Florio makes my point about contracts/QB Salary Cap?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Never had much respect for Florio and there is a reason his rag is called the Daily Turd.

that said, anyone talking about being underpaid when they have gotten $150 million can kiss my butt
So, you don’t believe players should be paid closer to their pecking order in the league.

And you don’t have a problem with owners, networks and sponsors making billions but you do athletes making hundreds of millions?

gtb1943

Reaction score
So, you don’t believe players should be paid closer to their pecking order in the league.

And you don’t have a problem with owners, networks and sponsors making billions but you do athletes making hundreds of millions?
I have a problem with anyone claiming that making that much money is being underpaid
Show me where anyone thinks anyone else you mentioned is considered underpaid
I feel sorry for people whose whole ego is tied up in money
when you are making that kind of money, you should never complain
look at some who made big bucks and then claim they were held to slave wages

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What? I didn’t mention anything about his current contract negotiation.
You said “Some players do more team friendly deals like Mahomes 10 year deal or Allen’s 6 year deal.” insinuating Dak’s not going to. Hence my comment you have no fricken idea because he hasn’t been extended yet. It’s what you pretend Dak on the fencers do. Try and play both sides depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have a problem with anyone claiming that making that much money is being underpaid
Show me where anyone thinks anyone else you mentioned is considered underpaid
I feel sorry for people whose whole ego is tied up in money
when you are making that kind of money, you should never complain
look at some who made big bucks and then claim they were held to slave wages
Do you believe all entertainers like artist, musicians and actors are over paid?

Why are athletes any different than a rock star?

And none of them are claiming slave wages as you referred to. They simply want to be paid according to what others are with similar talent level.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mike Florio was discussing the fact it is said owners are discussing the possibility of a QB salary cap. I find that to be quite interesting, but he went on to discuss Josh Allens deal that will pay him 45 million this year..... or the deal avgs 45 million. Anyways, he was saying how Allen is vastly "Underpaid." Huh???? Dude signed a 6 year extension and had something like 150 million guaranteed. He signed the deal. His agent j knew it was a 6 year deal which they had to know 3 years down the road his deal would be small compared to some others. In any event, it appears Allen is signed through 2028... and yet Florio is already calling for Allen to go back to the Bills to basically say.... hey yo, you know that 1/4 billion dollar deal I signed a couple years ago? well, its time to up the ante.

That is total BS IMo. 4 more years remaining on his deal and the Bills are supposed to redo the deal? Funny how I just wrote about this very thing and what a joke these contracts are when players want to just redo a "Contract," as soon as others pass their deal up.

Hold firm Bills, hold firm.
This is irrelevant unless Allen is holding out or complaining.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You said “Some players do more team friendly deals like Mahomes 10 year deal or Allen’s 6 year deal.” insinuating Dak’s not going to. Hence my comment you have no fricken idea because he hasn’t been extended yet. It’s what you pretend Dak on the fencers do. Try and play both sides depending on which way the wind is blowing.
No, you made more out of it than I stated. You could have said same thing about the rest of the NFL QB’s I didn’t mention but you assumed I was referring to Dak.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Do you believe all entertainers like artist, musicians and actors are over paid?

Why are athletes any different than a rock star?

And none of them are claiming slave wages as you referred to. They simply want to be paid according to what others are with similar talent level.
IF Taylor Swift thinks she is underpaid, do you agree?
You seem to think that there is no double standard; that everyone gets paid a lot in those industries.
I do have a problem with greed; you clearly do not

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You seem to think that there is no double standard; that everyone gets paid a lot in those industries.
My anger towards greed is for the owners not the employees. In any business .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you have a problem with corporate greed?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fans listen to those whose opinions aligns with theirs.

Some fans believe once these players sign contracts they should remain in shackles.

What they forget is these players often sign longer term contracts to help the team with the Cap. And those contracts can become outdated before their maturity.

I promise you Mahomes will be looking to renegotiate his 10 year deal before it matures which was done to help Cap and spread what was then biggest deal.

But if he waits 10 years he’ll be one of the lowest paid Franchise QB’s . Surely fans don’t believe this should be the case.
You might want to rethink your choice of words.... shackles? Really? We are talking about players making 20 plus million per season and you are comparing them with slavery????/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You might want to rethink your choice of words.... shackles? Really? We are talking about players making 20 plus million per season and you are comparing them with slavery????/
Any limitations on their freedom to pursue their market value fits the description.

I’m not sure why some fans take such issue with how much athletes earn but I’m suspect and why I use such words.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mike Florio was discussing the fact it is said owners are discussing the possibility of a QB salary cap. I find that to be quite interesting, but he went on to discuss Josh Allens deal that will pay him 45 million this year..... or the deal avgs 45 million. Anyways, he was saying how Allen is vastly "Underpaid." Huh???? Dude signed a 6 year extension and had something like 150 million guaranteed. He signed the deal. His agent j knew it was a 6 year deal which they had to know 3 years down the road his deal would be small compared to some others. In any event, it appears Allen is signed through 2028... and yet Florio is already calling for Allen to go back to the Bills to basically say.... hey yo, you know that 1/4 billion dollar deal I signed a couple years ago? well, its time to up the ante.

That is total BS IMo. 4 more years remaining on his deal and the Bills are supposed to redo the deal? Funny how I just wrote about this very thing and what a joke these contracts are when players want to just redo a "Contract," as soon as others pass their deal up.

Hold firm Bills, hold firm.
I agree with you those clowns don't understand the cap and business side of football from behind a MIC they are suggesting crippling teams by having and players do this..,

there's already a cap,

teams have a choice on whether to keep overpaying quarterbacks or any players, or put their foot down and allow some other team to do it.. eventually if you stop handing out ridiculous contracts to certain positions... then you can easily stay within the salary cap restrictions which there aren't very many as we found out,

but This is why I've always said, and this proves my point everyone's saying the Jones family are responsible for setting new market and they're dumb for not paying players early, look no matter what would happen with Prescott back in 19/2020, if he would have signed early he would have been back holding out three years into his deal wanting to be paid with all these other guys are paid...these players and agents are not stupid. Tua just turned down 50!!! Miami needs to just say take it or leave it , don't cave..stop the madness.

Which by the way the Kansas City Chiefs have done this with Patrick Mahomes already it's kind of silent that they do it but they've gone to him and say hey we're just going to bump you a little bit we want to keep you happy because he is the best quarterback in the league and the only one winning rings on a regular basis...​
The Cleveland Browns already set a bad precedent giving Deshaun Watson under suspension who hasn't played well in two to three seasons a guaranteed $250 million contract without him playing a single snap for them , OH same with Wilson and Denver, and now well that's their own fault...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so no, there doesn't need to be a individual players cap teams need to be smarter, and they need to be more steadfast and stop caving and being scared to say no to some of these players demands...Owners are creating this mess.

Because now what it's led to is other positions seeing the imbalance and now instead of players coming in wanting to be top five in their position they want to be the next market setting highest paid non quarterback in the league that's the new trend it's starting with the receivers now and then it's going to the defensive ends this is getting out of control we don't need a specific cap for positions we need smarter and tougher general managers and owners not the keyed to all this nonsense....
They're the ones that are setting the market ,they're the ones who are killing the cap balance, all you have to do is be the trendsetter and say no, this is what we're offering ,it's ridiculous, it's making you rich, take it or leave it and let them walk away and if enough teams see other teams doing it they will do it and maybe finally the salary cap we'll start to have more balance..​

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dak already signed a contract and it wasn't team friendly, and it's exactly why we are having such polarizing Dak debates this offseason. I don't blame the guy for signing the deal he did, and to a large extent this is more a Jerry/Stephen issue than a Dak one, but reality is Dak took these guys to the cleaners in negotiations at every level.

Mahomes/Allen are at bargain prices right now because of the deals they signed right around the same time Dak signed his second contract. Dak at 6+ years instead of 4 at $40M per gives the Cowboys a bargain right now too.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Any limitations on their freedom to pursue their market value fits the description.
It's called a contract, an agreement between two parties. The players have a union and the framework is collectively bargained to the satisfaction of both sides. Then the player contracts are negotiated with the teams under those terms. The players make a fixed percentage of league revenue which is, again, collectively bargained. All of this is known up front.

These are multimillion dollar athletes who make far more in signing bonus of one contract than the average person will make in his lifetime. And if they don't like the terms, they don't have to sign the contract. Simple.

Any even remote conparison to slavery is insane and, frankly, insulting.