Twitter: Fisher On Claiborne

negativecreep

Reaction score

I would think if we can get him back cheap, it would hurt our defense not to. I just want to see him stay healthy. I think he's pretty fired up and wants to show how talented he is and he's getting more confident and tackling better. His first few years he seemed a bit intimidated and showed what I thought was the pressure getting to him. Rooting for him wherever he goes, but I'd like him to stick around.

Reactions: CWR

Sydla

Reaction score
He started every game for the Eagles last season and had 55 tackles, one interception and 11 pass breakups (that would have led Dallas)... why all the Carroll hate? I see this as a solid signing that allows flexibility for the draft.

He was picked on most of the season.

The Eagles are desperate for CB help and they didn't even bother to entertain resigning him.

He was roundly criticized by most of the analysts up here for shoddy play.

He made 2MM last year and we gave him a raise. LOL.

lukeduke

Reaction score

The Eagles are desperate for CB help and they didn't even bother to entertain resigning him.

But still managed to have better numbers than any of our DB's...who cares about the money it's not coming out of my pocket.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Those are valid points but they come from a fans perspective without full knowledge of how the team plans to use him. Our scheme is different and Marinelli might see exactly what he wants in a CB from him. We as fans just don't know everything. McClay has been pretty good at bringing in vets that contribute and they went out and quickly got him so they see something they like. I think I'll wait and see how it plays out before getting too upset. If they bring back Mo or Carr and add a CB high in the draft, then he is just depth anyway.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wonder what changed between 2016 and 2014/2015 when he played the position at a much higher level.

I'd have to think something changed in the way the Eagles used him.

OldCoach

Reaction score
Bring him back. Scandrick - Claiborne - Brown - Carroll - draft pick/FA is fine and will allow us to use resources elsewhere.
Now, scratch out Claibornes name and we are screwed. That's what can happen at any time, just like last year.

This is why I'd rather have Carr. Carr has been solid for a while and dependable.

Wish folks would realize it is more difficult to get interceptions in man coverage. Your key is your man and if you are peaking at the qb you get beat. Not everyone can be primetime.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Ravens still monitoring Mo. I'm sure they're waiting for his market to keep falling.

Lutonio

Reaction score
A few things seemed to click for him last year. I'm rooting for him.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Welp, I guess the rest of the league was paying attention. Poor tackling, constantly injured CBs cant name their price.

He was tackling very well and near MVP of defense before getting hurt the first time. I would give him a another 1 year prove it deal. He's more talented than Carroll, and just an inch shorter than the "big" corner.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I thought he was playing lights out in 2016....until he got hurt again. Of course, You can't judge a player by a few games but I thought he was looking good with the potential of a breakout season. However, I know he can't be trusted to last a full season now. It's always something with this guy.

Same with Scandrick but Oscan doesn't get as vilified.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Honestly, Claiborne is the only player I'd like to see back because he's our only free agent who is better than a JAG and whose departure would leave us at a position of need.
Only problem is reliability. Injured every year and this will probably only get worse as he ages. Its time to replace, if possible,and move on from Mo. Too bad...he has talent.