Fisher: Restructuring Dez contract?

birdwells1

Reaction score
Not true, just look at DeAndre Hopkins in Houston.... he puts up numbers regardless of which horrible QB is playing for the Texans. Andre Johnson was the same way. The reason, IMO, is that they are great route runners, who can get seperation and catch the ball. They are not one trick ponies who have to a perfectly thrown jump ball to make a catch. These two WRs are also not distractions, demanding that the ball be thrown to him, pouting and acting like a baby on the sidelines. Dez's act is getting old, and he should realize that his ranting and raving is not him being passionate, but him thinking that he is the star of the team. He is not and has not been for several years.

I would challenge that Matt Schaub was a better passer that Dak is (right now), and look what DeAndre did in 2016 with bad qbing (78 for 954 and 4tds those stats look familiar). I will give you that Hopkins and DeAndre was/is better than Dez but their stats suffered from bad passers also.

There is no other position on the field that is beholden to another position like the wide receiver to the qb, but no one wants to hear that. The last time Dez had a good passer throwing to him what did he do?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I would challenge that Matt Schaub was a better passer that Dak is (right now), and look what DeAndre did in 2016 with bad qbing (78 for 954 and 4tds those stats look familiar). I will give you that Hopkins and DeAndre was/is better than Dez but their stats suffered from bad passers also.

There is no other position on the field that is beholden to another position like the wide receiver to the qb, but no one wants to hear that. The last time Dez had a good passer throwing to him what did he do?
everyone would agree that JJones is a great receiver and has a very competent QB in MRyan

well over the last 3 years he has the exact number of TDs- 17 that Dez had with Romo, Dak, Weeden, Cassel and KMoore and Julio even played in 8 more games

jay94

Reaction score
I think Dez plays for the Cowboys one way or another in 2018, after that all bets are off, he will be close to that magical 30th birthday when WR's and RB's generally decline, maybe another wasted career here like DWare, Romo, Witten etc

Dez doesn't belong in that same sentence.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It is one thing to struggle dueling with a top corner like Richard Sherman or Josh Norman.

When the likes of Breshaud Breeland showed they could get in his head, it is pretty clear he is not and will never be mentally mature.
Somehow, someway, I'm going to get that like total up where it deserves to be.

Wood

Reaction score
I read the article but I’m not completely convinced Mike Fischer is a dependably good voice to listen to. I live in the Dallas area and listen to him on the radio occasionally. He works for 105.3 “the Fan”, which is the flagship station of the Cowboys and has a reputation for being beholden to Jerry. Most folks on there never ask Jerry or Stephen anything but softball questions.

Pretty sure what Fischer is saying is correct but I’m still not convinced it’s the best move for the Cowboys. I lean toward cutting Dez post June 1 and saving lots of cap space, signing a FA WR and drafting one as well. I just don’t think Dez at 30 has enough left in his game to justify that kind of money.

Course I’ve been wrong before, lol.

Fisher is basically media agent for Dez. Dez gives him exclusives & Fish always paints positive angle for Dez.