Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't doubt that the Cowboys interest is genuine, but the price just isn't right for Adams. Gase's request to trade a 1 + 2 + 2 was insane. Trading Zack Martin for Adams is insane. Trading a 1st + signing Adams to a mega deal, when we didn't even want to pay Byron Jones, is insane. The Jets will have to meet us on our terms if they want to get this done, we've seen their offers and they all suck.

reddyuta

Reaction score
we are dumb if we trade more than a 1st rd pick for adams,maybe a future comp pick but thats it.

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s from Fish, so take it for what it’s worth:

Emphasis on the “Dallas WANTS to try to do this.”

Fish is probably as close to the Jones family as any media member. he and Jerry are very good friends. that's been corroborated by Jerry himself.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Those of you that understand the impact Adams could make, and also that we would need to give something to get something, and that NY isnt fire saleing the guy...let's assume 17 only will not get it done...what can be offered?

51 and Laell Collins?

2021 1st, Connor Williams, pick 82?

17 and a 2021 3rd?

Some combo thereof??

I still dont see a deal being reached because they want too much, but I personally understand what he would bring to this defense, and it intrigues me.

Proof

Reaction score
Lol its obvious you are Ickes

This is the second time ive seen you defend dude when others called out his bs.

You told me hes “brilliant” :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

it’s obvious I’m consistent, I’m a fan.
I absolutely never called him brilliant tho, I’m not a Stan. F o h

and the last time I “defended” him I cited something he wrote to support an argument and then explained why I trusted his research.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Those of you that understand the impact Adams could make, and also that we would need to give something to get something, and that NY isnt fire saleing the guy...let's assume 17 only will not get it done...what can be offered?

51 and Laell Collins?

17 and a 2021 3rd?

Some combo thereof??

I still dont see a deal being reached because they want too much, but I personally understand what he would bring to this defense, and it intrigues me.

It's too bad we didn't keep Heath. They'd probably make that swap straight up.

Proof

Reaction score
Yes you did :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think once in my life I may have called Neil Degrasse Tyson brilliant. I’d never call a sports writer brilliant ever. You’re barking up the wrong tree. But feel free to show me

reddyuta

Reaction score

51 and Laell Collins?

17 and a 2021 3rd?

Some combo thereof??

it all depends on whether they want to sign him long term,right now it doesnt seem like they do.

cern

Reaction score
Trades are typically done out of desperation than value. Crisis management is not the way to do things.

fivetwos

Reaction score
it all depends on whether they want to sign him long term,right now it doesnt seem like they do.
If I'm the Jets I'm sitting pretty.

I got this year, a 5th year option, and they can tag him twice if they choose to.

The new CBA also makes it tougher on holdouts, so I dont see why the Jets ought to give him away, other than to remove a disgruntled player from the locker room.

He isnt the final piece in NY, but he may be close in Dallas. If Dallas can deal for him after the draft, using 2021 picks, it would make a lot of sense.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This guy isn't a non impact player. He is about as good, worst case slightly worse, than Earl Thomas was at his peak.

Both are headed to Canton.

How you dont trade a mid round one for that guy is mind blowing.

That's why I keep saying they want more. When he is holding out, the price comes down, and we are already past where we added a nice player at 17.

This is a two year plan. The Elliott and Cooper contracts have basically the next two seasons on them. Go for it already.

Can you imagine two years from now, Prescott is entering his 8th year, and they still havent sniffed a SB?

JBS

Reaction score
Ickes is garbage. Im glad everybody agrees on that

reddyuta

Reaction score
If I'm the Jets I'm sitting pretty.

I got this year, a 5th year option, and they can tag him twice if they choose to.

The new CBA also makes it tougher on holdouts, so I dont see why the Jets ought to give him away, other than to remove a disgruntled player from the locker room.

He isnt the final piece in NY, but he may be close in Dallas. If Dallas can deal for him after the draft, using 2021 picks, it would make a lot of sense.

agree.maybe one of the top 4 OTs is still there at 17 and the Jets might relent at that point.