Fisher: Jerry Jones Will Sell Dallas Cowboys in Next 2 Years Claims Shameful FOX Sports Report

conner01

Reaction score
There's no way that John Stephen Jones doesn't own this team one day.
Stephen isn’t selling. It will be the grandkids or great grandkids who sell if not even longer. It’s a cash cow and only getting more valuable every year.

conner01

Reaction score
I wonder if Jones' kids will do to the franchise, what Sam Walton's kids did to Walmart?

Walton's kids have greatly expanded the financial growth of the company. However, the 'customer is always right' company philosophy, founded by their father, eroded badly after his passing.
The Walton’s changed it for the shareholders best interest while Sam cared about the customers best interest. Stephen is more like the Walton kids than like Sam lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah,

but there's no guarantee we've seen teams change states they've changed names they've had three first round picks for three straight years they finish 0-16 one in 15 it's still haven't reached the promised land I don't think there's any Houston teams that's ever won a championship in football and yet we're rewarding their team for winning a playoff game and having a rookie quarterback play really well I'm pretty sure we already have that here Prescott played every bit as good as a rookie and he deserves better from the defense and he would have had a second round appearance as well he was rookie of the year I get tired of hearing all the naysayers it is no guarantee there have been teams that have changed coaches GM's ownerships and it's still not won a damn thing not more than Jerry has show me those 3 championships in 33 years it needs to be looked at like that not looked at like it's been 28 years since he's won a championship because it's also been that long for many other teams and there's not even waiting on number six like we are...​

The grass is not always greener people want change for the sake of change without even taking a single thought that it could be far worse we could be that team scraping for eight wins and never making the playoffs we're making the playoffs once every four or five years versus three straight years no one's saying we should settle for what's been going on with the cry like we're part of like some kind of really bad group of NFL teams that don't win that is far from the truth... Finishing in the top six may not be where we want to finish but it's a lot better than finishing in the bottom 20.... That could happen maybe you guys want to win the draft maybe you guys want to have so much money on the cap that you can play harder in free agency but there's no guarantees again I've seen teams with multiple first round picks every year changing GM's coaches and still have to go out and pay a quarterback like say Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson ,or Aaron Rodgers and still not make their goals...

I prefer to at least be relative and winning at least getting into the playoffs versus having to go through so many bad years waiting on just getting back to that spot cause that's the case here how many steps backwards and then how many years before we're back into the second round of the playoffs again??​
Since there's no guarantees, I'm going to go ahead and take what we have here and hope that it hits soon right now we have a product that at least we're in the playoffs and have a shot you never know when that door is going to get busted open we're going to finally get a little luck and it's all going to come together, that's not going to happen starting over...
War and Peace manuscript again. This poster was vaccinated with Phonograph needle!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HMM ,

don't you all say the same thing about Jerry Jones you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to change that would be the fan base as well if this is something you think that's going to keep going on why don't you just change on who you cheer for why don't you just move on to a different team and I bet they can satisfy you 100% of the time as well....​
Incorrect. I create posts concerning Jerry Jones to vent my inner frustration with the man's management.

I do not expect him to change. My posts reflect that.

I do not expect the fanbase to change. That is an impossibility.

I root for the franchise. Not Jerry Jones. He acquired the franchise many years after I became a Dallas Cowboys fan. He will not prevent me from continuing to root for a team that could accomplish more without his direct managerial oversight.

You are much like I was once, both here and on The-Site-That-Shalt-Not-Be-Named-On-CowboysZone. I used to write long diatribes about fanhood but with adequate punctuation. I used to tell fellow members they should take it or leave it as far as the franchise is concerned.

Then I had an epiphany. CowboysZone, and fansites like it, are not enforcement centers of one person views. They serve a basic purpose. They are an avenue of relieving inner frustration for what people perceive the franchise is not doing well or not doing at all. That is a good thing because stress in any form is not healthy for human beings. Simply put, this site is a stress reliever.

Now, it is true that some people carry more stress than others. It does not bother me if you believe my stress concerning Jones' inadequacy as a general manager is exceptional. You, like everyone else, is entitled to your opinion.

What will not happen is anyone else, including myself, following your suggestions of what you think is appropriate that they do. It has never happened before. It will never happen in the future. The funny truth about the internet is that very few individuals hold any authority over others on how they use it. And I can assure you of one thing. Neither you nor I have that authority.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Misleading title- Do you guys actually read the things you link? Fisher, as bad as he is, isn’t saying this. Craig carton is and fish is just parroting him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Misleading title- Do you guys actually read the things you link? Fisher, as bad as he is, isn’t saying this. Craig carton is and fish is just parroting him.
The thread title is a copy of Fisher's title for his article. His title states what you described (e.g., "Claims Shameful FOX Sports Report"). How is the title misleading?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Incorrect. I create posts concerning Jerry Jones to vent my inner frustration with the man's management.

I do not expect him to change. My posts reflect that.

I do not expect the fanbase to change. That is an impossibility.

I root for the franchise. Not Jerry Jones. He acquired the franchise many years after I became a Dallas Cowboys fan. He will not prevent me from continuing to root for a team that could accomplish more without his direct managerial oversight.

You are much like I was once, both here and on The-Site-That-Shalt-Not-Be-Named-On-CowboysZone. I used to write long diatribes about fanhood but with adequate punctuation. I used to tell fellow members they should take it or leave it as far as the franchise is concerned.

Then I had an epiphany. CowboysZone, and fansites like it, are not enforcement centers of one person views. They serve a basic purpose. They are an avenue of relieving inner frustration for what people perceive the franchise is not doing well or not doing at all. That is a good thing because stress in any form is not healthy for human beings. Simply put, this site is a stress reliever.

Now, it is true that some people carry more stress than others. It does not bother me if you believe my stress concerning Jones' inadequacy as a general manager is exceptional. You, like everyone else, is entitled to your opinion.

What will not happen is anyone else, including myself, following your suggestions of what you think is appropriate that they do. It has never happened before. It will never happen in the future. The funny truth about the internet is that very few individuals hold any authority over others on how they use it. And I can assure you of one thing. Neither you nor I have that authority.
I came from that same place the site cannot be named I had over 60,000 posts there as well when it shut down is when I came here and had to start all over but they used to be like me thing that's on you I've always been the same fan since 1980 as I am now the only changes we have far more more places to go discuss this stuff then we used to have back then way back then I had to get the newspaper out and look for the stats look at all the comments there was none of this we'd have to deal with any of this we just listened to the sports reporters make comments and that was that...

Now people feel the need to vent and say things that will make zero difference and have the Dallas Cowboys play next year what the roster is gonna be like who the owner is who the GM is and who the quarterback is is not gonna change....​
And in my opinion there needs to be more balance in here right now it's about 75% angry fans that 25% somehow needs a voice and somehow be the voice of reason and somehow try to level this thing out a little bit because we are a fan of the team it didn't sound like it I feel like I'm walking into a low rent area Philadelphia wearing a Cowboys jersey and a Cowboys hat at midnight on Friday...​

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The thread title is a copy of Fisher's title for his article. His title states what you described (e.g., "Claims Shameful FOX Sports Report"). How is the title misleading?
When you have fisher in the header it makes it look like fishers reporting that which immediately is going inspire “it’s fish” replies etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I came from that same place the site cannot be named I had over 60,000 posts there as well when it shut down is when I came here and had to start all over but they used to be like me thing that's on you I've always been the same fan since 1980 as I am now the only changes we have far more more places to go discuss this stuff then we used to have back then way back then I had to get the newspaper out and look for the stats look at all the comments there was none of this we'd have to deal with any of this we just listened to the sports reporters make comments and that was that...

Now people feel the need to vent and say things that will make zero difference and have the Dallas Cowboys play next year what the roster is gonna be like who the owner is who the GM is and who the quarterback is is not gonna change....​
And in my opinion there needs to be more balance in here right now it's about 75% angry fans that 25% somehow needs a voice and somehow be the voice of reason and somehow try to level this thing out a little bit because we are a fan of the team it didn't sound like it I feel like I'm walking into a low rent area Philadelphia wearing a Cowboys jersey and a Cowboys hat at midnight on Friday...​
Cool.

Mark

Reaction score
The Joneses may as well sell it...they haven't done anything with it in three decades.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you have fisher in the header it makes it look like fishers reporting that which immediately is going inspire “it’s fish” replies etc.
??? The thread and article title literally states:

Fisher: Jerry Jones Will Sell Dallas Cowboys in Next 2 Years Claims Shameful FOX Sports Report​

That literally reads as Fisher saying a FOX report claims Jones will sell the franchise. It is on the reader to comprehend something so straight forward. It is only misleading if, as you stated, the reader only sees Fish's name and is instantly blinded a millisecond later.

Mark

Reaction score
what dont you like about mike fisher?
Where do you start?

He rails on the Cowboys players for building their "53 brands," yet does so more energetically than any of them. That is, if you can sit through the first few minutes of any of his podcasts.

I put his YT vids on at night to fall asleep.