Fisher: Cowboys people thinks Griffin would have to relearn position to be a QB here

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the QB has to relearn his position to play it then something is wrong with the staff.

I'm not necessarily advocating getting Griffin, but good coaches adapt to the personnel.
If the Cowboys staff is saying it can't adapt, it's an admission that last year's QB struggles had just as much or more to do with them as they did with Weeden and Cassel.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
If the QB has to relearn his position to play it then something is wrong with the staff.

I'm not necessarily advocating getting Griffin, but good coaches adapt to the personnel.
If the Cowboys staff is saying it can't adapt, it's an admission that last year's QB struggles had just as much or more to do with them as they did with Weeden and Cassel.

garrett seemsxto force players into a system vs build around his talent

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Think same can be said for ANY QB that the Cowboys acquire. Garrett and Linehan place a lot of restrictions on the back up QBs. Unlike Romo, who either has no restrictions or ignores those restrictions.

Garrett needs to go back and watch game tape of Kitna in 2010

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I can't get over the unmitigated gall that Fisher has.

This has been written about in articles, in blogs and on this very site for months.

Yet this clown is peddling this as new information.

Griffin is Quincy dumb? Who on earth knew?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Garrett needs to go back and watch game tape of Kitna in 2010

Honestly, I think Garrett needs a true offensive guru. Someone like Norv Turner who has perfected a philosophy and system that is time tested and proven, a system he knows inside and out and trusts explicitly but is still able to see ways to improve. A guy like Norv, but without the HC aspirations. Someone like Tom Moore (currently in AZ) who practically resurrected Palmer's career because he is not about systems, but about people. Moore is like Yoda for offense. About as old too.

Moore has developed QBs from Terry Bradshaw to Peyton Manning. He was the first OC to have TWO WRs with 1,000 reception yards in same season. Moore is a big believer in the vertical offense but he's seen every offense there is and is even more about adapting systems to suit the strengths of the players. Not the other way around.

Garrett needs a guy like Moore who will set him straight when he is stubborn about something he is so inexperienced with - coaching, game planning and play calling. Garrett would have no choice but to listen to a guy like Moore, who EARNED 3 SB wins with 2 teams. And not by doing it ONE way but any and all ways.

In their first meeting, former Steelers wide receiver Lynn Swann helped Moore develop his coaching style. Swann told Moore the Steelers receivers didn't need to be taught how to catch -- they needed to be coached on what they weren't doing well. So Moore concentrated on reading coverages and adjusting routes. It was a similar approach Moore used with Manning years later. Every offseason, Manning and Moore would identify what the quarterback had not done proficiently enough the previous year, and prioritize improving those areas. Manning believes Moore belongs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. "He had a tremendous impact on me," Manning said. "I still use a lot of his coaching expressions and sayings."

Moore was the mastermind behind the great Manning offenses in Indianapolis, and the Colts won a Super Bowl in the 2006-2007 season. The head coach of that team was Tony Dungy. Moore recruited Dungy to play at Minnesota, convinced the Steelers to sign him as an undrafted free agent, coached him and then worked alongside him for the Steelers, Vikings and Colts. "He's one of my favorite people in football, no question," Dungy said. "He teaches players not only the right way to play the game, but also the right way to think."

I first met Moore in the early 90s when he was coaching Barry Sanders and Herman Moore in Detroit. Other coaches revered him even back then. "You have to meet this guy," they told me. An audience with Moore always has been special. He can tell tales about coaching Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, John Stallworth, Mike Webster, Cris Carter, Rich Gannon, Randall McDaniel, Herschel Walker, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James and Reggie Wayne. "He is like a football encyclopedia," Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. "He is a wealth of knowledge. It's been a privilege to be around him. I learn something new from him every day. He'll say, 'Larry, try this. Marvin Harrison had success with this.'"

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...-assistant-coach-tom-moore-still-going-strong