Fix Linehan and fix the Cowboys

kskboys

Reaction score
You don’t know me. I don’t quit. It’s not the players, it’s the “system” as someone earlier said. That and the play calling that goes with it.
Yeah, thinking your QB is OK is quitting? That doesn't even make sense!!!!

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to happen. And as I said, he's not the kind of QB Linehan's offenses have worked with in the past.

It's on both of them. But it's on Linehan to work with the guys he's got. Romo's not out there anymore.

Yea I’m just saying I’m not sure what else we can do for the guy. Shoot your hear zeke answer a question and all he says is everybody is going to stack the box. Even the defenses are coming out in public and saying all we gotta do is stop zeke and put the ball in Prescott’s hands.

I’m sure this week we will start the game and try to spread it out early. Hopefully it works. If not we will get blown off the field

Most qb ‘s would love to play a defense that comes up to the line and sells out on the run every play.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Yea I’m just saying I’m not sure what else we can do for the guy. Shoot your hear zeke answer a question and all he says is everybody is going to stack the box. Even the defenses are coming out in public and saying all we gotta do is stop zeke and put the ball in Prescott’s hands.

I’m sure this week we will start the game and try to spread it out early. Hopefully it works. If not we will get blown off the field

Most qb ‘s would love to play a defense that comes up to the line and sells out on the run every play.

I get it. If Dak can't make the throws, at all, it doesn't really matter.

I guess I'm a glass half full guy and I hope a competent OC can scheme to the players strengths.

But, you're right. If Dak can't get it done under any circumstance, it does not matter what an OC does.

I just still think it's on them both. I might be wrong, but I feel like the OC can make the offense more effective for someone like Dak.

FTWayne

Reaction score
How hard is it to implement a new play calling game plan in just one week. We might see a reverse or a bunch of screens but I think that will be about it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You don’t know me. I don’t quit. It’s not the players, it’s the “system” as someone earlier said. That and the play calling that goes with it.

How do you explain the many missed opportunities? The system caused the QB to miss wide open receivers and ignore many others?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
It’s as obvious as the fishing pole in Risen’s hand that the problem with the Cowboys offense is the OC. Not the QB, not the RB, not the TE, not the OL not the WR’s and not the HC. And it’s really not the offense itself but mainly the play calling. Linehan has no grasp of the present and is unable to be bold and aggressive when needed. He just calls the same ole plays. How many predicted the 1st play of the season? All of us. I don’t see any creativity at all in his play calling. I don’t see any plays called to try to take advantage of a rookie CB or safety. Something needs to change there quick.
Disgusting what you are

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know the Cowboys started off the season on a sour note when the whiner police chief is whining after only one game. :laugh:

NO NO Correction here bud ....Not the Cowboys but DAK started once again being his inept self and like last season doomed the rest of the team this past Sunday....lets keep things in the proper perspective.....!!!!

P.S. And until hes benched there will be more DAK-Blood and more Dak-extinctions....

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The way I see it the system they are "attempting" to run harkens back to the 90's championship teams that had dominant running that setup passing. The problem however is that those 90's teams had pretty much a top 10 talented player stacked at every damn position. You don't have that today and even if you manage to get enough talent on your line it doesn't mean you have the depth of talent to support it if one or two go down. It's sheer lunacy to think that you can emulate that today with parity. Instead what you need is for a more fluid offense that makes use of the skillset you have instead of trying to impose your will on teams, you take what they give you - execution, execution and more execution while also playing mistake free football.

catiii

Reaction score
Well, after watching the very well-done video in post #2 exposing the bad throws and mis-reads, perhaps we should try using the HB option play to Beeze in the backfield and let HIM throw it. I reckon he could do no worse!!!! (He was a QB in school and we've run this play once before I think.) Or have him lined up back there with Zeke and Dak in the shotgun and just hike it to Beeze in the first place!

That was an embarrassing performance by Dak once I could see the downfield camera shots and I'm honestly not confident he can change without a major creative scheme and play call change tailored to fit his apparent ineptness. :facepalm:

I'm wondering how many repeats of this it will take to bring out the #2 QB, fire Linehan and Garrett both. They're all partially responsible. Garrett more so than anyone due to his tenure of mediocrity and failing to prepare his team during pre-season. Epic fail. I'm afraid I'll be in the ground before this team makes another SB. Bad management; bad coaching.

Good coaching and a good FO culture can get an average team to play well. It's been done many times other places. Garrett is too busy "resting" his vets on "vet days," failing to play his starters in pre-season to get his team ready, and . ..uhh..I'll stop there. :lmao:
It is most definitely accurate to say it is a "country club" culture. Things need to change this week or Jerry is going to have a conniption fit, as will the fans! We'll start seeing bags over heads in the stands!! :omg:

/rant over

Zman5

Reaction score
JG and crew runs the offense as though we still have Aikman, Irvin, Novacek, Harper, Moose, and Emmitt on the team.
Somebody needs to remind JG our OLine isn't as good as the one from the 90s too.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Yes JG should of gotten Scott fixed when he got him it’s wrong not to get your pet spayed or neutered. JG should be a responsible owner lol. Sorry it’s 6am I can’t sleep and couldn’t resist.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s as obvious as the fishing pole in Risen’s hand that the problem with the Cowboys offense is the OC. Not the QB, not the RB, not the TE, not the OL not the WR’s and not the HC. And it’s really not the offense itself but mainly the play calling. Linehan has no grasp of the present and is unable to be bold and aggressive when needed. He just calls the same ole plays. How many predicted the 1st play of the season? All of us. I don’t see any creativity at all in his play calling. I don’t see any plays called to try to take advantage of a rookie CB or safety. Something needs to change there quick.
The problem with the Cowboys starts in this order.
Jerry
Garrett
Dak
Linehan

Ozdcfan

Reaction score
My wife likes the Cowboys. Unlike me she wasn't born in Dallas but her grandfather was and she's been a Cowboys fan for life like I have. She just didn't really follow football or the rules.

She doesn't quite know football. She watches it because I do and she's become more of a fan since she married me.

SHE called the first play of the game. And then she groaned when she was right.
I said to myself... if they hand this off to the right im going to throw the remote..

I now need a new tv...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I've already said it before in another thread but let me reiterate... If we go 0-4 in this 1st quarter, Jerry will fire Linehan. Watch it happen.

No one believed me when I said Dez wouldn't be playing here this year for 14.5 mil either.

Linehan's seat is full of volcanic lava.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I've already said it before in another thread but let me reiterate... If we go 0-4 in this 1st quarter, Jerry will fire Linehan. Watch it happen.

No one believed me when I said Dez wouldn't be playing here this year for 14.5 mil either.

Linehan's seat is full of volcanic lava.
The sad thing is he should be getting rid of Garrett too!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

I think you're right about Linehan. To my humble perception, I think he's the one in the most trouble and is surely standing on thin ice. In addition to that, despite so many here calling for JG's head (as is justified) Linehan will afford JG the perfect sacrificial goat to give him respite from his share of the blame. Firing Linehan might also give the FO just the salve it needs to give them temporary relief from the heat. ;)

Last edited: