Fish report: Belichick wants to coach Cowboys

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
How could he not when he sees that collection of backfield talent? I mean who wouldn't want to coach that all-star squad?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This came out this morning,7am. The latest on BB coming here in 2025. I am curious to see what Jones boys say about this, if anything.
Basically some people close to BB leaked that Bill only has 1 team in mind for his job next season and that is the Cowboys.
So Bill hasnt actually stated this publicly.

It would explain what is happening this off season, they are waiting for the new HC to be in on any big decisions.
So it is still wait and see what actually does happen.

This is 19 min video, so you guys ....and gals should watch it?

I agree with fish that this should not be leaked intentionally till after 24 season ends. which is why I am curious about the jones reaction to it.

I bet the FIRST thing he says while licking his lips "We love coach mike, he's our coach, we think highly of him, and where he's going to take us now and in the future!" lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not everything, but he knows more than people sitting at home on their couch
I’ve never seen anyone as close to the team be wrong as often as he is. I don’t take anything he says seriously. I think some on this board are better prognosticators than him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Grampy wants to be a big man. Isn't that cute. Go back to your old folks home that Brady pays for bud.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cowboys undermining their current coach is the most Cowboys thing you will see.

Seriously how much more can intelligent fans stand? I despise the Jones clan.

popp1234

Reaction score
Not exactly. Tuna was miserable.
I saw in an interview where he said his relationship with Jerry was good (he even learned some things about the business side of things). He said he no longer had the energy to handle the grind of the NFL. According to him, he no longer wanted to endure the emotional sting of losing.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I saw in an interview where he said his relationship with Jerry was good (he even learned some things about the business side of things). He said he no longer had the energy to handle the grind of the NFL. According to him, he no longer wanted to endure the emotional sting of losing.
Im not sure he was good with TO and that was Jerry forcing the situation on him...wether thats what did it or the strain of the Job we may never know..I do know Tuna was too much of a professional to ever come out and say anything bad about an employer..and who knows he may actually like Jerry...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I completely agree with everything you said. You used the word weird, which I agree with. I am thinking the word toxic whenever I think about this. Jerry either has some “master plan” that we are not aware of or he has entered into a whole new level of toxicity. Neither one would surprise me.

Everyone knows I’m not the biggest Dak fan there is and I don’t want him signed to a NFL record setting extension. But what Jerry is doing right now to Dak is complete crap IMO. If you don’t want to sign him then fine. I’m cool with that but don’t set him up to fail. That’s just crap. And this goes for Martin, CD, Ferguson, Diggs, etc as well. Don’t set the guys up to fail. It’s not cool. I mainly singled Dak out due to him being the QB he’ll get most of the wrath of the fans but Jerry is setting him up to fail. Regardless how I feel about Dak, I feel that is very unfair to him and unprofessional. JMO of coarse.
yeah it is crap, but jerrys reasons could be a number of things,like this:
jerry-notepad-3-crop.jpg

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I might be remembering this wrong but I think Tuna's brother passed on and it took a lot out of him and he retired/quit.

Bill is a good defense coach and needs a good QB for it to work for him.

Fat Mike is doing okay, but he doesn't have the QB either.

so none of this matters until you get the missing piece that all the winning teams have.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It’s pretty clear that Jerry wants to hire BB in January. He’s not prepared to give the team any help this offseason and is holding off on extensions. It sure looks like Jerry wants to clear the slate for BB.
Jerry could have secured Bill if he wanted him. Didn't even look his way when Atlanta was courting him. Jerry doesn't want Bill, or any other headstrong HC.