News: Fisher: Jerry Plans 'Home-Run Hire' at Coach, 'Swing For Fences' - Anonymous NFL Owner

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, but still McCarthey is on his final year and should be able to hire his guy. Normal run organizations have HCs that put together their own staffs. Not a GM who thinks he’s the HC….
First of all you're making the assumption that Jerry Jones isn't consulting Mike McCarthy that's the first problem in here y'all make these wild assumptions so you can pick on Jerry and second of all we've seen this story with Mike Nolan before we made that change with Kellen Moore to save Mike McCarthy's job this year so if Jerry decides he's gonna pick a guy that's possibly the next head coach as a defensive coordinator then that is his job as a GM and an owner and it's not dysfunctional in this case because Mike McCarthy's on a one year prove it deal if he gets a new deal next year it wants to change the defensive coordinator he can't right now we are in flux.... I don't call it dysfunctional I call it something that needs to be done and we need to get the best choice possible and how do you know Mike McCarthy's not on board with it all we all thought he was stuck with Kellen Moore and that was never true he actually convinced Kellen Moore to not take the college hire that he was already prepared to do he actually had a meeting and brought Kellen Moore back that is the truth but you all think that he was forced upon Mike McCarthy and that was never true...

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I suspect it will be Campo. When MM's contract ends Dave slides right into the HC position, and keeps it all in the family.

That's how you go deep to centre field.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Did you already forget the Mike Nolan year?
Jerry’s plan worked perfectly. Hire someone who isn’t qualified to be the HC. Then let the idiot HC hire a DC and watch it fail.
Then Jerry says, see that’s what happens when you allow the HC to hire the staff. So JJ goes back to hiring the assistants. Bravo Jerry, bravo.

Aven8

Reaction score
Can’t wait to hire some old coach that will get made to look like a fool against the younger more innovative minds that will abuse their stubborn defenses that can’t adjust.
It is odd the trend is for young coaches and we’re bringing in guys over 60 years old. Jerry and Stephen I gather can relate to them more….

Brax

Reaction score
Question: When whoever is hired as the new defensive coordinator here, who will make the announcement? Mac or Jerry?

If I was betting, I would predict Jerry making some kind of an “all in” statement/presser. So instead of Mike McCarthy talking about his new defensive coordinator (as all other NFL teams would do it) it will be Jerry talking about “his“ new defensive coordinator. #dysfunctionjunction
Of course Jerry will announce it, it’s his pick, MM does not have the authority to hire who he wants only to say “it’s a great hire, I told Jerry that at the last sleep-over “

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
It is odd the trend is for young coaches and we’re bringing in guys over 60 years old. Jerry and Stephen I gather can relate to them more….
McCarthy mentioned that he speaks with Jerry every Tuesday and they have 'productive' conversations - think Jerry wants to have meetings with a 36 year old Mike McDonald, as an example? I doubt it.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
First of all you're making the assumption that Jerry Jones isn't consulting Mike McCarthy that's the first problem in here y'all make these wild assumptions so you can pick on Jerry and second of all we've seen this story with Mike Nolan before we made that change with Kellen Moore to save Mike McCarthy's job this year so if Jerry decides he's gonna pick a guy that's possibly the next head coach as a defensive coordinator then that is his job as a GM and an owner and it's not dysfunctional in this case because Mike McCarthy's on a one year prove it deal if he gets a new deal next year it wants to change the defensive coordinator he can't right now we are in flux.... I don't call it dysfunctional I call it something that needs to be done and we need to get the best choice possible and how do you know Mike McCarthy's not on board with it all we all thought he was stuck with Kellen Moore and that was never true he actually convinced Kellen Moore to not take the college hire that he was already prepared to do he actually had a meeting and brought Kellen Moore back that is the truth but you all think that he was forced upon Mike McCarthy and that was never true...
You’ve been a fan how long? And you really believe this horse hockey you just posted?