Video: Fisher Goes on Rant, Calling Fans Idiots, Says Peters Negotiations Not Over

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, I just know he's not nearly as effective as he should be at his job. So I find it kind of funny that he's his own worst enemy in that regard.

I see what he's doing. And he's not a bad guy. Just could be more effective. He doesn't leverage his platform nearly as well as he could/should.

I'm not hating on him. Just being constructive.

And I disagree with you. I think hes great. As he is saying... NFL season is ALL FUN. Hes telling all of these negative Nancy's something all of us older guys know(im 52). Have some darn fun and enjoy the journey. Thats what it is always about, the journey. So when The Cowboys have Peters in and are talking to him... enjoy it all. Enjoy the speculation, enjoy the negotiations, enjoy the lead up to week 1, and the lead up to every game..... its ALL GOOD.

But too many on here just cant wait to wake up and wine and cry about every second of every day. It sure is a crappy way to live, and a crappy way to "Enjoy," the NFL.

While so many on here are complaining about everything that happens with this team, Im excited as can be knowing that I only have 7 days unitl im on that plane heading to the season opener.

Blackrain

Reaction score
So starting a support group for bitter whiny fans that gently hold each other and rant makes it better?
Stop crying and just watch the games perhaps??
No support group necessary how about just being prepared you have the cap space there are people you can sign failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

Watching games with a bad offensive line is an exercise in frustration as you watch the pre-snap penalties and holding continually keep you behind the chains and stop drives along with the inability to run the ball.

When you've watched enough games you'll grasp this concept

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hey fish just stop with the fun crap when your offensive line doesn't work because you haven't attended to it properly and your quarterback is getting killed you can't run the ball it's not fun
Hey fish three and out is not fun
Hey fish your defense on the field the whole game because you can't sustain a drive because you're o-line is constantly getting penalized is not fun.

Hey fish stop being an idiot if we fix the o line and we can dominate up front then Zeke and guys like Turpin can take that little slant and take it to the house and we can have fun..

wait... didnt we have the top offense in the league last year? Didnt they draft an olineman with their top pick and a WR with their 3rd pick? Yet you make it sound like we have been signing HS Olineman for the past decade.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I do enjoy the moment. It's such a short season! But watching other teams in the playoffs year after year....kinda sucks.

People here (i.e. rocky point) get so worked up condescending and insulting good fans....that also sucks. We should be here having FUN!

uhmmm, you havent been watching the Cowboys in the playoffs?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
not at all, it’s don’t miss the fact that this team has a lot of positives right now to be excited about vs fixating on the one question mark they are trying to solve.

pretty fair assessment

Him using Cindy Crawford as an analogy was perfect. You are fixating on her mole and missing the fact she is gorgeous. Might be a little too complex for some....lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No support group necessary how about just being prepared you have the cap space there are people you can sign failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

Watching games with a bad offensive line is an exercise in frustration as you watch the pre-snap penalties and holding continually keep you behind the chains and stop drives along with the inability to run the ball.

When you've watched enough games you'll grasp this concept
They haven't lost a game with this OL yet.
They have Peters at the facility today for a physical and lunch with Jerry.
He was really good last year according to the whims of PFF. --i have no choice but to trust them as only masochists watch the bears play.

Let's wait til we see these guys play at least one game to freak out.

Young, cheap players tend to stay healthy and get better. It is not a bad philosophy at all.
They have earmarked much of that 20M to an early extensions for CeeDee Lamb/Trevon Diggs. Ones that keeps their cap hits somewhat low going forward by spreading his cash over 5 years.
Then they likely have to make Parsons the highest paid defender in the world in short order.

End of day I just beg of all Cowboys fans to stop whining til we play. When that first sack happens let it rip with full force.

foofighters

Reaction score
Did you watch the video? If you didn't, you should watch it all first before commenting.
No. I don't need to. I love the Dallas Cowboys. I don't like Jones boys. I am going to cheer this team on every year and HOPE they exceed my expectations but deep down, I know how things are going to go. My zest for everything football started to die when Werder camped outside of the Ranch and reported about the TO drama. Over the years, I've lost interest in what anyone from the media has to say about this team; good or bad.

I am excited to see some football and I am not "down" about this team. If anything I am numb to the poor play from this team. I am losing interest in the NFL in general. I don't watch other games anymore unless they are on as background noise while I am in the garage messing with my Harley or woodworking. Or hanging out with my wife as we doing something together. Too many commercials. Too many flags. Not enough defense. However, for now, I am still excited about the Cowboys even though I know I shouldn't be. She and I are even going to MN this year to see the Cowboys play the Vikings.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Fish is like Stephen A. It’s the sports plus them. Maybe in reverse...them then the sports. I bet 90 pct of fans don’t care about the personalities and just want good reporting and insightful opinion and analysis. Very few in the media can do this today.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Him using Cindy Crawford as an analogy was perfect. You are fixating on her mole and missing the fact she is gorgeous. Might be a little too complex for some....lol
Has any red blooded male ever even noticed the mole? Cindy Crawford could rub that sucker all over me.

TheCritic

Reaction score
My favorite part is when he says "I'm gonna set it straight" then proceeds to beat around the bush for several minutes. Fish is the ultimate clickbait con artist.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fisher is asking the fans to accept the last 26 years. I JUST CAN'T.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just responding to the post saying its frustrating only seeing other teams in the playoffs.
Great majority of it....is. I mean right? 4 of 6 seasons no playoffs. 1 season 1 game and done. 1 season with 1 win and done. Thats a bare cupboard..so watch othrr teams in playoffs, mostly.

DStar22

Reaction score
Fish is 100% spot on!

I wish this thread was stickied to the top of this forum so everyone could watch this video. Mike Fisher was spot on on every point he made. His message was simple: Enjoy being a fan. Enjoy the ride. Life is too short. Trust what is happening behind closed doors. Everything will work out just fine. That's not to say one should not wonder if this or that is going to work out, but overall, we should be having fun being a Cowboys fan because this team and organization is good and making the necessary changes to stay competitive and give itself a chance to reach the dance every year. Once one reaches the playoffs, anything can happen, but this organization is pretty good and so much better than what it is being given credit for by some. This organization could be much worse. Thankfully, it's not. Relax, breathe a breath of fresh air and enjoy being a fan of the #1 most sought after sports team in the world...America's Team...the World's Team...the Dallas Cowboys!
:starspin:

He is right , but for a reason he's not stating... there is no longer anything to brag about or compete about. it has been 27 years since we got a trophy, so we are at the bottom of the ladder in overall playoff wins and appearances, so what can you do? we don't have the most SB trophies in the NFL, we don't have a lot of playoff wins, and we haven't had a dominate team in a long time.

yeah look at America's team! the World's team! the perennially losing Dallas Cowboys!

hey I keep hoping, but not getting my blood pressure up any more, its not worth it

blueblood70

Reaction score
heres what im concerned about Eagles LT broke his arm and now who knows 6 weeks out maybe they go after Peters and we lose.