Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

conner01

Reaction score
The point I think you missed is that the Cowboys do have a hell of a lot of talent, more than enough to win.. Most would argue that we were indeed good coaching away last year from doing major damage.
I’m not sure we are as talented as last year but we shall see
My point was adding a high dollar safety and trading a premium pick is not the way to build a team
Only so many guys can be paid elite money
If we need a safety I have a plan we should try
Draft a safety

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
yah, but he is probably going to want 18-20 million per year. We will be going through this EXACT same nonsense that we are going through with Zeke, Cooper, and Dak in another year.

Sorry, give me one of those 3 young defensive kids for 5 years cheap before I do that trade.
This. Can we just go one offseason without the threaten of a looming 20 million dollar contract holdout hanging over our heads. It really just takes the fun out of the offseason. This would be 3 years in a row

johneric8

Reaction score
I’m not sure we are as talented as last year but we shall see
My point was adding a high dollar safety and trading a premium pick is not the way to build a team
Only so many guys can be paid elite money
If we need a safety I have a plan we should try
Draft a safety

I agree with your points in regards to Adams, but this team has got a ton of talent, everyone knows this.. It's coaching bro, you know that, I know you do.. Garrett was horrible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Adams would be a great addition but we may have to give up our top pick and maybe and would have to pay him a huge contract. He’s currently holding out with the Jets looking to be the highest paid safety in the league. We’re going have to break the bank to re-sign Dak and Adams is looking for at least $15M per. As good as Adams is I don’t think it would be a wise move to make this trade. We may not be able to hang onto him with the kind of money he’s looking for and he’s not a ball hawker. He only has two career INTs. Dak may end up the highest paid QB in the league and to have to turn around and make Adams the highest paid safety in the league would be a daunting task.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
I would not even consider that
This team isn’t a safety from being good
It’s several players from being good
You trade premier picks and pay huge money
That’s just not how you manage the cap
You can’t give guys second contracts and continue to trade picks for more guys you have to them pay huge money
You. An idea they are first team all-pro where your best player is in the last year of his deal and is, himself, average at best but more like mediocre.

All-Pros dont come free often. When they do, you take a look.

So, you think a late first grade CB is a better option at 17 than a 2 time all-pro Safety?

Even more to the point, if you think the specific pick at 17 that the Cowboys would pick is better, I would really have to disagree. You can’t take the entire field of the rest in the draft in this gamvle. You have to pick one guy that is better than a two time all pro

There here are no sure things at #17

Now, if by some miracle Isaiah Simmons slides all the way to us then I am going out back and shooting guns into the air and screaming like it’s the Fourth of July

Beaker42

Reaction score
Dez to Chiefs? OK.

Dallas wants to try to do this trade with Jets? OK.

I hope we don't trade for Adams and I hope Dez doesn't go to KC.
Good God man, what is your rationale for not being behind getting Adams??
He’s the best Safety in the League.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Good God man, what is your rationale for not being behind getting Adams??
He’s the best Safety in the League.
He more than likely won't be with us long. We could trade all of that draft capital and lose him in two years. And if he holds out like Zeke did after his first year here, what kind of returns will we get for him if we have to trade him? To me it's too risky.

ksg811

Reaction score
He more than likely won't be with us long. We could trade all of that draft capital and lose him in two years. And if he holds out like Zeke did after his first year here, what kind of returns will we get for him if we have to trade him? To me it's too risky.

What makes you think he wouldn't be here long? If they trade him, it's in their benefit to sign him long term ASAP. They've already learned the consequences of not doing so with Cooper.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What makes you think he wouldn't be here long? If they trade him, it's in their benefit to sign him long term ASAP. They've already learned the consequences of not doing so with Cooper.
I just think he'll chase the money. It's just a gut feeling, but I don't trust him to stay.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
One day we are really going to have to stop trading away picks to obtain players that we also give top dollar free agent contracts. It truly is an insane way to do business.

conner01

Reaction score
You. An idea they are first team all-pro where your best player is in the last year of his deal and is, himself, average at best but more like mediocre.

All-Pros dont come free often. When they do, you take a look.

So, you think a late first grade CB is a better option at 17 than a 2 time all-pro Safety?

Even more to the point, if you think the specific pick at 17 that the Cowboys would pick is better, I would really have to disagree. You can’t take the entire field of the rest in the draft in this gamvle. You have to pick one guy that is better than a two time all pro

There here are no sure things at #17

Now, if by some miracle Isaiah Simmons slides all the way to us then I am going out back and shooting guns into the air and screaming like it’s the Fourth of July
There are no sure things anywhere
But how many max contract players do you think we can afford
There is no way to build your roster with all expensive players
He will get over 14 million in a new contract
How many of those contracts can you have on one roster

GMO415

Reaction score
Tell Fish to go take a Xanax and go sit down somewhere

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My interest is piqued re: Adams for a number of reasons.

This team hasn’t had a lead dog in the secondary since I can remember.

Byron Jones is the guy you want your daughter to marry. I want the guy in the secondary that has my wife and I up at night.
Same here. Woodson was the last guy who was a consistent badass.

JBS

Reaction score
No denying that. But maybe with actual NFL quality coaching, you don;t need to have 1st round picks at every position any longer?

Don't even joke. Our defense is trash. We have like 40m in cap space invested in the defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't even joke. Our defense is trash. We have like 40m in cap space invested in the defense.

Which tells us that we need to use considerable resources on that side of the ball multiple draft picks and considerable cap resources - at multiple positions, not just one.

Reactions: JBS

JBS

Reaction score
Which tells us that we need to use considerable resources on that side of the ball multiple draft picks and considerable cap resources - at multiple positions, not just one.

No argument here. Trading away 17 and cap space for adams doesn't stop me from using more resources on the defense. What it does do, is locks in a great player at a position of need, w available funds that can be used