Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d take Flacco

tenor.gif

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Since he's prolly the best they could've gotten via trade, good move. As long as they're not giving up more than a 3rd, that is.

Quality QB's are hard to find. Maybe the Broncs can figure out what's wrong w/ Flacco and fix him. Since they have no one else, might as well try this.

That's what I think. I believe Elway believes he understands Flaccos strengths and weaknesses and thinks he'll be able to play to his strengths and be successful. Maybe he can.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That's what I think. I believe Elway believes he understands Flaccos strengths and weaknesses and thinks he'll be able to play to his strengths and be successful. Maybe he can.
Flacco is a the definition of JAG..... look up average in the dictionary and there is Joe

He is maddeningly consistently inconsistent

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Boy they sure do like to bring in average QB's.
That is quite a compliment.

Last five seasons
(of 32 QB with most attempts)
1 Brees 103.0
2 Brady 100.6
3 Ryan 100.6
4 Rodgers 100.5
5 Wilson 99.4
6 Cousins 97.1
7 Roethlisberger 96.1
8 Prescott 95.9
9 Rivers 94.7
10 Smith 94.5

26 Flacco 85.0

aikemirv

Reaction score
Probably a slight upgrade over Keenum, but still...blah.
Some thought he might end up in Jacksonville.
I had read that the team kind of gave him his choice of where to try to be traded to.
It was either that or be cut. At least the Ravens got something out of the deal.

You think so? Keenan showed more in Minnesota in 2017 than I have ever seen from Flacco.

Pape

Reaction score
I loved their draft last year

they drafted a defensive end when they desperately needed a quarter back... whats to love about that?
although phillip lindsay was a nice undrafted pick up, no doubt about it.

EGTuna

Reaction score
I think it's almost a given that Foles ends up in Jacksonville. They hired DeFillipo as OC, and DeFillipo was the Eagles QB coach in 2017. Of course I could be very wrong. If you're Cincy, why not go after Foles? Foles could probably run a McVay offense better than Dalton.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Flacco is a the definition of JAG..... look up average in the dictionary and there is Joe

He is maddeningly consistently inconsistent

I honestly haven't even seen him play in a while. A couple years from now, Elway is either going to look like a genius or like someone who was making desperate moves. I suspect the latter, but we'll see. I'm surprised Paxton Lynch turned out to be a dud. I saw him play in college and thought he would be a lot better in the pros. Seattle just signed him a backup.

DFWJC

Reaction score
they drafted a defensive end when they desperately needed a quarter back... whats to love about that?
although phillip lindsay was a nice undrafted pick up, no doubt about it.
The dug their hole pre-draft by bringing in Keenum...so yes.

Loved their actual draft though
  • Bradley Chubb with the 5th overall pick was steal though..most had him as the draft's best player going in
  • Courtland Sutton in the 2nd was nice too
  • Issac Yiadom will end up starting
  • Desean Hamilton looks like a keeper
  • Josey jewell too
  • Fumaghalli too
  • and as you mentioned, Lindsey was a huge get as an udfa
It wasn't my favorite draft, but was strong, imo.

What QB would you've taken ahead of Chubb?
Rosen or Allen maybe?