Fisher: Cowboys people thinks Griffin would have to relearn position to be a QB here

T-RO

Reaction score
I don't understand why all the hate for RG3? He's not a bad guy or locker room cancer.

Wasn't he a locker room cancer? I thought he repeatedly threw his teammates under the bus and was contentious with his coaches. I don't know maybe I'm getting old and mis-remembering.

Edit: after a little google...I wasn't misremembering. Sounds like a number of his teammates hated the guy:
http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/31/robert-griffin-iii-teammates-blast-qb-now-we-can-start-winning/

Hoofbite

Reaction score
In short, RG3 is not the answer. That the conclusion here?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Not sure Grossman is an example of how good a QB coach Wilson has been. Grossman had ONE successful season. And it wasn't the offense that drove that Bears team to the SB, it was the defense and ST.

As for Romo liking or not liking Wilson, who knows. All I know is that Romo has repeatedly credited Lee, Payton and Parcells for the player he's become. Never have I heard him credit Wilson or Garrett for his development or success. He's given some love to Linehan last season but in all the years with Garrett and Wilson, nothing. That is significant for a person as generous and genial as Romo.

The lack of data esp anecdotally means squat. It is much more logical to assume his longevity here means something more than negative.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Wasn't he a locker room cancer? I thought he repeatedly threw his teammates under the bus and was contentious with his coaches. I don't know maybe I'm getting old and mis-remembering.

Edit: after a little google...I wasn't misremembering. Sounds like a number of his teammates hated the guy:
http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/31/robert-griffin-iii-teammates-blast-qb-now-we-can-start-winning/

Did you read the quotes? That's far from his teammates hating him. I don't remember him having any issues with anyone other than Shanahan. His performance on the field was the reason why the offense struggled. He deserved to be benched, but it was never because of his attitude. He just flat out stunk on the field.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
L
The lack of data esp anecdotally means squat. It is much more logical to assume his longevity here means something more than negative.

Lets agree to disagree. IMO, Wade Wilson is not a good QB coach. That Romo never mentions WW when crediting coaches who influenced him/helped him develop is more than a lack of anecdotal evidence. Again my opinion.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

No good news for Griffin crowd

I wonder if Linehan feels that Dak Prescott also needs to re-learn how to play QB. If so, why waste time even talking to the guy? There is a reason why Dak (or Tebow) are 2nd/3rd round picks and guys like RG3 was picked at the very top of the draft. If RG3 comes out the year after Luck, he goes #1 IMO.

Where did the Cowboys coaches/scouts rank RG3 the year he was drafted, very curious if the thinking was similar to now.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Strange things out now about how the Commanders claim there are "two teams" who have inquired about trading for him.

Is anyone falling for this ruse?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If the QB has to relearn his position to play it then something is wrong with the staff.

I'm not necessarily advocating getting Griffin, but good coaches adapt to the personnel.
If the Cowboys staff is saying it can't adapt, it's an admission that last year's QB struggles had just as much or more to do with them as they did with Weeden and Cassel.

Bro, what are you talking about with this "adapting" nonsense:laugh:

We will run the same offense out of the same formations calling the same plays regardless of who is QB..............that is how Garrett and company roll.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I wonder if Linehan feels that Dak Prescott also needs to re-learn how to play QB. If so, why waste time even talking to the guy? There is a reason why Dak (or Tebow) are 2nd/3rd round picks and guys like RG3 was picked at the very top of the draft. If RG3 comes out the year after Luck, he goes #1 IMO.

Where did the Cowboys coaches/scouts rank RG3 the year he was drafted, very curious if the thinking was similar to now.

The Cowboys also had Johnny Manzel #1 on their draft board, per Jerry.

So I would not put too much stock into where RG3 was ranked on their board

speedkilz88

Reaction score
50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga.jpeg

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Bro, what are you talking about with this "adapting" nonsense:laugh:

We will run the same offense out of the same formations calling the same plays regardless of who is QB..............that is how Garrett and company roll.

With RGIII, it's not about adapting the offense to his strengths. He was a running QB from a spread offense, who got so beat up his rookie year, the only way he can survive in the NFL is to become a pocket passer. He never learned to do that in Washington. He'd have to learn to do that in Dallas, or wherever he ends up for that matter.

rpntex

Reaction score
With RGIII, it's not about adapting the offense to his strengths. He was a running QB from a spread offense, who got so beat up his rookie year, the only way he can survive in the NFL is to become a pocket passer. He never learned to do that in Washington. He'd have to learn to do that in Dallas, or wherever he ends up for that matter.

Don't waste your time trying to explain it to these guys. The fact is that RG3 would have to "re-learn" how to play QB in almost every offense in the NFL...at least any offense that is not of the "zone read" variety. It's not just Garrett's offense that RG3 would have trouble surviving in, but it's all about Garrett to some people.