Flozell Adams is awful

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
diekrazy;2425253 said:
Ok enough debating about whether he sucked or didn't last night. Someone offer a real solution to fix it. Who can we put at LT that would make an impact immediately?

There is no solution, we haven't prepared anyone to succeed him much less back him up when he's injured. He's easily the best LT on this team, despite his weaknesses, for better or worse.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2425294 said:
Actually, he was pretty dominant last night outside of the penalties.

I thought the Line was dominate as a hole. Other than some penalties like you said the O Line did a stellar job.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425028 said:
Go back and watch the game man.

He was awful and if Romo wasn't playing than your hearing a lot about his man.

At some point he is going to get us killed with his play.

Just go back and watch the game. It was awful and he has been awful.
I have to sort of agree with you. It's time to find a legit RT and move Colombo to the left side, or keep Colombo there, and find a young vibrant LT for years to come, I think we can either match what Flozell brings or come fairly close, maybe even surpass him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Part of the play of the offensive line playing so well:1. Jason Garrett consistently attacked the edges with Marion Barber. It allowed the OL to establish some fluidity.2. Jason Garrett threw plenty of short passes as well and wasn't trying to go completely vertical. This kept the pressure off the line.

links18

Reaction score
Flozell was bad no doubt about it. He didn't give up any sacks, but his man was constantly getting past him, forcing Romo to get rid of the ball early. Unfortunately, Flozell has been wildly inconsistent his entire career. That is not going to change after 10 years in the league. There is nothing we can do about the false starts. That also is not going to change after 10 years in the league. He is what he is and we are going to sink or swim with him the rest of the year. :eek:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not like Romo was running for his life last night. The entire O-line was something to brag about, including Flo. Supposedly the Skins don't have a good pass rush anyway. But the way I see it, our O-line should be given credit for keeping it that way.

khiladi

Reaction score
I have no idea what people are talking about...Marion Barber made his night running at the edges, whether the right side or left side. Especially on the final drive that cemented the game, he was running left all day long.Give props to both Columbo and Adams, at least in the run game...BTW, did you see my man Houck coaching up the OL on the sidelines... Getting down and dirty....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425018 said:
I can deal with the penalties when your playing at a high level but the guy can't block a soul anymore.

I dont know if its the injury or what but Andre Carter ate him up last night.

He continuously was getting beat and holding bigtime after he got beat.

Thankfully his holds were not called.

When ever he actually got his guy blocked Romo would make a play down field through the air.

Kosier was also getting it handed to him too but i'll give him a pass since he hasn't played a lot this year.

If Flozell is to hurt to play than get him off the field because right now he does us no good by playing.

wow...just wow

:rolleyes:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img386.*************/img386/8554/ch51sunnov162008082245pmt4.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dbair1967;2425613 said:
wow...just wow

:rolleyes:

Yeah thats what I said when Andre Carter beat him so bad inside and Flozell got called for Illegal hands to the face because he was so out of position.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425630 said:
Yeah thats what I said when Andre Carter beat him so bad inside and Flozell got called for Illegal hands to the face because he was so out of position.

hmmm that happened on one play.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425630 said:
I think it's pretty safe to say that very few, if any, actually agree with you here.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I was taught that we are the some of all of our parts. Not just the pinky, leg, arm, or etc. Flo played good, no more, no less.

Reaction score
Our first pick in next year's draft has got to be an OT. Obviously, neither of the OTs we drafted in 07, Free & Marten, has stepped up to take the job. There will be a handful of quality OTs to choose from when we pick in the second round....or move up by bundling our extra 4th pick & pick even sooner.

Adams could have been one of the all-time greats, but he's never had the passion to rise to the occasion. He was blessed with size & talent, but very little heart or intelligence. Too bad. Hopefully, JJ will find an OT with both the talent AND passion to wipe people out.

superpunk

Reaction score
Flo was simply amazing last season. He is not playing at that level this season.

But awful is a big stretch.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Flo has no accountability. If he screws up, so what. Until he gets benched for sloppy play, it will continue.

Free and McQ need some playing time. A couple of series at least every game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425659 said:
:confused:

you made it seem as if Romo was under fire the whole game and Flo couldn't block a paper bag.

Romo was getting hurried because Flo's guy was whipping his tail.

I wouldn't say he was under fire the entire night. Flo was just getting beat a lot.

Simple as that. Regardless of the results Flo was getting beat and at some point he is going to cost us bigtime if he doesn't get his game straight.

Whether it be a 15 yard holding penalty, a forced fumble from behind, or getting our Quarterback killed and out for the season.