Twitter: Fish is adamant Dallas wants to trade for Jamal Adams

JBS

Reaction score
That doesn't let them - or more importantly you - off the hook. Everybody's salaries are going up. Cooper's cost nearly doubles. More facts that you want to try to ignore in your 'Madden football' pursuit of a name. So yeah, it is a lie. Untrue. False.

It also prevents them from keeping anyone that might be due for free agency. Like maybe the entire rest of the secondary. But hey, maybe Adams can play all four positions himself?

But keep lying to yourself.

Is this a joke? Hahahaha

Your understanding of the salary cap and the players that are in line for free agency are non existent. Omg, we can't sign 3 absolute bums bc we have an all pro safety. Is this a joke or what? These guys in the secondary are worthless to start and they won't be commanding high dollar figure anywhere. The only thing you know is, OK JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL. Frederick alone is clearing up 11-12m in cap space once he's off the books. So let me guess, if Frederick was still on this team, the Cowboys would never be able to sign another player again? That's how ridiculous your points are and your understanding of the salary cap is close to zero. That's why you refrain from using any real numbers in any of your posts..

Oh yeah

JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL!!! WEEEE

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this a joke? Hahahaha

Your reckless and cavalier approach to draft picks and the cap sure is. Go back to playing Madden.

Your understanding of the salary cap and the players that are in line for free agency are non existent. Omg, we can't sign 3 absolute bums bc we have an all pro safety. Is this a joke or what? These guys in the secondary are worthless to start and they won't be commanding high dollar figure anywhere. The only thing you know is, OK JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL. Frederick alone is clearing up 11-12m in cap space once he's off the books. So let me guess, if Frederick was still on this team, the Cowboys would never be able to sign another player again? That's how ridiculous your points are and your understanding of the salary cap is close to zero. That's why you refrain from using any real numbers in any of your posts..

Oh yeah

JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL!!! WEEEE

When the shoe fits, the kid should wear it.

You have zero concept of neither the value of draft picks nor the salary cap. Stick to your video games.

JBS

Reaction score
Your reckless and cavalier approach to draft picks and the cap sure is. Go back to playing Madden.

You have zero concept of neither the value of draft picks nor the salary cap. Stick to your video games.

As I previously mentioned, you have nothing of any value to add to the conversation. I have no understanding of anything, yet, the people who are actually in charge of these decisions have already attempted to make this trade in the past. And they probably will attempt to do it again here shortly..you were already shut up and put to rest on this argument once

Looks like the front office is playing video games too!!! Either that or you are the one who no understanding of anything...

It's clear what the real answer here is...JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL WEEEEEEE!!!!

visionary

Reaction score
My interest is piqued re: Adams for a number of reasons.

This team hasn’t had a lead dog in the secondary since I can remember.

Byron Jones is the guy you want your daughter to marry. I want the guy in the secondary that has my wife and I up at night.

cannot pay market setting deals to average QB, RB, SS, and LB and expect to compete for a SB

I’m not in favor of it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I previously mentioned, you have nothing of any value to add to the conversation. I have no understanding of anything, yet, the people who are actually in charge of these decisions have already attempted to make this trade in the past.

And most of "those people" are now gone.

And they probably will attempt to do it again here shortly..

Why? Because of your whinin' and a'hopin'? Not hardly. In fact, the only reports coming out from Cowboysland say the exact opposite. Or is that something else you didn't know? There's a clear pattern.

you were already shut up and put to rest on this argument once

When did that happen? More of the fantasy football that goes on in your head?

Looks like the front office is playing video games too!!! Either that or you are the one who no understanding of anything...

Or maybe I know more about it than you do? Clearly when despite what's actually being reported, you think "they probably will attempt to do it again here shortly". :lmao:

It's clear what the real answer here is...JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL WEEEEEEE!!!!

That's clearly how the child mind operates. "I want that good player! Waah! Just get him!"

giphy.gif

ksg811

Reaction score
Where did you get this phoney number from?

Is Jones here? And show us where he got paid $20 million a year. More phoney numbers.

Why is Jones being mentioned? There's no do-over on that, they made their decision.

It's not a phony number. He would come over with 2 years and $13.45m (3.59 this year and a $9.86m 5th year option) left on his rookie deal. A record setting 4/$60 million extension at $15m AAV added to the remainder of his rookie deal nets a 6/$73.45 million deal at $12.2m AAV. It's not phony, just how the cap works.

Jones got $16.5m AAV. The rookie deal for #17 would come around $3.5m annually. 16.5 + 3.5 = 20. If you had read my full statement, I clearly stated Jones and a lottery tick, meaning #17. And no Jones isn't here, but many of the people clamoring that we can't afford Adams were complaining we didn't sign Byron. I was just pointing out how wrong that claim is.

ksg811

Reaction score
But even if they get reinstated, they haven't played in this league for a long time. To make matters worse, the off-season program is now pretty much non existent as far as practices and team workouts go. I don't think u can count on either one of those guys as your early season starter, if at all this season

That's where a veteran free agent would come in. I specifically mentioned Hunter because he's the best available. He would come in and immediately stabilize the RE spot while still having room for the upside of Gregory and Smith, who even if they prove to not have it anymore, can be cut for an immaterial loss.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a phony number. He would come over with 2 years and $13.45m (3.59 this year and a $9.86m 5th year option) left on his rookie deal. A record setting 4/$60 million extension at $15m AAV added to the remainder of his rookie deal nets a 6/$73.45 million deal at $12.2m AAV. It's not phony, just how the cap works.

Jones got $16.5m AAV. The rookie deal for #17 would come around $3.5m annually. 16.5 + 3.5 = 20. If you had read my full statement, I clearly stated Jones and a lottery tick, meaning #17. And no Jones isn't here, but many of the people clamoring that we can't afford Adams were complaining we didn't sign Byron. I was just pointing out how wrong that claim is.

You're already $3 million off of his 5th year option number.

Don't talk about "how the cap works" when you can't even get the initial math right.
:facepalm:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

To be fair, the value of picks VS cap consideration of established talent has been changing the last few years. The cap isnt the contraint it was and first round picks arent bullion of gold they were before

ksg811

Reaction score
You're already $3 million off of his 5th year option number.

Don't talk about "how the cap works" when you can't even get the initial math right.
:facepalm:

Nope, I'm right. As a top 10 pick, the value of his 5th year option is equal to the transition tag tender in his 4th year, meaning this year. This year's transition tag for safeties is $9,860,000.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, the value of picks VS cap consideration of established talent has been changing the last few years. The cap isnt the contraint it was and first round picks arent bullion of gold they were before

How so?

You mean changing for the worse and teams doing dumb things in terms of reckless trades and having to set the market afterwards? Then yes, I totally agree.

JBS

Reaction score

Don't waste your time. You are levels above his heads

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, I'm right. As a top 10 pick, the value of his 5th year option is equal to the transition tag tender in his 4th year, meaning this year. This year's transition tag for safeties is $9,860,000.

No, you're wrong.

The safety tag for 2021 is $12.7 million.

Quit while you're behind.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How so?

You mean changing for the worse and teams doing dumb things in terms of reckless trades and having to set the market afterwards? Then yes, I totally agree.
Wheather or not you agree with the trades is irrelevant. The fact that the amount of first round picks being traded for established talent the past two years is not

JBS

Reaction score

The guy legitimately said Dallas wouldn't be able to pay the 3-4 scrubs in the secondary if they acquired adams..lolol..that's an embarrassing statement to make

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wheather or not you agree with the trades is irrelevant. The fact that the amount of first round picks being traded for established talent the past two years is not

The fact that they're terrible deals that will get GM's fired is entirely relevant. You just don't like the fact that it shows that moves like this are a terrible idea.

Let me know when you want to start going through the list of these moves?

ksg811

Reaction score
No, you're wrong.

The safety tag for 2021 is $12.7 million.

Quit while you're behind.

Where are you're getting your numbers? Firstly, the safety franchise tag is $11.441 million. And secondly, the change in 5th year terms under the new CBA begins with the draft class of 2018. Adams was drafted in 2017, meaning he's still under old CBA terms putting him at the transition tender of $9.86 million as a top 10 pick. If you're going to fact check, at least be right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy legitimately said Dallas wouldn't be able to pay the 3-4 scrubs in the secondary if they acquired adams..lolol..that's an embarrassing statement to make

Please.

Keep avoiding the actual math because it's an inconvenient truth that shoots your ridiculous plan all to hell. That's why you avoid the actual numbers like they're hot.

JBS

Reaction score
Please.

Keep avoiding the actual math because it's an inconvenient truth that shoots your ridiculous plan all to hell. That's why you avoid the actual numbers like they're hot.

Hahahahahahaha funny man. I'm the only one of the two of us that has used any numbers at all...

Whooops