Fisher: Jerry Jones Will Sell Dallas Cowboys in Next 2 Years Claims Shameful FOX Sports Report

Jayinem

Reaction score
I would say won't happen under Jerry, but when Jerry is gone who knows. Maybe Stephen is quietly not as passionate about being an owner as Jerry is and doesn't want the criticism. It's not like he couldn't sell the team for billions and how much money does a person actually need. But if he wants to be the owner we'll never get rid of the Jones'.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would take a pretty significant scandal to force Jerry to sell, similar to what went down with McMahon (the Jones family will never willingly sell the team).

I'm a big WWE fan and I must say, the quality of the product has increased pretty dramatically since Triple H took over as the head creative director and TKO acquired a majority stake. I imagine a similar thing would happen if the Jones family got the boot and no longer ran the Cowboys like a family grocery store.
Agree on all points

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Jerry might just have to sell the Cowboys so he can pay you know who after his next contract!!
I know you are joking but $65 million a year is chicken feed for Jones. On the other hand, I have disliked the NFL's hard salary cap structure for 30 years come next month.

It is funny. Jones' lack of continual Super Bowl competing or winning success runs side-by-side with the salary cap era but he cannot truthfully blame it for his track record as a general manager. It is a sad kinda funny though. Very sad.

Loso86

Reaction score
And the risk would be what? Not winning? Oh, no.

Bring on the new owner.
Always 2 sides, risk could also becoming whatbthe Commanders use to be or the texans....or lions.....or browns....etc

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CnuxMBO.gif

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
its a one of a kind - there is no amount of money on this earth that I would sell it for if i owned it....once you have a certain ammount of money, I would guess it becomes more about the unique things in life vs the dollars.
Jerry has all the money he could ever want.
The Cowboys get him attention, and that is priceless.
He will own them to his grave.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or better... much better.

Life.
Yeah,

but there's no guarantee we've seen teams change states they've changed names they've had three first round picks for three straight years they finish 0-16 one in 15 it's still haven't reached the promised land I don't think there's any Houston teams that's ever won a championship in football and yet we're rewarding their team for winning a playoff game and having a rookie quarterback play really well I'm pretty sure we already have that here Prescott played every bit as good as a rookie and he deserves better from the defense and he would have had a second round appearance as well he was rookie of the year I get tired of hearing all the naysayers it is no guarantee there have been teams that have changed coaches GM's ownerships and it's still not won a damn thing not more than Jerry has show me those 3 championships in 33 years it needs to be looked at like that not looked at like it's been 28 years since he's won a championship because it's also been that long for many other teams and there's not even waiting on number six like we are...​

The grass is not always greener people want change for the sake of change without even taking a single thought that it could be far worse we could be that team scraping for eight wins and never making the playoffs we're making the playoffs once every four or five years versus three straight years no one's saying we should settle for what's been going on with the cry like we're part of like some kind of really bad group of NFL teams that don't win that is far from the truth... Finishing in the top six may not be where we want to finish but it's a lot better than finishing in the bottom 20.... That could happen maybe you guys want to win the draft maybe you guys want to have so much money on the cap that you can play harder in free agency but there's no guarantees again I've seen teams with multiple first round picks every year changing GM's coaches and still have to go out and pay a quarterback like say Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson ,or Aaron Rodgers and still not make their goals...

I prefer to at least be relative and winning at least getting into the playoffs versus having to go through so many bad years waiting on just getting back to that spot cause that's the case here how many steps backwards and then how many years before we're back into the second round of the playoffs again??​
Since there's no guarantees, I'm going to go ahead and take what we have here and hope that it hits soon right now we have a product that at least we're in the playoffs and have a shot you never know when that door is going to get busted open we're going to finally get a little luck and it's all going to come together, that's not going to happen starting over...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah,

but there's no guarantee we've seen teams change states they've changed names they've had three first round picks for three straight years they finish 0-16 one in 15 it's still haven't reached the promised land I don't think there's any Houston teams that's ever won a championship in football and yet we're rewarding their team for winning a playoff game and having a rookie quarterback play really well I'm pretty sure we already have that here Prescott played every bit as good as a rookie and he deserves better from the defense and he would have had a second round appearance as well he was rookie of the year I get tired of hearing all the naysayers it is no guarantee there have been teams that have changed coaches GM's ownerships and it's still not won a damn thing not more than Jerry has show me those 3 championships in 33 years it needs to be looked at like that not looked at like it's been 28 years since he's won a championship because it's also been that long for many other teams and there's not even waiting on number six like we are...​

The grass is not always greener people want change for the sake of change without even taking a single thought that it could be far worse we could be that team scraping for eight wins and never making the playoffs we're making the playoffs once every four or five years versus three straight years no one's saying we should settle for what's been going on with the cry like we're part of like some kind of really bad group of NFL teams that don't win that is far from the truth... Finishing in the top six may not be where we want to finish but it's a lot better than finishing in the bottom 20.... That could happen maybe you guys want to win the draft maybe you guys want to have so much money on the cap that you can play harder in free agency but there's no guarantees again I've seen teams with multiple first round picks every year changing GM's coaches and still have to go out and pay a quarterback like say Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson ,or Aaron Rodgers and still not make their goals...

I prefer to at least be relative and winning at least getting into the playoffs versus having to go through so many bad years waiting on just getting back to that spot cause that's the case here how many steps backwards and then how many years before we're back into the second round of the playoffs again??​
Since there's no guarantees, I'm going to go ahead and take what we have here and hope that it hits soon right now we have a product that at least we're in the playoffs and have a shot you never know when that door is going to get busted open we're going to finally get a little luck and it's all going to come together, that's not going to happen starting over...
That is your choice. No one else is required to accept your choice.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Mike Fisher's manufactured outrage is priceless

The people connected to local Cowboys media and this team are all dutiful bootlickers

Their real fear is that Jerry actually sells the team and they may not have cart blanche access in exchange for towing the company line in their coverage

If Jerry sells the team they might actually have to become legitimate reporters instead of unofficial Jones and Cowboys PR shills

jblaze2004

Reaction score
99% that Jerry would never sell team .....

But I never thought Vince McMahon would sell the WWE either ....... and he did.
This is true. But I don't see Jerry selling his cash cow, def not in 2 years.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lol. Jerry is never selling this team. This will passed onto the Jones family hiers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That is your choice. No one else is required to accept your choice.
Nor is anybody coming from the time traveling futures to tell us how things could change for the best just by simply making changes to appease the fanbase if somebody was to come tell Jerry if he just did this or that and gave him a blueprint with some proof from the future he would do it but since there is no guarantees and there is no proof then you wishing for new ownership new GM and everything to change I'm telling you the odds are it gets worse before it gets better and a lot worse sometimes...

But hey this fan base likes suffering so they rather win the draft and win in free agency didn't have a shot at least and consistency in winning the last three years... That's right I'll take that over the complete unknown with there's no guarantees because no one's shown us in the NFL that if you change zip codes or change ownerships or change the ends it automatically just gets better

but guess what when it does happen, I follow the star so whoever's the owner, the quarterback, or the GM.... I do not add stipulations and conditions to my fandom. its sport its entrainment, nothing, i say or protest with will change anything., a total waste of energy....for me this is new year reset i go y2y only discus games and happening around the team.

FYI those conditions will never be met, why demand them, easy go cheer for another TEAM.

I will always be the same fan as ive always been and am right now, we have what we have, it's not changing anytime soon. so, if you can't accept reality, like what's going on in the real time in the real world that keep your head in the clouds wishing for something that's most likely not possible and that has no guarantees versus just be a fan...​

These little Internet protests and all the whining complaining is not going to do a single thing except what let you vent,

so you can have some therapy? I mean that's what these posts have become this place is about 75% anti-cowboy after every playoff loss it is supposed to be a Cowboys fan page,

where yes we're allowed to be upset and disappointed but some of the stuff said in here is ridiculous and this is not the proper place to get that kind of therapy, that would be something you would seek a true professional and that professional is probably going to tell you if this is something that gives you that much stress it disappoints you that much and that often they would tell you to stop doing it!!

HMM ,

don't you all say the same thing about Jerry Jones you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to change that would be the fan base as well if this is something you think that's going to keep going on why don't you just change on who you cheer for why don't you just move on to a different team and I bet they can satisfy you 100% of the time as well....​

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Jerry is not selling this team, it‘s literally a family heirloom.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There are plenty of billionaires on the Fortune 100 list that you've never heard of before. The Cowboys are what separates Jerry Jones from say, Donald Bren (who owns like half the apartment blocks in southern California).

The Cowboys aren't just a business for Jerry, they're an eyeball magnet that grabs him the kind of fame and attention that he couldn't get anywhere else. Say he sells the Cowboys for $10 billion - there's nothing he could buy with that money that would keep him as a household name.

He will never sell, and I haven't seen any indication that Stephen would sell either.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Jerry is never selling this team. This will passed onto the Jones family hiers.
I wonder if Jones' kids will do to the franchise, what Sam Walton's kids did to Walmart?

Walton's kids have greatly expanded the financial growth of the company. However, the 'customer is always right' company philosophy, founded by their father, eroded badly after his passing.