Fish: Schefter is reporting a rumor the Cowboys could use a high draft pick on a QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I said this in another thread but the FO’s behavior this offseason is very weird. I think all of us are picking up on that. Maybe the Green Bay loss broke them. I do agree that this inactivity may be more than saving money on the salary cap. Something is going on. Personally I kind of like it over the “everyone feel comfortable” BS we’ve been seeing from them the last couple seasons, well last couple decades.
The Cowboys offseason points to them having having no desire to compete next year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Cowboys offseason points to them having having no desire to compete next year.
100%........none
To be honest, it's the first time we can make such a statement with any validity since Jerry bought the team.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you are wondering.......I know this is Fish but it's legit. I would post the actual tweet that has some foul language attached and just come off the bench :banghead: :banghead:

Letting Dak know that the offense won't be replenished much in the draft either. If they're really thinking about a new QB, they could try to move up it the 1st and *really* hamstring our draft for this year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If they do that it will make the Lance trade look stupid. I doubt Jerry is ready to look stupid before Lance plays a preseason game.
It's fine, even good, to take more than one swing for a replacement QB.

QBs cost a lot. Lance is a small fraction of what Dak costs this year in salary, and an even smaller fraction of his open market price.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
its lyin season. But we shouldn't rule this out. In fact, if you look at the massive holes we have, trading Dak for picks and players makes too much sense, and at that point, Jerrys all in statement makes more sense.
all in doesn't mean a rebuild for the future.

"all in" was simply jones being jones.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There was no report. :facepalm:
Not sure if anyone is saying there is.........no question he's speculating but I don't think he's making up either. My guess is it could be something a couple of his sources have also speculated.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is saying there is.........no question he's speculating but I don't think he's making up either. My guess is it could be something a couple of his sources have also speculated.
By the way he said it, it was just him thinking out loud or whatever, he didn't get that from 105.3 the fan or anything lol

MikeT22

Reaction score
I’ve said this in other threads. Normally your 4th rounder is a STs or fringe backup unless you get pretty lucky. I’m more than willing to trade a 4th for a possible franchise QB or quality player at the QB position.
I would make that trade too, but Lance isn’t it. Too many are holding onto the fact he was a high 1st round pick and not what transpired afterwards. Despite their huge investment they opted to cut bait.

SF gambled big and way overdrafted a guy with the physical traits but who was vastly inexperienced, can’t read defenses and processes things way too slow.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would make that trade too, but Lance isn’t it. Too many are holding onto the fact he was a high 1st round pick and not what transpired afterwards. Despite their huge investment they opted to cut bait.

SF gambled big and way overdrafted a guy with the physical traits but who was vastly inexperienced, can’t read defenses and processes things way too slow.
Gosh this sounds familiar!!

Bagman

Reaction score
Jerry already looks stupid for trading for Lance.
Imagine how stupid the 49ers are for spending 3 picks, including 2 first rounders, on Lance. It's only costed Dallas a 4th and they could recoup that at any time.