Fisher: Restructuring Dez contract?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read the article but I’m not completely convinced Mike Fischer is a dependably good voice to listen to. I live in the Dallas area and listen to him on the radio occasionally. He works for 105.3 “the Fan”, which is the flagship station of the Cowboys and has a reputation for being beholden to Jerry. Most folks on there never ask Jerry or Stephen anything but softball questions.

Pretty sure what Fischer is saying is correct but I’m still not convinced it’s the best move for the Cowboys. I lean toward cutting Dez post June 1 and saving lots of cap space, signing a FA WR and drafting one as well. I just don’t think Dez at 30 has enough left in his game to justify that kind of money.

Course I’ve been wrong before, lol.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I read the article but I’m not completely convinced Mike Fischer is a dependably good voice to listen to. I live in the Dallas area and listen to him on the radio occasionally. He works for 105.3 “the Fan”, which is the flagship station of the Cowboys and has a reputation for being beholden to Jerry. Most folks on there never ask Jerry or Stephen anything but softball questions.

Pretty sure what Fischer is saying is correct but I’m still not convinced it’s the best move for the Cowboys. I lean toward cutting Dez post June 1 and saving lots of cap space, signing a FA WR and drafting one as well. I just don’t think Dez at 30 has enough left in his game to justify that kind of money.

Course I’ve been wrong before, lol.

Difference in Dallas and NE. Bill would cut him so quick it would make his head swim.
Then go get the next no name WR and make him a top fantasy pick next year.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
For once he makes sense

Should have done it with DWare

Only other option is a trade...... I guarantee that if Dez was cut on Monday he would have multiple suitors lined up to sign him on Tuesday

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think many of us said when they signed him to a big deal - it was not a good decision. He was coming off a contract year. He is so overrated.

kumizi

Reaction score
Night man being oblivious. Of course teams would line up to sign Dez. How many would pay him $15 million per season?

It’s the same reason Belichek traded Seymour, Collins, etc.

It’s a little more complex than is he decent or not. It’s a salary cap sport where a team has limited resources. You have to figure out how to allocate those resources.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but whoever picked him up wouldn’t pay him what he’s getting here.

Take note that nobody has even tried to refute this fact.
:thumbup:

They can say whatever else they want about teams pursuing him after he's cut. Sure they would. Name players always get another chance.

What he wouldn't get is nearly the same bloated salary. Just like no team would touch his contract for a trade.