Fixing the trenches still is paramount

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes, but that might not be true this year. Crappy draft class in a number of areas, including iOL.
If we are looking for a starting guard than take one at 26.
There are plenty of prospects in this deep draft at various positions but grab an OG early if we need a starter there immediately.
OGs that can start in this draft are few.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If we are looking for a starting guard than take one at 26.
There are plenty of prospects in this deep draft at various positions but grab an OG early if we need a starter there immediately.
OGs that can start in this draft are few.
Exactly..............dont dick around and end up losing a legit OG starter because you waited too long.

If they want a starting LG, then draft either O'Cyrus or Avala at 26 and be done with it.

That would give you Tyler Smith at LT, O'Cyrus/Avala at LG, Biaddaz at C, Martin at RG, and Tyron Smith at RT....................Steele is the swing as he recovers from injury

This would be an excellent offensive line.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Something to keep your eye on, but if they want to keep him, they will
Take a listen to Joe on Cowboys Blog. He backed you up big time when talking about the Cowboys drafting. Said the Cowboys want another cornerback and said the tight end talk is media driven. Said the Cowboys like Mofi UCLA over Avila as their number 1 guard. Says the Steele talk is bs. The Cowboys want Tyron to be the swing tackle and believe the guard they brought in with free agency can compete at left guard with the draft pick. The big shocker is that he believes McDonald is the Cowboys number 1 target with the 26th pick. Finally said there is no way that Robinson drops in the 20s because it’s a weak draft. Teams are not going to pass on that type of talent.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm digging McClendon Curtis.. IMO, he'd be a great fit in Dallas.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Take a listen to Joe on Cowboys Blog. He backed you up big time when talking about the Cowboys drafting. Said the Cowboys want another cornerback and said the tight end talk is media driven. Said the Cowboys like Mofi UCLA over Avila as their number 1 guard. Says the Steele talk is bs. The Cowboys want Tyron to be the swing tackle and believe the guard they brought in with free agency can compete at left guard with the draft pick. The big shocker is that he believes McDonald is the Cowboys number 1 target with the 26th pick. Finally said there is no way that Robinson drops in the 20s because it’s a weak draft. Teams are not going to pass on that type of talent.
McDonald was my 1st rd pick on my latest mock. When you see Quinn working a player out, there is real interest, like Sam Williams last yr. Have to get out of that DLaw contract soon and this would allow them to do so, same with corner.

garyv

Reaction score
-How far are we away from finishing the OL rebuilding job? Probably one elite guard and a developmental starting guard for when Martin decided to retire. Think the team believes Walesko is their future backup swing tackle. Torrence, Schmitz, Avila fill that elite need, where the latter two offer center versatility.

-DL is a different animal as they need serious help within the interior at both 3 and 0-1 techniques. This position usually has a steep, learning curve unless you are drafting a top 10 prospect. Bender, Dexter offer future help at both spots, where adding another veteran NT makes more sense then drafting one for instant impact.
My feeling in this draft 1st Round and 2nd Round OL and DT we need help in the trenches. In 3rd Round and 4th Round RB and TE. 5th Round to 7th Round LB and CB

baltcowboy

Reaction score
McDonald was my 1st rd pick on my latest mock. When you see Quinn working a player out, there is real interest, like Sam Williams last yr. Have to get out of that DLaw contract soon and this would allow them to do so, same with corner.
The corner prospect was a surprise though. Stevenson Miami. I have not heard a word about him. I will say this the Cowboys YouTubers have been all over McDonald. The media is all over Avila and Kincaid.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The corner prospect was a surprise though. Stevenson Miami. I have not heard a word about him. I will say this the Cowboys YouTubers have been all over McDonald. The media is all over Avila and Kincaid.
McDonald is a climbing prospect. The length, athleticism, and natural pass rushing traits are very real. With that said, he would have a lot of guys in front of him this year to project any real impact. And this team doesn’t typically stash their 1st round picks. So this won‘t be popular everywhere. But it would be a fine selection if that’s where we choose to go.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He has the length Quinn covets, more of a press corner only. McDonald is around a top 40 prospect on many boards, but rushers always get pushed up

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My feeling in this draft 1st Round and 2nd Round OL and DT we need help in the trenches. In 3rd Round and 4th Round RB and TE. 5th Round to 7th Round LB and CB
The value in the trenches might be more on day 2, especially for the DT position

baltcowboy

Reaction score
McDonald is a climbing prospect. The length, athleticism, and natural pass rushing traits are very real. With that said, he would have a lot of guys in front of him this year to project any real impact. And this team doesn’t typically stash their 1st round picks. So this won‘t be popular everywhere. But it would be a fine selection if that’s where we choose to go.
The Cowboys supposedly are concerned about Tank’s health. They feel when Tank was injured it hurt Micah’s production. It seems like the are protecting their defensive meal ticket like Dak with the offense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He has the length Quinn covets, more of a press corner only. McDonald is around a top 40 prospect on many boards, but rushers always get pushed up
Joe specifically says draft nicks rankings are way different then GM rankings. He believes the Cowboys might have to trade up for McDonald. I remember last season how fast the guards went all of them were considered 2nd round prospects by the media. The funny thing is except for Tyler the rest played like second round guys.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The Cowboys supposedly are concerned about Tank’s health. They feel when Tank was injured it hurt Micah’s production. It seems like the are protecting their defensive meal ticket like Dak with the offense.
Williams will really be the guy to watch this year. Does he make a jump to another level ? He would alleviate a lot of the concerns of not having Tank if he’s ever injured.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Williams will really be the guy to watch this year. Does he make a jump to another level ? He would alleviate a lot of the concerns of not having Tank if he’s ever injured.
They supposedly like Williams but you can never have enough pass rushers. I don’t think they worry about the run.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Stevenson has been a big time riser since the Sr Bowl. Showed up there and tested very well for his size.

Could easily see him getting drafted at the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Joe specifically says draft nicks rankings are way different then GM rankings. He believes the Cowboys might have to trade up for McDonald. I remember last season how fast the guards went all of them were considered 2nd round prospects by the media. The funny thing is except for Tyler the rest played like second round guys.
Usually the media scouts catch up with the actual ones after the combine

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Stevenson has been a big time riser since the Sr Bowl. Showed up there and tested very well for his size.

Well according to Joe the Cowboys are drafting the way you want them too. I am starting to believe the Cowboys draft show is smoke screen. Especially the Broaddus crap.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Think he should be available when we pick in rd 2, Forbes is the one you would have to take in rd 1, early rd 2

cnuball21

Reaction score
Think he should be available when we pick in rd 2, Forbes is the one you would have to take in rd 1, early rd 2
I’d be very surprised if he was…CBs that are 6’ with 32 ch arms that run a 4.4 usually go off the board.

More of a press man CB though so not sure what the team thinks of him since we are so zone heavy.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Well according to Joe the Cowboys are drafting the way you want them too. I am starting to believe the Cowboys draft show is smoke screen. Especially the Broaddus crap.
Who is Joe? And do you mean draft a CB fairly early?