Video: Flip-Flopping Cowherd Back on the Cowboys Bandwagon

Zman5

Reaction score
Cowherd has always ranked Dak low on the list of young QBs and did this right after the 2016 season. Heck the video was posted on this board where people were mad he was ranked so low.

He has always ranked Prescott as a “so-so” QB.

Wrong again. He was big on Dak last year and kept saying "He went toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs". He didn't start souring on him until late last year.

Here is Turd calling Dak a franchise QB. The video is from December of 2017.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1112474179986

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wrong again. He was big on Dak last year and kept saying "He went toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs". He didn't start souring on him until late last year.

Here is Turd calling Dak a franchise QB. The video is from December of 2017.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1112474179986

He said just a few weeks ago Dak would get a multi-year deal with the Cowboys.

What are you arguing here? Again, Cowherd hasn’t flip-flopped. He had Dak has having less talent and a lower ceiling to other QBs

What exactly has he flip-flopped on?

Here is talking about two guys from the same draft

He has always stated Dak is a so-so QB. Nothing changed.

The most I’ve seen him praise Dak is when he was tearing down Cam Newton.

Zman5

Reaction score
He said just a few weeks ago Dak would get a multi-year deal with the Cowboys.

What are you arguing here? Again, Cowherd hasn’t flip-flopped. He had Dak has having less talent and a lower ceiling to other QBs

What exactly has he flip-flopped on?

Here is talking about two guys from the same draft

He has always stated Dak is a so-so QB. Nothing changed.

The most I’ve seen him praise Dak is when he was tearing down Cam Newton.

You said Cowher ALWAYS ranked Dak low among young QBs ever since 2016 which is wrong. He has praised him ever since late 2016. Calling Dak a franchise QB is not stating Dak is a so-so QB.

He evn said Dak was better than Cam in December 2016

pansophy

Reaction score
I like Cowherd quite a bit too. I like his presentation and I feel he is pretty knowledgeable (he has a lot of years in that industry). With all that said, he has seemed really flippy floppy lately. Not sure what that is about. I get emotions about things change by any given week, but dang, pick a wagon to hitch to and stick with it.
Cowboys are incredibly inconsistent. How can one not flip flop on them? So many penalties at bad times, some phantom I'll grant you.

The Cowboys are a fast car with a misaligned tire. It can still go fast but the whole car shakes. Hard to have confidence in that kind of play.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Why would anyone pay attention to Cowturd:

PuA8XUw.jpg
o_O

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Cowherd described our first game vs Philly this year as “ not a must win, but a can’t win” for Dallas.

He’s a fraud .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He ranked Dak low after the 2016 season...

This board freaked out over it. You don’t watch much of him do you? I don’t blame you, but you’re just inaccurate here.

I haven't missed a game in forty years. I think I'm as familiar with Dak as anyone and that includes you.

No need to get so arrogant. I just don't happen to share your opinion. That happens to you a lot, I'll bet.

ultron

Reaction score
When did Colin flip flop on the Cowboys? We got blown out and shut out by the Colts and he still had us at #8 (same spot as the previous week) in his top 10. People tend to go way over board on Colin but his show is hands down the best on tv/radio.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Cowherd’s message is for most of the “fans” on this board who are forever pessimistic and seem convinced that 30-16 and two playoff appearances in three seasons qualifies us as a dysfunctional franchise.

ESisback

Reaction score
Cowherd’s message is for most of the “fans” on this board who are forever pessimistic and seem convinced that 30-16 and two playoff appearances in three seasons qualifies us as a dysfunctional franchise.

I noticed we’re the underdogs (yet again!) against the Giants. I get that we’ll probably rest a few guys, and a few others may lose their edge because we already clinched, but what gives? If New England, New Orleans, LA, KC, Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Philly, Green Bay, or the Chargers were 9-7 and playing the Giants, they’d be favored! Wouldn’t they?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I noticed we’re the underdogs (yet again!) against the Giants. I get that we’ll probably rest a few guys, and a few others may lose their edge because we already clinched, but what gives? If New England, New Orleans, LA, KC, Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Philly, Green Bay, or the Chargers were 9-7 and playing the Giants, they’d be favored! Wouldn’t they?

I think it’s based on our prior Week 17 history under Garrett when we’ve already clinched the playoffs, especially 2014 and 2016. The latter was really ugly; Romo throws a beautiful back shoulder fade pass to Dez, his last TD as a Cowboy, then they put Sanchez in and he completely wrecks the game.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
To me, he apparently takes sides with whatever seems popular to the general public at the time. He feathers his own nest well.
I see it differently. He's been very anti Mahomes and Baker Mayfield all season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Cowherd quite a bit too. I like his presentation and I feel he is pretty knowledgeable (he has a lot of years in that industry). With all that said, he has seemed really flippy floppy lately. Not sure what that is about. I get emotions about things change by any given week, but dang, pick a wagon to hitch to and stick with it.

I agree. I think he's one of the better talking heads out there, but it seems like he's been trying too hard to sensationalize things and has flip-flopped pretty drastically lately.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you not put Washington on the dysfunctional list?

I agree that they certainly should be there, but I'd chalk it up to that team being so irrelevant for so long that they're largely forgotten. And I think that's exactly what happened here, he simply forgot about them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowherd has always ranked Dak low on the list of young QBs and did this right after the 2016 season. Heck the video was posted on this board where people were mad he was ranked so low.

He has always ranked Prescott as a “so-so” QB.

Not true. Scout around and you'll find videos where he's talking up Dak as one of the league's top quarterbacks. And showing how his numbers were better than Carson Wentz. He will even admit that he's flip-flopped dramatically on Prescott.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's interesting to me that no one is commenting on the Cowboys being a well-ran organization. Maybe it's because he will probably change his mind about it next week.:laugh:

I'd consider that a tale of two cities. In some ways? The Cowboys are among the best-run teams in the league, and their profile and profitability carries most of the league along with them. I still think it was ridiculous that so few owners stood with Jones last year. He's the guy that makes them all rich, while Goodell drags the NFL through the mud with terrible decisions.

In other ways, they're one of the worst. The owner demands a high profile voice in how everything is run and he makes decisions based on his comfort level and familiarity, which works to the team's detriment.

In total, I'd say it's sometimes the best of times, and the worst of times at others.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I don't think Collin has flipped flopped at all except in the case of Dak. Even with Dak he has always considered his talent to be average. He's just come back to what he thought going into 2016 ... Dak is ok ... a bus driver who needs the team to win games. He never agreed with Troy that the front office needs to be blown up. He's always considered Garrett to be a solid coach.

Give Collin credit for this. Every sportscaster likes to talk about the Cowboys because they know it'll bring in ratings. Some choose to continually bash the Cowboys but Collin dos a more fair handed approach and points out when the Cowboys do well. It's almost ... unusual ... to hear positive things about Cowboys from the national media.