Twitter: Fish seems to think Earl Thomas is now in play

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
No more than a 3rd this year and a 4th next year imo..
But watch them give away the farm to appease fans after yesterday.....

If that was the case than Romo and Dez would still be here and dak the backup regardless of what he did while they were waiting for Romo to come back from injury.

The FO can give two ***** about the fans. They are doing this for them, not to please you. We are pee'ons.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent but one thing I think needs consideration is that he might really help the young guys develop....dont know how to quantify that value.

I'm on record being adamantly against giving any type of valuable pick (4th or higher) for this guy at this point but would be intrigued at how he could help the young guys

Well I'm okay if we were getting him on the team with minimal surrender of draft picks, maybe a 5th or later round, a vet on the downside of his career and I actually like Earl Thomas. But giving up a high draft pick for a guy to just help guys develop? He takes up a roster spot and comes at a premium cost, seems it might just be worthwhile to hire the guy as a coach.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Going after Earl Thomas is a Jerry move. Saving the draft picks is a Stephen move. We already know who’s in charge once Jerry’s favorite player got canned.

You are so right here. Problem is we don't have any proof that Stephen's way is better than Jerry. Our roster isn't exact full of talent at the moment.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You are so right here. Problem is we don't have any proof that Stephen's way is better than Jerry. Our roster isn't exact full of talent at the moment.

Well we have had 23 years of Jerry moves, let's evaluate what Stephen can do shall we?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No more than a 3rd this year and a 4th next year imo..
But watch them give away the farm to appease fans after yesterday.....

if they were willing to give up the farm why wouldn't they already have done it?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
And you Seahawk fans were/are doing the same thing when it comes to Earl's value:
Lol people talk about the unrealistic trades on this board, but that’s not even Madden level GMing. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a worse trade proposal on here.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How do you know this? Are you in the meetings, on the field or know the players personally?

Always cracks me up when people make assumptive blanket statements like this...

Then crack up skippy.....:lmao2: