Video: Fisher Goes on Rant, Calling Fans Idiots, Says Peters Negotiations Not Over

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet but I have a feeling I know exactly the type of person he rants about. Oddly enough he hasn't posted in here yet.

I've always said though. Miserable people stay miserable. Cowboys win a SB and the same miserable people won't magically change. That's not how these people work. They will change their narrative.

Edit: nevermind I was 30 seconds late posting. Snuck right in before me.

LittleD

Reaction score
Because its my team. Ive been following them for over 30 years. And yes. I will complain when it is warranted.

Improvements? Where? On the OL? The WR room? You are the kind of fan that buys whatever Jerry and his family are selling and take it with a smile on your face. Sorry. I cant do that. Will I watch every game? Your damn right I will. Will I enjoy it if they fail? No I wont. However, that is what Jerry and CO have set this team up to do. Fail.

The biggest improvement I want this team to make. Is the Jones family taking a back seat. Hiring a GM. And staying away from coaching, the tv, the radio, and every where else they can be seen.

Sorry Fellow... It's just NOT your team, it's Jerry's and Stephen's team. You can be mad or sad that they are not running the team like Philthy or the Rams but, they have chosen another path and that's the way it is. They are building through the draft and they will rise or fall on that strategy come what may.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet but I have a feeling I know exactly the type of person he rants about. Oddly enough he hasn't posted in here yet.

I've always said though. Miserable people stay miserable. Cowboys win a SB and the same miserable people won't magically change. That's not how these people work. They will change their narrative.

Edit: nevermind I was 30 seconds late posting. Snuck right in before me.
You spoke too soon bro! lol

foofighters

Reaction score
Fish is 100% spot on!

I wish this thread was stickied to the top of this forum so everyone could watch this video. Mike Fisher was spot on on every point he made. His message was simple: Enjoy being a fan. Enjoy the ride. Life is too short. Trust what is happening behind closed doors. Everything will work out just fine. That's not to say one should not wonder if this or that is going to work out, but overall, we should be having fun being a Cowboys fan because this team and organization is good and making the necessary changes to stay competitive and give itself a chance to reach the dance every year. Once one reaches the playoffs, anything can happen, but this organization is pretty good and so much better than what it is being given credit for by some. This organization could be much worse. Thankfully, it's not. Relax, breathe a breath of fresh air and enjoy being a fan of the #1 most sought after sports team in the world...America's Team...the World's Team...the Dallas Cowboys!
:starspin:

1st sentence: Going by the last 20 years so, I cannot trust what's happening behind closed doors
2nd sentence: Going by the last 20 years so...

What you wrote is so full of acceptance as to what this organization has become. Is that what we are now? We are supposed to be that fan that points to a Trophy case with old trophies that are covered in cobwebs and yell, "AMERICA's TEAM?" We are better than the Lions but by how much? Jerry is nothing more than a master salesmen. Every year, he's convinced you guys how good this team is. Yet, he and all of his family lack the ability to actually lead this football team. They are more concerned with headlines and money.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Hey fish just stop with the fun crap when your offensive line doesn't work because you haven't attended to it properly and your quarterback is getting killed you can't run the ball it's not fun
Hey fish three and out is not fun
Hey fish your defense on the field the whole game because you can't sustain a drive because you're o-line is constantly getting penalized is not fun.

Hey fish stop being an idiot if we fix the o line and we can dominate up front then Zeke and guys like Turpin can take that little slant and take it to the house and we can have fun..

The last 26 years have been so much fun I don't get why people go into every season with a negative outlook? I mean who better to run a football team than Jerry Jones and his son Stephen? Have fun as a fan, keep lining their pockets and just accept the ineptitude.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
1st sentence: Going by the last 20 years so, I cannot trust what's happening behind closed doors

What you wrote is so full of acceptance as to what this organization has become. Is that what we are now? We are supposed to be that fan that points to a Trophy case with old trophies that are covered in cobwebs and yell, "AMERICA's TEAM?" We are better than the Lions but by how much? Jerry is nothing more than a master salesmen. Every year, he's convinced you guys how good this team is. Yet, he and all of his family lack the ability to actually lead this football team. They are more concerned with headlines and money.

Getting to the playoffs and getting bounced in the wild card round is a big deal. That's how low the bar is apparently. Let's see if they actually make it to the playoffs in back to back seasons for the first time in 15 years. That will be like winning the super bowl for the Jones boys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree with what he's saying about having fun, and the cap boy stuff. I just think he's being a pompous *** with his delivery.
I watched this ugly presentation he made. He exposed himself fully. He is a large part of the systemic issues in Dallas. His arrogance rivals that of Jerry and son. THEY think they are smarter than anyone else. He told us all what he thinks of the fans that pay huge prices to watch the games and buy merch. We are NOTHING in their eyes. This guy is an ARSE! Like a certain leader, what he is saying is SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET. NOTHING TO SEE HERE and you will like it. IGNORE THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN. Bow down to ME...meaning Jerry and Stevie and that ilk. This morning he blamed QB as the issue over the last 26 years. What he failed to mention was who is in charge of finding said QB over the last 26 years. It aint the fans...ITS JERRY! He deflects!

Rayman70

Reaction score
OK.
So the message to Cowboy fans from Stephen and Jerrah: "Dont worry. Be happy."
Got it.
no its, ignore our lyin eyes over the last 26 years. Ignore that man behind the curtain.

Sydla

Reaction score
What's funny about all of this is that some here act like there is something unique about CZ having fans that criticize the team, often. Like, only Dallas fans complain about their team, hence, why they aren't good fans (at least not as good as the ones who constantly defend the front office, team, etc.) It's a stupid notion. Go to any sports message board and you'll find fans complaining or criticizing. It's not unique to this place. It's the very nature of fandom - fans cheer, criticize, whine, celebrate.

The other thing that cracks me up is this whole concept of a miserable fan. Meaning if you criticize Jerry for being utterly useless for 25 years, that somehow you are just a miserable person. Here's a clue. Most fans that criticize Jerry don't think about Jerry the other 23 hours of a day. After they post here, they walk away to their regular lives. I don't worry about Jerry when I am walking our dog, or at work, or watching my kids' travel soccer games. I don't think about the Cowboys every waking second of the day, allowing it to turn me into a miserable person. I come here for fun, I enjoy the banter, I leave and I go on with my life. The fact that some of you tie what the Cowboys are doing to how people act in their real lives is kind of bizarre.

"Enjoy the ride!" LOL. Another idiocy. Just because people come here and criticize the moves the team makes or what a player does, doesn't mean they don't get excited for a Cowboys game. I like watching football. I love watching the Cowboys. I get pissed when I have to VPN a Cowboys game over some sketchy website link when the network rules on blackouts and other BS. But it doesn't mean that in enjoying a Cowboys game doesn't mean I won't criticize if they lose, or a coach does something dumb, or a player makes a mistake.

And finally, this whole notion of "trust" that Fish apparently is selling. LOL. He can't be serious with that warmed over BS, right?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fish is 100% spot on!

I wish this thread was stickied to the top of this forum so everyone could watch this video. Mike Fisher was spot on on every point he made. His message was simple: Enjoy being a fan. Enjoy the ride. Life is too short. Trust what is happening behind closed doors. Everything will work out just fine. That's not to say one should not wonder if this or that is going to work out, but overall, we should be having fun being a Cowboys fan because this team and organization is good and making the necessary changes to stay competitive and give itself a chance to reach the dance every year. Once one reaches the playoffs, anything can happen, but this organization is pretty good and so much better than what it is being given credit for by some. This organization could be much worse. Thankfully, it's not. Relax, breathe a breath of fresh air and enjoy being a fan of the #1 most sought after sports team in the world...America's Team...the World's Team...the Dallas Cowboys!
:starspin:
a 26 year roller coaster ride to nowhere. Got it. We feel so much more at ease. Fish can kiss my rear. He's a clown.

Rayman70

Reaction score
26 years of a dry spell tends to piss fans off. Go figure. But the memo was received by the fans loud and clear from Fish...SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP PEASANTS. Buy my merch.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Fish's unspoken message seems to be that he's fed up with Cowboys fans being antsy/negative about their team. I'm sure he's had plenty of messages that have gotten under his skin about our hopelessness of being successful. I can't say for sure I wouldn't take his approach if I were in his shoes, but since I'm not in his shoes, I'm glad for that. He's sick and tired of dealing with us, as fans. Maybe he should quit his job, if he's so miserably offended by those he serves. Maybe he's being paid well enough to put up with us. Maybe he also knows we have to put up with him. That's my best guess! ;)

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fish's unspoken message seems to be that he's fed up with Cowboys fans being antsy/negative about their team. I'm sure he's had plenty of messages that have gotten under his skin about our hopeless chances of being successful. I can't say for sure I wouldn't take his approach if I were in his shoes, but since I'm not in his shoes, I'm glad for that. He's tired of dealing with us, as fans. Maybe he should quit his job, if he's so miserably offended by those he serves?! I guess he's paid enough to put up with us. That's my best guess.
just buy his merch and hes fine to tolerate us.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Did you watch the video? If you didn't, you should watch it all first before commenting.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Its a cowboys forum.

Complaining is allowed. And I watch. Again. Because I love this team. Regardless of dumb and dumber.
If you don't like the product, and you know it's not going to be built any more different than it has the past 27+ years, why continue to shop and buy it?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Did you watch his video? All of it?
No. I didnt. Because I dont need a guy on the payroll telling me how to be a fan.

If Jerry paid me I would be much nicer as well.

Tell me. How do you feel the Cowboys handled FA and the OL situation in particular?

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you don't like the product, and you know it's not going to be built any more different than it has the past 27+ years, why continue to shop and buy it?
You really are dense arent you?

Its called hope. Hope that one day things will change and Jerry will luck into a championship.

Sorry I cant be sunshine and rainbows and pom poms all the time AC. Enjoy that life. I bet you love winning the division and getting kicked out in the first round. You are the perfect fan for Jerry.