Fish report: Belichick wants to coach Cowboys

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry could have secured Bill if he wanted him. Didn't even look his way when Atlanta was courting him. Jerry doesn't want Bill, or any other headstrong HC.
The timing wasn’t right. Jerry was never going to fire McCarthy after 12-5 back to back, but we don’t have a coach under contract after the season. I can see him looking to Bill if we fall short this season.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
At this point in our 28-year Super Bowl drought, If Jerry decided to hire someone like BB, it would mean that he is admitting to FAILURE. He failed us all on the day he forced Jimmy Johnson to leave, believing that " Any Head Coach can lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl". Jerry's quote hasn't aged very well, considering that since Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's Team, the Cowboys haven't been close to a Super Bowl, they also haven't sniffed an NFC Championship game in 28 years. If Jerry decided to hire BB, it would mean that he has matured into a man that no longer cares about who gets the credit.. But the sad truth is, winning a Super Bowl means nothing to Jerry, unless he gets the credit for doing it HIS WAY.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At this point in our 28-year Super Bowl drought, If Jerry decided to hire someone like BB, it would mean that he is admitting to FAILURE. He failed us all on the day he forced Jimmy Johnson to leave, believing that " Any Head Coach can lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl". Jerry's quote hasn't aged very well, considering that since Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnson's Team, the Cowboys haven't been close to a Super Bowl, they also haven't sniffed an NFC Championship game in 28 years. If Jerry decided to hire BB, it would mean that he has matured into a man that no longer cares about who gets the credit.. But the sad truth is, winning a Super Bowl means nothing to Jerry, unless he gets the credit for doing it HIS WAY.
they havent got past the div round game, in all these years, so I think maybe they are tired of that.
This past season, they got knocked out in wc round for a 2nd time with mm as HC. Yet they keep him for 24 season, which to me is bizarre.

Even fish, who likes MM, and doesnt like BB, said if your going to hire BB next season, why not just do it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets try to win in 24 ! Lets go ahead and do it.
Either sign dak, or get another one in here .

So whether they resign dak or not, the 24 season makes no sense.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Coach B wants to get paid and knows Mike is on the last year of his deal.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It’s pretty clear that Jerry wants to hire BB in January. He’s not prepared to give the team any help this offseason and is holding off on extensions. It sure looks like Jerry wants to clear the slate for BB.
Looks that way.

But I wonder if BB wants Dak.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
I don’t believe a word that comes out of this guys mouth. Rambles on and on and never really seems to know anything new or accurate.

RonWashington

Reaction score
BB wanted the Falcons job for some strange reason . Fish is literally throwing rumors and speculation at the wall for clicks . One of my least favorite DFW shock jocks next to Dale Hansen and Bob Sturm

khiladi

Reaction score
It's gonna either be Belichick or Deion.....the demise at the hands of the Packers and the anointing of the Texans was more than dear Jerry could bear.

The first response salvo fired will be a major trade at the 2024 draft.....the 2nd will be the hiring of a new coach in 2025.

" Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blockin out the scenery, breaking my mind........
Deion will be horrible. College is recruiting, the pros are actual X’s and O’s. Colorado collapsed and his defenses were allowing tons of points.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
BB wanted the Falcons job for some strange reason . Fish is literally throwing rumors and speculation at the wall for clicks . One of my least favorite DFW shock jocks next to Dale Hansen and Bob Sturm
he does 2 shows a day, he has to come up with something for his shows, his articles are a different thing.
We throw rumors and speculation here ourselves.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This came out this morning,7am. The latest on BB coming here in 2025. I am curious to see what Jones boys say about this, if anything.
Basically some people close to BB leaked that Bill only has 1 team in mind for his job next season and that is the Cowboys.
So Bill hasnt actually stated this publicly.

It would explain what is happening this off season, they are waiting for the new HC to be in on any big decisions.
So it is still wait and see what actually does happen.

This is 19 min video, so you guys ....and gals should watch it?

I agree with fish that this should not be leaked intentionally till after 24 season ends. which is why I am curious about the jones reaction to it.

Bring him and fire MM tommorrow if that is all it takes.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
No more retread head coaches that rode the coattails of a HOF QB (see Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton, too).

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
BB did not pay for big time WR's or RB's.
With Brady, they don’t need to go after monster receivers, he mad eh offense formidable no matter who the skill players were. BB could then focus on D, made a huge difference with those teams.