Fix Linehan and fix the Cowboys

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nonsense. We repeatedly ran our receivers in a way that opened up guys in the secondary. Dak just wouldn’t throw the ball more than 10 yards...and when he did he was throwing rug-burners.

That's a really good breakdown. Dak's mechanics are off, he's not seeing the entire field, and to make matters worse Tyron wasn't making his blocks in the running game. Linehan is Linehan, but none of those things were on the OC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whoever thought this recieving Corp by committee would be ok should be fired.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've already said it before in another thread but let me reiterate... If we go 0-4 in this 1st quarter, Jerry will fire Linehan. Watch it happen.

No one believed me when I said Dez wouldn't be playing here this year for 14.5 mil either.

Linehan's seat is full of volcanic lava.

Yep as linehan will become the next "Dak-extinction victim....how more players and coaches will BURN till Jerry man's up to his mistake and sends Dak packing ......

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep as linehan will become the next "Dak-extinction victim....how more players and coaches will BURN till Jerry man's up to his mistake and sends Dak packing ......
I’m not sure anyone is safe except of course Jethro and Son.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m with the anti Linehan crowd.

I just wish someone could/would succinctly explain how other offenses are better and use some examples. So I could better understand.

The predictable part needs no explanation. If we pass on first down which is rare we will NOT pass on 2nd and we will be in a predominant run formation to make it more clear to the opposition.

Sydla

Reaction score
You don’t know me. I don’t quit. It’s not the players, it’s the “system” as someone earlier said. That and the play calling that goes with it.

It's a combo of a few things - the coaching and the QB play - being the most prominent issues. Giving Dak a pass at this point is bizarre.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've already said it before in another thread but let me reiterate... If we go 0-4 in this 1st quarter, Jerry will fire Linehan. Watch it happen.

No one believed me when I said Dez wouldn't be playing here this year for 14.5 mil either.

Linehan's seat is full of volcanic lava.

There is no doubt that Linehan will be made the scapegoat if this season goes sideways due to offensive issues.

And there's little doubt they would then use that act of having to replace the OC as a cover for retaining Garrett for another year.

The Jones family will make sure every possible excuse is exhausted before they have to do what they probably would need to do - replace the head coach.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It’s as obvious as the fishing pole in Risen’s hand that the problem with the Cowboys offense is the OC. Not the QB, not the RB, not the TE, not the OL not the WR’s and not the HC. And it’s really not the offense itself but mainly the play calling. Linehan has no grasp of the present and is unable to be bold and aggressive when needed. He just calls the same ole plays. How many predicted the 1st play of the season? All of us. I don’t see any creativity at all in his play calling. I don’t see any plays called to try to take advantage of a rookie CB or safety. Something needs to change there quick.

Holy crap I agree with you on something. Is this the start of a new and beautiful kinship?

I also think the the issues are higher up the food chain with Garrett and Jerry Jones, the PT Barnum of the NFL.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I noticed last week that our offense (primarily EE) was taking time to celebrate first downs when we were losing in the 4th quarter and wasting time...

I’m not one to nitpick players but that really grinded my gears. You don’t celebrate when you are behind, there needs to be a sense of urgency of returning to the huddle and calling the next play.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Whoever thought this recieving Corp by committee would be ok should be fired.
who knows how the "talent" level of our receiving corp will grade out at the end of the season but if there was even mid level QB play last weekend, the game would have been much different.

For example, a QB like Keenum would have eaten that defensive scheme alive by delivering the ball on time to the correct location. Until we get some competent play at QB (other positions could improve as well), trying to fairly judge the receivers is impossible.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Nothing to see here, folks.

Just need another coordinator replaced. That’ll do to it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s as obvious as the fishing pole in Risen’s hand that the problem with the Cowboys offense is the OC. Not the QB, not the RB, not the TE, not the OL not the WR’s and not the HC. And it’s really not the offense itself but mainly the play calling. Linehan has no grasp of the present and is unable to be bold and aggressive when needed. He just calls the same ole plays. How many predicted the 1st play of the season? All of us. I don’t see any creativity at all in his play calling. I don’t see any plays called to try to take advantage of a rookie CB or safety. Something needs to change there quick.
actually, based on everything I have seen, the problem is the QB. fix the QB and we will be ok. promise.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The coaches built a system and ask the players to execute it. They have no room for adjusting to the players and opponents. It’s the system, and when it doesn’t work, you just have to get better and hope you run it next time.
so they ran the same ole system, that allowed the WRs to be open but its bad because? they didn't run and get open on the routes you thought they should run. correct?