Fixing the trenches still is paramount

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Who is Joe? And do you mean draft a CB fairly early?
Joe is from Cowboys blog. Said the Cowboys would trade for Cooks instead of signing OBJ the day before the trade happened. Has a connection inside the Star. Joe is not perfect but he seems to understand the Cowboys philosophy. I used to think you were Joe because I think he comes on the message board from time to time. He said the Cowboys want McDonald at 26 because they think when Tank was hurt last season it effected Parsons. Said the Cowboys have no plans to waste an early pick on a running back but might go guard if the board is fleeced.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Joe is from Cowboys blog. Said the Cowboys would trade for Cooks instead of signing OBJ the day before the trade happened. Has a connection inside the Star. Joe is not perfect but he seems to understand the Cowboys philosophy. I used to think you were Joe because I think he comes on the message board from time to time. He said the Cowboys want McDonald at 26 because they think when Tank was hurt last season it effected Parsons. Said the Cowboys have no plans to waste an early pick on a running back but might go guard if the board is fleeced.
Cool, what’s the link to the site he writes for? I’ll check it out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just keep in mind Churna is on the level as Farnoik, but even close to an average starter like McGovern, he wii be exposed if he needs to start for an extended period. If they are going to keep Tyler at LT, they are going need a legitimate starter at left guard. There are just a few in this class and probably have to be addressed by the end of day 2
I would say your running out of time quickly finding a starting LG than, 26 is prime fishing, but declines quickly, not exactly a deep starting G draft.
Torrence and Wild Man Mauch sitting at top, how much of a decline after that tier is always debateable.
Will tell you one thing, I would love to have this insane mansquatch in the trenches

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I would say your running out of time quickly finding a starting LG than, 26 is prime fishing, but declines quickly, not exactly a deep starting G draft.
Torrence and Wild Man Mauch sitting at top, how much of a decline after that tier is always debateable.
Will tell you one thing, I would love to have this insane mansquatch in the trenches

Keep in mind, most centers can also play guard, Cowboys are also known to kick college tackles inside, Bergeron, is one if those

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I’d be very surprised if he was…CBs that are 6’ with 32 ch arms that run a 4.4 usually go off the board.

More of a press man CB though so not sure what the team thinks of him since we are so zone heavy.
Seen him rated in the mid 60’s by most. Hearing Forbes is definitely going in rd 1, both there still could be some real good options at 58, Rush is another one that had great traits

cnuball21

Reaction score
Seen him rated in the mid 60’s by most. Hearing Forbes is definitely going in rd 1, both there still could be some real good options at 58, Rush is another one that had great traits
The consensus big board has him at 61 so that sounds about right. Early / mid 2nd probably more realistic for a CB hungry team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The consensus big board has him at 61 so that sounds about right. Early / mid 2nd probably more realistic for a CB hungry team.
Corner position is so deep, it's going to be what flavor of ice cream do you want. Him, Rush, Brents, Cam Smith and who knows if a Ringo falls. There is going to be value at 58, just not sure who if any makes it to 90. Definitely believe both Banks/Forbes are in play at 26. Still believe this is a priority need the team wants to fill this year.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I guarantee you if Robinson is sitting there available he will almost certainly be the pick.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I guarantee you if Robinson is sitting there available he will almost certainly be the pick.
That is the point of him saying Robinson won’t be there. A top 5 clean prospect is not falling to 26. Somebody will pick him.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
That is the point of him saying Robinson won’t be there. A top 5 clean prospect is not falling to 26. Somebody will pick him.
I don’t expect him to fall, but it wouldn’t at all surprise me. I just hope folks realize that there is almost 0 chance of us passing on the player if he’s there. Some here won’t like it, but that’s how it will be.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t expect him to fall, but it wouldn’t at all surprise me. I just hope folks realize that there is almost 0 chance of us passing on the player if he’s there. Some here won’t like it, but that’s how it will be.
I think Jerry might want him for marketing not sure about the football guys who will help make decision. We already have a running back that makes 10 million and have other holes. If Robinson is still around at the back half of the draft something is up with him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys will draft a plug n play LG, it's what they do best. This team needs better OGs as they have plenty depth at OT: Smith, Smith, Steele, Waletzko and Ball.

At OG: Martin and Farniok. IOL is a blinking red light!

Cowboys probably should trade back if they could.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think Jerry might want him for marketing not sure about the football guys who will help make decision. We already have a running back that makes 10 million and have other holes. If Robinson is still around at the back half of the draft something is up with him.
Robinson is an elite prospect for a team that wants to run the football and cut a RB that accounted for over 800 rushing yards. He may fall just because teams in the top 20 don’t want to take a RB. But I think there is no question at 26 he would be a no brainer.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Take a listen to Joe on Cowboys Blog. He backed you up big time when talking about the Cowboys drafting. Said the Cowboys want another cornerback and said the tight end talk is media driven. Said the Cowboys like Mofi UCLA over Avila as their number 1 guard. Says the Steele talk is bs. The Cowboys want Tyron to be the swing tackle and believe the guard they brought in with free agency can compete at left guard with the draft pick. The big shocker is that he believes McDonald is the Cowboys number 1 target with the 26th pick. Finally said there is no way that Robinson drops in the 20s because it’s a weak draft. Teams are not going to pass on that type of talent.
I just saw the podcast, have watched him in the past. Nothing surprising except Mafi a 1st/2nd rd pick? That seems crazy based on the media scouts. When I watched Avilia last week, I also noticed, he really isn't a great run blocker, but is good in pass protection, Mafi appears to be that power guard who can move people in the run game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Still would love to have Forbes… particularly after picking up Gilmore.

Forbes has oodles of natural instincts and ball skills. Right now, today, if you’re talking about playing cornerback, Forbes is exactly what teams would hope to eventually make Stevenson, Smith, Banks, etc. into.

He is a great CB and difficult to throw against. He would play this year but not be forced to start, and he could have over a year to add a little weight… his only real weakness.

The team may not pick him… but I’m going to continue to pound the table for him until after the draft.

NotForLong

Reaction score
If we are looking for a starting guard than take one at 26.
There are plenty of prospects in this deep draft at various positions but grab an OG early if we need a starter there immediately.
OGs that can start in this draft are few.
I am with you . . . we could even trade down a few spots and still grab one

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I just saw the podcast, have watched him in the past. Nothing surprising except Mafi a 1st/2nd rd pick? That seems crazy based on the media scouts. When I watched Avilia last week, I also noticed, he really isn't a great run blocker, but is good in pass protection, Mafi appears to be that power guard who can move people in the run game.
I like Mafi. You want power on your IOL? Mafi is for you. He is aggressive and has a bull in a China shop mentality. I like that he started out initially as a DL because once you do that and then switch to OL… you have a very good idea of what is going on down in the trenches on each play.

He does fit the Tyler Smith profile, at least mentally and power wise. Mafi tries to bury you, just like Smith.

I’m not sure how high you’d have to pick him, but he’s a guy I’d love to have on the team to learn under Solari.

If Mafi keeps his pad level down… he will move just about anybody.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think they will take Mafi in round one but I could see that they like him. The Cowboys have their own board and use the media to spread false information. Joe has been good through the years with his sources. The year we drafted CeeDee heard we really liked Terrell. It’s funny that Atlanta drafted him before us. I think his information comes from a high ranking college scout. Joe is not a big fan of Tyron so his information about him being the swing tack is probably a little biased.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Corner position is so deep, it's going to be what flavor of ice cream do you want. Him, Rush, Brents, Cam Smith and who knows if a Ringo falls. There is going to be value at 58, just not sure who if any makes it to 90. Definitely believe both Banks/Forbes are in play at 26. Still believe this is a priority need the team wants to fill this year.
Yea if a man heavy team wants him they’ll get him.

We’re more zone heavy so maybe not the best fit but I do like him.