Twitter: Fisher On Claiborne

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have not seen any corroboration or anything myself in the press, but a couple of people here said that Carr was rumored to be holding out for $7-8MM per year.

If that's true (and I really doubt it), it sure would explain why there is no interest in him.

After taking his pay-cut, that would be a weird stance by him. I don't see it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have not seen any corroboration or anything myself in the press, but a couple of people here said that Carr was rumored to be holding out for $7-8MM per year.

If that's true (and I really doubt it), it sure would explain why there is no interest in him.
He is a 4 to 5 million a year guy. Thats what middling CB's get these days

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Mo on another one year deal or Carr on a 3 year, 12-15 million deal will go a long ways towards buying them time on the defensive side of the ball.

This would be absolutely amazing. It will allow us to focus beyond the secondary (FS/CB to be specific), and target DE and SS in the higher rounds (and LB, even).

I want this so badly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This would be absolutely amazing. It will allow us to focus beyond the secondary (FS/CB to be specific), and target DE and SS in the higher rounds (and LB, even).

I want this so badly.
Dont be shocked if CB is still on the docket even if we resign both. Scan and Carr are both over 30 and Claiborne is brittle. We still need furture starters

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
His 6-8 game contribution early in the season will be nice.
That's why he doesn't make the big bucks. In a 16 game season....every game feels close to a must win. They count the same in September as they do in December.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I'd give him a Sean Lee deal. May even make it a multiple year one, but he would get paid based on games played.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Honestly, Claiborne is the only player I'd like to see back because he's our only free agent who is better than a JAG and whose departure would leave us at a position of need.