr

Reaction score

Awe dude don't even say Bobby Taylor. That guy tortured us for years. I pray Wright can come close to that. We'd be set!!!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
There've been a handful of good ones at 6'4", but one of the biggest metrics for corner is 3-cone time, and guys that tall have a difficult challenge w/change of direction. The other reason I didn't like the pick is that we could have easily grabbed Wright later in the draft. He wasn't on anyone's radar.

If I'm an opposing coach and Wright is the left corner, guess what I'm going to do all day? Simple, send my Calvin Ridley, or Waddle, or Kadarius Toney and test out the tall kid's dance moves.
On the fan they asked around and found out there were teams that also liked him and were told that he would have never made it to their 4th rnd pick.

T-RO

Reaction score
On the fan they asked around and found out there were teams that also liked him and were told that he would have never made it to their 4th rnd pick.

The Fan needs to protect its cozy relationship to Cowboys front office...vital for their ratings. I don't believe that at all.

quickccc

Reaction score
Awe dude don't even say Bobby Taylor. That guy tortured us for years. I pray Wright can come close to that. We'd be set!!!

Taylor evolved into quite a pro bowl CB, ..but however he's not mentioned in the likes of hall of famers such
as Darrell Green, Aneas Williams, and Rod Woodson - ironically all of whom were dominated by Irvin when we were
at our highest prime.

frankly i thought it was that helluva vaunted led front four DL of the Eagles (led by white, simmons,brown)
that were more our biggest down and doom .. until our own famed Great Wall of
Fame finally stepped up their game and neutralized them in the playoffs .. en route to a blow out win at that.

That further helped Taylor (and even Eric Allen) take on Michael Irvin, and helped Taylor
become one of Irvin's toughest coverage CB,..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Riiiiiight.

The old he was just about to be taken claim. Right on cue after the ginormous reach.

I buy it. Only because I know how easily radio stations can find out what teams would have done if they just ask around.

plymkr

Reaction score
Taylor evolved into quite a pro bowl CB, ..but however he's not mentioned in the likes of hall of famers such
as Darrell Green, Aneas Williams, and Rod Woodson - ironically all of whom were dominated by Irvin when we were
at our highest prime.

frankly i thought it was that helluva vaunted led front four DL of the Eagles (led by white, simmons,brown)
that were more our biggest down and doom .. until our own famed Great Wall of
Fame finally stepped up their game and neutralized them in the playoffs .. en route to a blow out win at that.

That further helped Taylor (and even Eric Allen) take on Michael Irvin, and helped Taylor
become one of Irvin's toughest coverage CB,..
Yeah I just have bad memories or PTSD of Taylor hurting us in 95-98. He was a good match up for Irvin. Big and physical just like #88. Irvin beat him when it mattered most, playoffs, but Taylor, tiki barber are 2 players from division rivals that haunted us in 95 and beyond. They seemed to be average against other teams but matched up well against us.

Man I really miss the days of good Cowboys football. When every loss hurt all week and every win was bragging rights for the whole week. Now if we win it's a pleasant surprise and losses are accepted as normalcy. I miss the matchups of the great 90's teams. Big E vs Reggie White. Irvin vs Williams, Green, Allen, Vincent, etc. Emmitt vs the whole league and Emmitt won, booommm!!!! Aikman performing surgery against defenses. Man, that was a fun time.

Now we have the likes of Jaylon Smith and fat Zeke running down the field like a moving lava lamp.