Twitter: Fish: Jones coaching search will feature a wide cabinet and large net

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt it.

I heard that it was going to be an exhaustive search after Parcells decided he had enough and it boiled down to Phillips and Norv Turner.

His deeper history is not good either. He had a short list of Seifert, Terry Donahue and Sherm Lewis before he picked Gailey.

Exhaustive? Not really.
This^^^^
Surely by now we all know Jerry picks his head coach based on his “comfort” as opposed to who gives us the best chance to win. An “exhaustive search” means Jerry will search e Exhaustively for a head coach that he will not be threatened by. It will require a coach who will allow Jerry to do whatever he wants. That’s what the search will center on.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Garrett isn't perfect, but im standing by the coach. He has tried hard, but his players just act like celebrities. I think us fans should support Garrett. Our next coach "likely" wont even win a playoff game. Hell, Garrett MAKING the tournament with this roster would be impressive.

Either Hostile or Idgit created a new account. Trying hard is now a quality that defines HC material.

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett homers are impressive.. for years he’s been implementing his process to change the culture and turn the roster around and he finally had his RKGs. Now suddenly he can’t win with the one it roster they claimed he built and was so successful at beating bums..

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It just seems odd to me. I can’t recall a similar circumstance—a team first in its division and controlling its own destiny. Yet, here the media is, talking about replacement coaches as if the team has been eliminated.

We might as well get eliminated. We aren't going to last long in the playoffs. I don't see us beating anyone. Heck, we lost to the Jets - thats kinda embarrassing.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Honestly, Garrett has faults. Sometimes I wish he would be harder on his players. However, he isnt at blame here. Its the gutless players who roll over and ask for Buffalo jerseys.

Garrett is going to get hired by another team and embarrass us.

LOL you can't be serious? How can it be NOT Garrett's fault? He is the head coach.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It just seems odd to me. I can’t recall a similar circumstance—a team first in its division and controlling its own destiny. Yet, here the media is, talking about replacement coaches as if the team has been eliminated.
lol they were controlling their destiny in NE, and at home with buffalo ! So that means nothing when they lose.
All that means is they have a "chance" to control their outcome, but it is likely they wont be able to do it.
32 teams each year start out controlling their own destiny too, and you know how that works out.

The sooner JG is gone, the sooner you will see a change in the team, and it gives them more of a chance to make playoffs,
and maybe win more than 1 game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hard to believe not everybody blames the coach, huh?

Problem is Idgit that the head coach is ultimately responsible for the performance of the team. That is the way pro sports works in every league.

No, Jason Garrett may not be the problem as you say but he is not the solution either. He either cant or maybe even doesn't know what to fix and therefore the problems keep persisting.

You cant lose to every single team over .500 that you play and say the head coach is blameless, that is not how pro sports works. Unless this fantasy playoff run happens that people will be talking about for 30 years as Jerry says, barring that happening, Garrett will, in all likelihood, be terminated as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys when this season ends.

You and I both know he will not be the head coach next season, probably Urban Meyer will if I was betting money on it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jason Garrett has won more games coaching compared to his losses. Guy is trying. Hes a good coach stuck with gutless players!!

He has been here a dam decade, all these gutless players are HIS GUYS...……………...this isn't a roster he inherited.

Garrett is done, there will be no miracle playoff run people talk about for 30 years and the Cowboys will have a new head coach in 2020.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Jason Garrett has won more games coaching compared to his losses. Guy is trying. Hes a good coach stuck with gutless players!!

The guy is not trying. He is stubborn and hasn't changed his ways. Same offense, same defense, same philosophy each and every year. That is his downfall. His inability to change and stick with the status quo is what has hurt this team for about a decade. Jerry wanted him to success, and he just can't. Which is the reason why he is going to get canned.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I still don't think he gets let go. Remember he's the next Landry. :lmao:

Things are different now, literally 99% of the fan base along with the media is demanding his head on a platter. No way Jerry can call a presser and announce a new contract extension for Garrett and he knows it.

I honestly think that is why he was crying yesterday, not because we lost, but because he realizes he cant resign Garrett now with this dumpster fire of a team.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
He has been here a dam decade, all these gutless players are HIS GUYS...……………...this isn't a roster he inherited.

Garrett is done, there will be no miracle playoff run people talk about for 30 years and the Cowboys will have a new head coach in 2020.
Sadly I agree Garrett will be fired. I understand why some people don't like him however I feel like he's taking everyones wrath over players not doing their jobs. My son loves Garrett, too bad.

Im hoping for a miracle SB run but its doubtful. I think Garrett can do it but its like 1% with this roster.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Things are different now, literally 99% of the fan base along with the media is demanding his head on a platter. No way Jerry can call a presser and announce a new contract extension for Garrett and he knows it.

I honestly think that is why he was crying yesterday, not because we lost, but because he realizes he cant resign Garrett now with this dumpster fire of a team.
I see the ST coach getting fire, TE or some other nothing coach and maybe Rod. Then Jason gets some more lame coaches like him.

oh yeah, and a five-year extension.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
The guy is not trying. He is stubborn and hasn't changed his ways. Same offense, same defense, same philosophy each and every year. That is his downfall. His inability to change and stick with the status quo is what has hurt this team for about a decade. Jerry wanted him to success, and he just can't. Which is the reason why he is going to get canned.
Who would you sign as coach?

GMO415

Reaction score
This isn't shocking news. Knowing Jerry he will disappoint us and promote from within

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who would you sign as coach?

I like Urban Meyer myself...……...Riley would be my first choice but I dont think he is going to leave Oklahoma.

Meyer has always produced results wherever he has been, he has won Championships, and he demands excellence from his players. He believes strongly in attention to detail and preparation. Under Meyer, his players dont go half the dam game before realizing that maybe they should be wearing gloves. He also believes in fundamentally sound football that is based on a strong running game, not some aerial mad scientist crap you see in the college game today.

He also holds players accountable. You dont know the plays, you sit. You keep messing up your assignments, you sit. You miss every FG you attempt, you sit. You get stupid penalties and hand the other team 15 free yards because you cant control your temper, you sit. Players are not treated as royalty under Meyer and you earn your spot on team and you earn your playing time.

He would do wonders for this Cowboy's team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All this hyperbole over fake news. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Garrett is getting a contract extension as soon as this season is concluded.