Video: Fish on Tyron’s Future

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
NOTHING wrong in trading him. WHY then hold onto a guy 2 years too long and get zilch? It makes no sense. Fisher is trying to hard on this vid clip. He is spewing , spinning it. Its lyin season I guess..draft time and free agency time...so the teams send their team writers out their to publish fake claims to take us off the scent.

Exactly, and I suspect teams would be willing to give up quite a bit for a LT like him. I think we can get at least a 2nd round pick for him. Maybe a 1 depending on how desperate a team is.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
if Pitts is there at 10, and there board says hes rated there, they have to either find a trade partner or they gotta draft him. The kid is just too dynamic.
Yeah he is just too good. I would trade Gallup the next day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah he is just too good. I would trade Gallup the next day.
YEP. I think at that point you must start calling teams and getting compensation for Gallup either several picks this year or future picks. I think the Chargers would be a great team to call. They could use an upgrade at WR. Gallup would compete for that WR1 spot there. They would be very dynamic.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
A lot of y’all don’t like him (seems especially personal too I don’t know what he did to some of y’all lol), but he’s been on the right track on stuff as well.
Personally, I think we should keep an eye on the future of the position (3rd/4th round pick) but unless he reinjures himself between now and camp he’s the starting LT next season.

P.S. He confirmed the team and La’el Collins expect him to start at RT as well.

Tyron Smith can't stay healthy, this team can no longer depend on Tyron Smith playing a full season, if healthy he's one of thee best left tackles in the NFL , that's a big "IF" though now in his career, and you're not finding some elite left tackle in the later rounds....Tyron had surgery on his neck, the big other problem is his back which is a constant problem and apparent when you watch him at times in games....If Slater is there at the tenth pick and Farley and Surtain are gone, I'd be taking Slater..

817Gill

Reaction score
NOTHING wrong in trading him. WHY then hold onto a guy 2 years too long and get zilch? It makes no sense. Fisher is trying to hard on this vid clip. He is spewing , spinning it. Its lyin season I guess..draft time and free agency time...so the teams send their team writers out their to publish fake claims to take us off the scent.
You’re freakin out man lol. Pretty measured vid from Fish, far too often he rambles on about nothing for half of it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
YEP. I think at that point you must start calling teams and getting compensation for Gallup either several picks this year or future picks. I think the Chargers would be a great team to call. They could use an upgrade at WR. Gallup would compete for that WR1 spot there. They would be very dynamic.

I've been saying this for ages! I have been saying that I think we could at least get a 1 for him. I'd love to see what we can get for Gallup. I think we can replace him in round 4 or 5. Buuuuuuuuuut, what do I know? I'm just a cartoon lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pitts get compared to Waller in oakland..but I disagree...I think hes more like Shannon Sharpe. A tightend with a WR mentality...and hes twitchy out of the blocks, great on those 50/50 balls. He and Schultz would be awesome. NOT my preference tho. WE need defense badly.

Reaction score
its pure delusional to say we are gonna ride Tyron yet another season..lol..if we do that Dak will get hurt again. TIME for an upgrade!!! STOP sticking with injured players too long. KNOW WHEN TO SAY WHEN! Why has this org. always been this dang stubborn? MOVE ON FROM TYRON.
You are guessing here. He's had surgery. The doctors, trainers and Tyron knows where he stands.

There is no question they need a backup plan if he gets hurt again, be it Irving, a draft pick or both. But if Smith can still play at a high level, you keep him and play him. Because he would be the best player to play the position on the team.

Plan A is Tyron. Plan B is Irving or a draft pick. You do not dump Tyron now, not knowing if he can still play. That would be........dumb

Last edited:

817Gill

Reaction score
You are guessing here. He's had surgery. The doctors, trainers and Tyron knows where he stands.

There is no question they need a backup plan if he gets hurt again, be it Irving, a draft pick or both. But if Smith can still play at a high level, you keep him and play him. Because he would be the best player to play the position.

Plan A is Tyron. Plan B is Irving or a draft pick. You do not dump Tyron now, not knowing if he can still play. That would be........dumb
Bingo

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would take him if I'm Cincy.

Surround Burrow with weapons and figure how to block for him later. He is just elusive enough.

Cincy would also be a team I'd look to try to trade Tyron Smith to. Who knows? Maybe that draws a 1st round pick for us? Flipping Tyron for Sewell would be sweet!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are smart. The 10th pick in this draft will be a gold mind. I don’t think Sewell will fall but Pitts or even the 4th quarterback could pop up at 10.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
To me, there isn't a top 10 DT in this draft but even if there was, the type of DT we need is not a guy you take top 10. That guy comes in the third, fourth or fifth round unless he's JJ Watt and I don't see one of those guys in this draft.

JMO....

Might there be a lb or safety worth it @ 10?

Rayman70

Reaction score

There is no question they need a backup plan if he gets hurt again, be it Irving, a draft pick or both. But if Smith can still play at a high level, you keep him and play him. Because he would be the best player to play the position.

wow...ok..so what happens if/when he goes down again for the 3rd year in a row? Misses games? Do you recall the absolute mess our oline was in 2020? I thought Knight improved, even steele...but I am sick just thinking about risking Daks health again behind Tyron.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are smart. The 10th pick in this draft will be a gold mind. I don’t think Sewell will fall but Pitts or even the 4th quarterback could pop up at 10.
I see a scenario where we will have a very tough decision to make. I think Lance or Wilson will be there at 10. Its very possible. If its Wilson..I pull the trigger or I am fielding calls to other teams looking to trade up for a QB and getting alot of picks.

Reaction score
Cincy would also be a team I'd look to try to trade Tyron Smith to. Who knows? Maybe that draws a 1st round pick for us? Flipping Tyron for Sewell would be sweet!
Lol.

If Tyron goes on the trading block, the first things other teams would ask is why. They know his injury history. They aren't idiots. The Bengals or other teams would only conclude the Cowboys would trade Smith because he is damaged goods.

But yeah, the Bengals would trade the 3rd overall pick ( or whatever it is) for Smith.