Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
For those who say, “why pay Adams and not Jones?”, Byron is a good 8-10ish corner and Adams is a top 3 S entering his prime. Dude had 6.5 sacks last year as a freakin safety. He can wreck a game for an offense and is a great leader and presence.

The Cowboys had the money to give Jones top of the market money, they chose not to. Had Jones been the similar caliber as Adams, he would’ve probably been retained.

If you value S as a position that deserves to be paid, Adams is who you pay.
Im all for it if the price is right, ie no first round pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For those who say, “why pay Adams and not Jones?”, Byron is a good 8-10ish corner and Adams is a top 3 S entering his prime. Dude had 6.5 sacks last year as a freakin safety. He can wreck a game for an offense and is a great leader and presence.

The Cowboys had the money to give Jones top of the market money, they chose not to. Had Jones been the similar caliber as Adams, he would’ve probably been retained.

If you value S as a position that deserves to be paid, Adams is who you pay.

yah, but he is probably going to want 18-20 million per year. We will be going through this EXACT same nonsense that we are going through with Zeke, Cooper, and Dak in another year.

Sorry, give me one of those 3 young defensive kids for 5 years cheap before I do that trade.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't require a 1st round pick... NO safety outside of a Ed Reed (whom I wanted to draft over Roy Williams) or Ronnie Lott is worth a 1st round pick IMO.

Proof

Reaction score
Ickes is a shill? That’s laughable. He’s constantly sh1tting on Dallas for the up against the cap narrative. Big fan.

bewp7

Reaction score
yeah great short sighted flash moves is a fantastic way to keep ip the status quo of mediocrity. no disrespect to jamal adams who is an elite player who probably still is not even in his prime but he is a safety...by far the least impactful position on defense and who will also be the highest paid safety in the game and recuire a lot of draft capital to acquire...just not good asset management.

Proof

Reaction score
yeah great short sighted flash moves is a fantastic way to keep ip the status quo of mediocrity. no disrespect to jamal adams who is an elite player who probably still is not even in his prime but he is a safety...by far the least impactful position on defense and who will also be the highest paid safety in the game and recuire a lot of draft capital to acquire...just not good asset management.

he’s a pretty transcendent player imo. The position can be least impactful on the whole, and he specifically can (and is) impactful. Dude does it all. He’s better than minkah who really helped turnaround that Steelers D.

OldCoach

Reaction score
There’s about 4-6 guys that could be available on rookie contracts that will be as impactful as Adams on a big contract. Cowboys just have to scout em right and make that choice on draft day. Would be foolish to pull the trigger before they’re on the clock

texbumthelife

Reaction score
There’s about 4-6 guys that could be available on rookie contracts that will be as impactful as Adams on a big contract. Cowboys just have to scout em right and make that choice on draft day. Would be foolish to pull the trigger before they’re on the clock

There is no one remotely in Dallas' draft range that would be as impactful day one as Adams. Not even close. He can cover. He can tackle. He can play high. He can play in the box. He can man the TE or zone the flats. You can blitz him. The only player in the draft with the potential impact of Adams is Simmons. It's gonna cost you a whole lot more to go up and get Simmons.

Everyone on this board pisses and moans about playmaker in the secondary, but is unwilling (not that it matters) to go get them. These guys don't grow on trees.

cern

Reaction score
Takes two to tango, two to trade. The move makes sense but at what cost.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I would give:

2020 - 2nd, 4th and 5th and Xavier Woods
2021 - 2nd, 4th and 5th

We get:

Jamal Adams

2020 Draft: 1st rd - Chaisson and 3rd round WR or o-line.
2021 Draft: 1st rd - Stud LB to replace Lee

FA: we pick up DT's if need be with hopes we can get something out of Trysten Hill. 2022 we draft DT's

fivetwos

Reaction score
There is no one remotely in Dallas' draft range that would be as impactful day one as Adams. Not even close. He can cover. He can tackle. He can play high. He can play in the box. He can man the TE or zone the flats. You can blitz him. The only player in the draft with the potential impact of Adams is Simmons. It's gonna cost you a whole lot more to go up and get Simmons.

Everyone on this board pisses and moans about playmaker in the secondary, but is unwilling (not that it matters) to go get them. These guys don't grow on trees.
Yeah you know....good point.

Isnt it nuts how much more it would cost to trade up in the draft and get a maybe than to deal for Adams.

Again though, I dont see them settling for only 17.

I think theres a chance he could go for a 2021 1st when he is missing camp and says he isnt reporting any time soon and they believe him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I so agree with you.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I said this before, team cannot continue to hand out top five contracts. They need to draft quality players that will allow them to control them at a low rate. I have seen almost every game here in NY, good player who not enough of a game changer to give serious draft capital and a record setting contract to. The only reason he wants out is cause he wants to set the market for the safety position.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I said this before, team cannot continue to hand out top five contracts. They need to draft quality players that will allow them to control them at a low rate. I have seen almost every game here in NY, good player who not enough of a game changer to give serious draft capital and a record setting contract to. The only reason he wants out is cause he wants to set the market for the safety position.

Why I would make it Zeke and a 1st for Adams and Bell.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ickes is a shill? That’s laughable. He’s constantly sh1tting on Dallas for the up against the cap narrative. Big fan.
Lol its obvious you are Ickes

This is the second time ive seen you defend dude when others called out his bs.

You told me hes “brilliant” :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: