Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

fivetwos

Reaction score
For those who say, “why pay Adams and not Jones?”, Byron is a good 8-10ish corner and Adams is a top 3 S entering his prime. Dude had 6.5 sacks last year as a freakin safety. He can wreck a game for an offense and is a great leader and presence.

The Cowboys had the money to give Jones top of the market money, they chose not to. Had Jones been the similar caliber as Adams, he would’ve probably been retained.

If you value S as a position that deserves to be paid, Adams is who you pay.
He is a very good blitzer.

Awesome in coverage, can lay a smack, and will not be afraid to step up and lead in Dallas from day one.

Exactly the kind of player they need.

I just dont think they are taking only 17.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Jets have no leverage. They will lose him for nothing except a comp pick after next year. The Cowboy’s only competition right now is the value of that comp pick. To offer a first round draft pick right now is stupid unless we get into a bidding war with other teams.
Not really. Theres a 5th year option plus two tag years.

I just think he will be much cheaper when he isnt showing up to camp.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The issue isnt Adams vs Byron. It's Adam's vs Byron plus Tyron plus Delpit plus a wide receiver in the third round. That is a horrible offer.
Delpit?

If that package means they dont draft Delpit in the first, then it is an absolute steal

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You want playmakers at all 3 levels of your D. D Law, LVE, and Adams is a very solid trio of players each capable of making game changing plays.

IMO— trading a 1st and 3rd is worth it since Adams has a good 4-5 years left (at least). He is a proven commodity, whereas players we would be taking at 17 are all gambles.

Losing the third rounder hurts, but the overall gain for the D is worth it. Quality over quantity would be a win for the whole unit in this particular case

Kwyn

Reaction score
Probably. But give up picks and the money? IDK about how smart that would be.
I guess it depends on how much you value having a young two time all-pro added to a defense that desperately needs a high quality player in the secondary

if you don’t think that sounds good, then we can draft a second tier CB or DL player instead.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Unfortunately Fisher gave him and Drummond jobs when he started his "premium" content. So now they think they are legitimate sports journalists.

He even gave Cami Griffin a job too. To do what, I dont know. Probably to post pictures of her toes in his for his subscribers

Dude, you’re on fire.

Drummond is a blowhard.