Fish: Hopkins definitely an option for Cowboys

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted Hopkins earlier in the process. I'm ok with Cooks at this point.

I think Dallas should keep their powder dry just in case Dalvin Cook gets cut. Then you use your resources to acquire a piece that will help complete the offense.
Well let's hope your player evaluations are better than your math.

75boyz

Reaction score
I know it doesn't make sense to pay Gallup that much to be a 4th WR. I'm not suggesting it as a template but this is the opportunity at hand. You add Hopkins and now you've put yourself in position to be one of the favorites to win a title.

That's how paying a 4th WR that kind of salary makes sense for this year. The Lombardi Trophy.

Are there enough balls to go around? No. This isn't about shifting the offensive philosophy away from the running game. Everyone would have to sacrifice personal stats for the overall good of the offense. This is about taxing playoff defenses with just too many weapons to account for on the field.

Tony Pollard can make a play to win a game. CeeDee Lamb can make a play to win a game. Brandin Cooks can make a play to win a game. DeAndre Hopkins can make a play to win a game. These guys not only can but they thrive on it. They're playmakers.

That's a lot for any playoff defense to handle. To the point of system failure I believe and we haven't even accounted for the new annoying gnat running around the field. You ever try to tackle a midget? They are amazingly elusive. Like Rocky and the chicken.

Upset the apple cart and go for it.
IF Jerry TRULY wanted to go for it, he would support your logic here and pull the trigger.
All the recent past decisions of not going all in would definitely shift the blame away from Jerry for at least one year.
Both he and the Cowboy fanbase could rest in the fact that their owner/GM did in fact do everything he could to help his HC and QB get over the hump.
For once, it wouldn't be Jerry's blame for not doing all he could if he made a move like this.

Just do it Jerry.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Well let's hope your player evaluations are better than your math.
I have read multiple times that Minnesota is considering this move. If that were to happen Dallas would have the cap space to land Cook because there will be a bidding war.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Like Von Miller? lol I’m not saying I wouldn’t like the move, but the Cowboys signing Hopkins would definitely be a shocker at this point.
Von MIller was given a LONG TERM deal for insane money at his advanced age... no way in hell I would have done that If I were dallas either.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I know it doesn't make sense to pay Gallup that much to be a 4th WR. I'm not suggesting it as a template but this is the opportunity at hand. You add Hopkins and now you've put yourself in position to be one of the favorites to win a title.

That's how paying a 4th WR that kind of salary makes sense for this year. The Lombardi Trophy.

Are there enough balls to go around? No. This isn't about shifting the offensive philosophy away from the running game. Everyone would have to sacrifice personal stats for the overall good of the offense. This is about taxing playoff defenses with just too many weapons to account for on the field.

Tony Pollard can make a play to win a game. CeeDee Lamb can make a play to win a game. Brandin Cooks can make a play to win a game. DeAndre Hopkins can make a play to win a game. These guys not only can but they thrive on it. They're playmakers.

That's a lot for any playoff defense to handle. To the point of system failure I believe and we haven't even accounted for the new annoying gnat running around the field. You ever try to tackle a midget? They are amazingly elusive. Like Rocky and the chicken.

Upset the apple cart and go for it.
yep.... we all know that adding a large salary doesnt make sense... but playing it salary cap safe hasnt made sense for a while now. Everyone gushing about the Rams and what they did... Gushing at Philly adding players (Brown).... jery is in his 80s and fact is, he only has so many seasons left. Playing it safe at his age???? I damn sure wouldnt be.

Big_D

Reaction score
Von MIller was given a LONG TERM deal for insane money at his advanced age... no way in hell I would have done that If I were dallas either.
So what do you think Hopkins will get? This won’t be a cheap venture by any stretch.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So what do you think Hopkins will get? This won’t be a cheap venture by any stretch.
I honestly have no clue. If you could get him for OBJ money.... 1 year deal for 15 million with incentives...I would do it in a heartbeat.
Due to my fantasy football addiction, I have 4 games going on at the same time on Sundays...... all day. I watched Hopkins dominate. Everyone wants to bring up injuries.. well, Gallup missed an entire season. Dak has missed a decent number of games the past few seasons, Schultz missed games... were those guys old? Injuries can just happen in the nfl and isnt simply because a guy hit age 30.

I just cant imagine how a defense is going to line up and cover Lamb, Cooks, and Hopkins. They would spread the defense and open things up for pollard and the young tight ends. Again... I dont care about the cap. AS Fisher has been saying for months now.. you worry about 2025 in 2025.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer:
We wanna play physical, fast and to make everyone cover the entire field… I want us to be able to play fast.
In regards of the three wide receiver set alone going into the season:
  • CeeDee Lamb
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Michael Gallup
As opposed to a what if three wide receiver set:
  • CeeDee Lamb
  • Brandin Cooks
  • DeAndre Hopkins
Which of the two sets is the more optimal version of meeting his expectation?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Zeke is done. His best years are well behind him. You can look at his stats, let alone his tape and see that he clearly doesn't have it anymore and hasn't for a while. I don't even want him on the team as he would just take away a roster spot from a better player.

Oh, we are talking about Hopkins? Well that's completely different . . . . :rolleyes:

Big_D

Reaction score
I honestly have no clue. If you could get him for OBJ money.... 1 year deal for 15 million with incentives...I would do it in a heartbeat.
Due to my fantasy football addiction, I have 4 games going on at the same time on Sundays...... all day. I watched Hopkins dominate. Everyone wants to bring up injuries.. well, Gallup missed an entire season. Dak has missed a decent number of games the past few seasons, Schultz missed games... were those guys old? Injuries can just happen in the nfl and isnt simply because a guy hit age 30.

I just cant imagine how a defense is going to line up and cover Lamb, Cooks, and Hopkins. They would spread the defense and open things up for pollard and the young tight ends. Again... I dont care about the cap. AS Fisher has been saying for months now.. you worry about 2025 in 2025.
Talent isn’t the issue. He’ll be looking for more years and someone out there is going to pay it. Maybe he will take that 1 year 15? I just don’t see it going in that direction.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer:

In regards of the three wide receiver set alone going into the season:
  • CeeDee Lamb
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Michael Gallup
As opposed to a what if three wide receiver set:
  • CeeDee Lamb
  • Brandin Cooks
  • DeAndre Hopkins
Which of the two sets is the more optimal version of meeting his expectation?
you werent, but anyone wanting to compare Gallup with Hopkins is out in left field. I liked Gallup a lot. I fully expected him to have a good year last year. He didnt. He was mostly non existent. Could it be from his injury the year before?? Maybe.... but Gallup is someone Im hoping can play large this year. Hopkins is someone there would be zero doubt about.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fish reports are 99% click bait.
BS..... Fish is great. S o many of you cant like anyone... you hate just to hate. I listen to fish daily, and he is spot on with darn near everything he reports on. He was reporting about whats his name... the lineman we cut that went to cincy... he was spot on.

He was reporting about Cooper weeks before anything happened and he was spot on.

This article is an opinion piece... how is that click bait?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Talent isn’t the issue. He’ll be looking for more years and someone out there is going to pay it. Maybe he will take that 1 year 15? I just don’t see it going in that direction.
OBJ wanted more years. Again, Ive no clue what it will take, but if Im dallas, I am damn sure going to find out.