Fish video talking about Dak and Jimmy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully Jimmy is whispering find a way to move on from Dak
Jimmy wouldn’t be stupid enough to move on from Dak until he had a better QB. He drafted Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh in 1989 to cover himself and make sure one of them would turn out. Once he knew Aikman was the one he then traded Walsh. Jimmy has said many times Dak is a very good QB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jimmy wouldn’t be stupid enough to move on from Dak until he had a better QB. He drafted Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh in 1989 to cover himself and make sure one of them would turn out. Once he knew Aikman was the one he then traded Walsh. Jimmy has said many times Dak is a very good QB.
This situation is different, so you cant compare to Aikman in 92.
By the time Aikman was in his 4th year he had won a SB, so Jimmy knew what he had in Aikman. Troy had proved himself.

With Dak the jones boys have handled things all wrong, and now wind up in the current situation.
So Jimmy would never be in this situation, so pointless to say what he would do .

Cowboys couldnt win with Dak in his cheap years, which is telling of how poorly this FO runs things, as that was the time to go all in.
Then they fared no better, in Daks 40 mil a year years, still couldnt win in playoffs.

So now they will try Dak again only paying more $ , looks like another 20 mil a year.

My main complaint on dak, is that he isnt worth 40 mil per year, and isnt worth 60 mil for sure.
The reason is, they could get a cheaper QB who is about the same as Dak, and use the savings to put a better team on the field.

With Dak he now will make so much, they have to put a lesser team on field, and if he couldnt win before, I dont see him winning with
a lesser team.

To me it is all about finding a cheaper QB and let dak go somewhere else , and try to get his $ and win a SB elsewhere.
Dak if he was smart enough should know he cant win a SB here and get a big raise too, so to me he is just wanting the $
because he should see he cant win one here in this current situation.

I can safely predict right now that dallas will never win a SB with dak, partly because he will making way too much $ along with Lamb and parsons,
the bulk of $ going to those 3.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This situation is different, so you cant compare to Aikman in 92.
By the time Aikman was in his 4th year he had won a SB, so Jimmy knew what he had in Aikman. Troy had proved himself.

With Dak the jones boys have handled things all wrong, and now wind up in the current situation.
So Jimmy would never be in this situation, so pointless to say what he would do .

Cowboys couldnt win with Dak in his cheap years, which is telling of how poorly this FO runs things, as that was the time to go all in.
Then they fared no better, in Daks 40 mil a year years, still couldnt win in playoffs.

So now they will try Dak again only paying more $ , looks like another 20 mil a year.

My main complaint on dak, is that he isnt worth 40 mil per year, and isnt worth 60 mil for sure.
The reason is, they could get a cheaper QB who is about the same as Dak, and use the savings to put a better team on the field.

With Dak he now will make so much, they have to put a lesser team on field, and if he couldnt win before, I dont see him winning with
a lesser team.

To me it is all about finding a cheaper QB and let dak go somewhere else , and try to get his $ and win a SB elsewhere.
Dak if he was smart enough should know he cant win a SB here and get a big raise too, so to me he is just wanting the $
because he should see he cant win one here in this current situation.

I can safely predict right now that dallas will never win a SB with dak, partly because he will making way too much $ along with Lamb and parsons,
the bulk of $ going to those 3.
The situation isn’t any different than it was back then, you still need a solid QB to win a championship. There’s even more of a premium on having a solid QB in today’s game because it’s a passing league and everything offensively revolves around the QB. Aikman didn’t have to do near as much as what Dak is having to do. Our running game was second to none when we were winning championships in the 90s with Emmitt Smith. Plus, we had great defenses. There were plenty of games where Aikman didn’t have to attempt more than 30 passes. Jimmy knew what he had in Aikman by year two which is why he traded Steve Walsh in 1990. All QBs are getting paid these days. Predicting the Cowboys will never win a Super Bow with Dak isn’t going out on much of a limb.

They haven’t won a Super Bowl in almost 30 years. They’ve only won Super Bowls with two different QBs in their entire history. If the Cowboys don’t win a Super Bowl with Dak it will be because they don’t have good enough teams/defenses. I don’t believe any QB in the league could win a championship with this Cowboys team. We struggled to run the ball. We have coaching issues. We’re consistently one of the most if not the most penalized teams in the NFL and our defense is very up-and-down. Our defense could look great one week and horrible the next. We saw it several times this season. No QB is going to overcome the dysfunctional teams the Joneses keep putting together.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jimmy is on his boat and isnt working for anyone. It was just a tongue and cheek comment Jimmy made. Essentially hes saying, now they talk more often, and we all good. Its nothing more. The media is running with it. Fisher is pretending he knows more than he actually does btw. Neither guy really tells Fish anything of real note.Hes on the outer fringes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jimmy is on his boat and isnt working for anyone. It was just a tongue in cheek comment Jimmy made. Essentially hes saying, now they talk more often, and we all good. Its nothing more. The media is running with it. Fisher is pretending he knows more than he actually does btw. Neither guy really tells Fish anything of real note.Hes on the outer fringes.
If Jerry called Jimmy after the loss and they talked for an hour. It is more than that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Jerry called Jimmy after the loss and they talked for an hour. It is more than that.
nothing that will move the needle. Its not like hes involved in what Jerry does. It was likely him running some things by Jimmy and getting ideas. Picking his brain. I think we better tamp this nonsense down as far a getting excited over a statement Jimmy made to a radio host. Jimmy was laughing when he said it. But hey, its a start. Now if we start seeing Jimmy at the star and walking around with him ,THEN maybe we can make that leap. I guess we can hope. My antennae will go up if we see him in the owners box with him and stevie.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I imagine Jerry wanted to fire the entire staff including MM after that loss. It was JIMMY that walked him back from the edge.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Well you need to watch the video, jimmy isnt working for jerry.
And according to fish, they have to resign dak by march 13. If they dont they wont be in compliance and under cap.
if they do that another way they will be out of $ and cant sign anyone, FA , current players etc.

They pushed too much $ into this last year. So they are stuck with dak for the time being and worse he has the upper hand in
the negotiations.
Dak will not be signed by 3/13

MikeT22

Reaction score
If the Cowboys don’t win a Super Bowl with Dak it will be because they don’t have good enough teams/defenses. I don’t believe any QB in the league could win a championship with this Cowboys team.
And I don’t think Dak could win a Super Bowl with any team in the league.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enjoyed this one, talks about jimmy and jerry in 1990 as good friends.
About why they have to deal with dak by march 13.
And explains the adivsory board comment jimmy made.

Off-topic. Has Mike Fisher ever stated he has Tardive Dyskinesia?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you need to watch the video, jimmy isnt working for jerry.
And according to fish, they have to resign dak by march 13. If they dont they wont be in compliance and under cap.
if they do that another way they will be out of $ and cant sign anyone, FA , current players etc.

They pushed too much $ into this last year. So they are stuck with dak for the time being and worse he has the upper hand in
the negotiations.
If there isn't a "must play" clause, Dak can sit on the bench and Trey starts.
Then I think Dak would be willing to negotiate a trade. :)
Not sure I want that, but it's an option.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And I don’t think Dak could win a Super Bowl with any team in the league.
He’s better than some QBs that won SBs. Wish he had the teams those QBs did. The playoffs have been a problem for him and the team. When the team has performed well in the playoffs so has he. When you’re not getting it done as a team it’s going to affect the QB. There’s been some HOF QBs struggle in playoff games and SB’s because their team struggled. Mahomes struggled against Tampa in the SB a few years ago when his team was getting pounded. I saw fans on this board pointing the finger at him saying he was overrated. :rolleyes:

MikeT22

Reaction score
He’s better than some QBs that won SBs. Wish he had the teams those QBs did. The playoffs have been a problem for him and the team. When the team has performed well in the playoffs so has he. When you’re not getting it done as a team it’s going to affect the QB. There’s been some HOF QBs struggle in playoff games and SB’s because their team struggled. Mahomes struggled against Tampa in the SB a few years ago when his team was getting pounded. I saw fans on this board pointing the finger at him saying he was overrated. :rolleyes:
Poor Dak, a diamond surrounded by trash. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Poor Dak, a diamond surrounded by trash. lol
He’s surrounded by a lot of quitters. I didn’t see him quit against Green Bay, throwing for over 400 yards and completing 41 passes with 3 touchdowns. It was too little too late, but he never gave up.