Fish is on Lance's bandwagon, at least for one OTS

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m interested to see how he’s progressed, but I do have to question if this is also about Dak’s contract. There seems to be a big Lance push heading into TC, and I have questions as to why. Is it legit excitement or contract negotiation driven. Time will tell.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I’m interested to see how he’s progressed, but I do have to question if this is also about Dak’s contract. There seems to be a big Lance push heading into TC, and I have questions as to why. Is it legit excitement or contract negotiation driven. Time will tell.
You are on to something. How much is hype? How much of it is contract? How much of this is Jerald, at last, putting the heat on Dakota Chokota , our albatross.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could be a lot of things:
  • It could be building Lance up to develop trade suitors.
  • It could be just the usual hype from the Jones machine
  • It could be that Lance is actually showing some real improvement.
  • It could be all of the above.
I’m always skeptical of any kind of hype this time of year when players are in shorts and no pads. It’s not that hard to throw passes well when you aren’t running for your life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Seems sometimes as if the Braintrust at The Star is intent to push Lance down our throats.
Now Fish too?

Me chaps, as Marvin Gaye would ask, "What's going on"?

Dude, it’s Fisher. Trash media. Don’t get sucked.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
After watching sports media for the last few days I have noticed that they're starting to really get scared of Trey Lance. You can hear it in their voices. They really really need him to fail.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can see why. Lance has way way natural better mechanics than Dak. He throws the ball with velocity and his motion looks effortless. Pretty sure Lances problems reside between the ears. We will see as time goes on.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The best possible news for this franchise would be that Lance is a legit NFL QB.

There is no doubt the hype train will be in full glory for Trey as the offseason rolls on.

That said— only an injury to Dak would allow for Trey to get meaningful snaps in the regular season, which would be the only way to truly see where he is at in terms of development.

But hey, Dak Wally Pipped Romo, so anything can happen

CWR

Reaction score
The OTA/TC hype is often meaningless. What we need to look for is CONSISTENT hype. If he continues to look strong it may actually mean something.

My nightmare is he proves himself all off season and our FO still pays Dak. I can totally see it going down that way. Lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can see why. Lance has way way natural better mechanics than Dak. He throws the ball with velocity and his motion looks effortless. Pretty sure Lances problems reside between the ears. We will see as time goes on.
Between the ears problems routinely occur with inexperienced QBs that haven't had the backing to find success. Let's see if those things change. In TC, Lance will be given generous amounts of time to prove or disprove his capabilities. Many on this website will be intrigued witnesses. The training camp soon scheduled to get underway will offer more excitement than TC has generated in years. I can hardly wait to see that.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
After watching sports media for the last few days I have noticed that they're starting to really get scared of Trey Lance. You can hear it in their voices. They really really need him to fail.
it’s nice knowing we have our next QB1.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Between the ears problems routinely occur with inexperienced QBs that haven't had the backing to find success. Let's see if those things change. In TC, Lance will be given generous amounts of time to prove or disprove his capabilities. Many on this website will be intrigued witnesses. The training camp soon scheduled to get underway will offer more excitement than TC has generated in years. I can hardly wait to see that.
Yup.

Also, he’s had several training camps already.

With that genius HC in SF.

Lance isn’t a rookie.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The OTA/TC hype is often meaningless. What we need to look for is CONSISTENT hype. If he continues to look strong it may actually mean something.

My nightmare is he proves himself all off season and our FO still pays Dak. I can totally see it going down that way. Lol
They will never pay Dak more mega million$.

There is still the $40 million dead cap in 2025 and the $12 mill in 2026.

Why add anymore cap to that mess?

Dak had his chances.

Making the boss man cry in front of millions….bad idea Dak.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
it’s nice knowing we have our next QB1.
But they don't really know that yet. He didn't take a single snap last season, and prior to that only played in 8 games in the 2 years he was in San Fran.

I all for giving Dak some competition, But no one knows if Lance is going to be the one to do it.