Fish: Hopkins definitely an option for Cowboys

McMicah

Reaction score
If they did this, they bury Tolbert and will never see what he is. Unless you plan to package Gallup and a draft pick for Quenin Williams or something afterward, I don’t really get the move.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I maybe in the minority, but I don’t see where DHop would fit, with the additions of Cooks, and Gallop working back
from his ACL and of course CeeDee and a second round TE. I like Hop, just hard for me to see enough catches for everyone.
If Hopkins is so good, other than the why is he available questipn, who would you take targets away from? Maybe Gallup, but that still leaves Lamb and Cooks at receiver, and Ferguson & Hendershot at tight end, and Pollard at running back.

All of those should be part of the overall offensive scheme. He'd be nice as a backup/dime receiver, certainly, but he'll cost far more than you could pay for a part time/backup receiver.

Can't just have wide receivers on your offense, just not that many targets to go around...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yup...and with the defense where it is now if we add Hopkins I think this team rockets up to the same level of the 49ers and eagles
I don’t think a WR really changes much..

TBH, outside of QB, Derrick Henry is the only guy I could see significantly upgrading this team.

Maybe a Kelce/Andrews/Pitts too.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
For those who are hoping Hopkins ends up with the Cowboys at least Fish isn’t predicting he will, or it definitely wouldn’t happen. Fish is still licking his wounds after predicting Zeke wouldn’t be released. Lol

rambo2

Reaction score
For those who are hoping Hopkins ends up with the Cowboys at least Fish isn’t predicting he will, or it definitely wouldn’t happen. Fish is still licking his wounds after predicting Zeke wouldn’t be released. Lol
I don't remember him predicting Zeke wouldn't be released. Do you have a link to what he actually said?

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't remember him predicting Zeke wouldn't be released. Do you have a link to what he actually said?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In a training camp video that was posted on this board Fish refuted the claims that the 2022 season would be Zeke’s last season with the Cowboys. He continued to predict he wouldn’t be cut a couple of weeks before he was cut. I had saved the video link claiming Fish would be wrong because America’s Cowboy wanted to see who would end up right. After I was right, I sent him the link. Unfortunately I’ve since deleted the link but if you don’t believe me ask America’s Cowboy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

TheCritic

Reaction score
I have to admit that watching trollers work their "magic" can be entertaining, especially during the offseason. But, just like Dak trollers, people posting Fish garbage is trolling at its worst. It's no secret that Fish harasses Jerry Jones by pretending to be a prolific social media star with a huge Cowboys fan following. I consider it abuse of the elderly. Fish ought to be arrested and maybe even thrown out of the country.

And what can be said about posters who troll this website with Fish garbage? They are like drug pushers or pimps. They neither create or consume the goods, but they make sure the unsuspecting CZ member has access to this Fish garbage that rots the brain and destroys your soul.

I understand and respect the CZ policies that, by default, allow Fish pimps to post their filth. I can't imagine being a moderator in such an environment. So I don't blame them.

If anything, they probably share in my personal belief that Fish pimps ought to live in an environment where being forced to pick up a bar of soap is a daily routine.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don’t think a WR really changes much..

TBH, outside of QB, Derrick Henry is the only guy I could see significantly upgrading this team.

Maybe a Kelce/Andrews/Pitts too.
I think it’s the contested catch ability about Hopkins specifically that I would argue is a difference maker- I don’t think we really have a big bodied guy that can go up and get the contested catches anywhere near what he could…certainly would add another dimension to the offense, but as you mentioned so would Henry or a dynamic te.