Flozell Adams is awful

Shadowfax

Reaction score
Carter had two total tackles (one solo tackle) or one more tackle than Santana Moss for the game.:eek: That is what I call dominant!:laugh2:

Washington Tackles
TOT SACKS SOLO
C. Horton 9 0 7
L. Fletcher 9 0 7
L. Landry 8 0 5
R. McIntosh 8 0 5
H. Blades 7 0 5
F. Smoot 7 0 4
D. Evans 5 0 2
C. Rogers 4 0 4
D. Hall 2 0 1
A. Carter 2 0 1
J. Thrash 2 0 1
S. Moss 1 0 1
K. Moore 1 0 1
J. Tryon 1 0 1
C. Wilson 1 0 1
M. Washington 1 0 0
K. Golston 1 0 0
R. Cartwright 1 0 0
C. Griffin 1 0 0
Team 71 0 46

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
hey guys i know the stats dont show it but i have to go with my man catch17 on this one we need to draft an LT next year with our first pick.

flozell has a bum shoulder, bad finger, he has bad ears, bad feet(slow!!!), and he's just plain stupid.

i live in philly and i've been defending him for a while but he looks lost out there.

Im not sure doug free would look much worse out there.

i also blame coaching to a degree because somebody has to light a fire under these guys after they commit these stupid penalties.

you have to pull the trigger sometimes heck even bench the guy for a half if he's gonna keep hurting the team.

this false start business like romo's occasional int's are really going to hurt our momentum one day and can be the reason why we lose in the playoffs.

im not knocking tony just saying we have to try to eliminate those but he played great imo for a guy who's been out and had a new wr in the system.

but flo has to be told to get it together or be benched.

His attitude reminds me of larry allen's late in his career like he's the elder statesman of the o-line and can do virtually what he wants.

i think if he's really hurting that bad with the shoulder and finger over the next two games sit him.

we can make do against san fran and seattle without flo.

they have no real rushers on those lines and it can let you know what you have with doug free.

and flo can be healthy by the pittsburgh and giants game which we will need him to be 100%.

and get this guy a hearing aid or bluetooth or something because playing at pittsburgh its going to be impossible for flo to hear there and he's going to want to beat woodley and harrison to the punch so i see at least 3 false starts there.

i hope im wrong but i think flo is done....no passion, banged up, looks out of shape and slow, deaf = DONE

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425670 said:
Romo was getting hurried because Flo's guy was whipping his tail.

I wouldn't say he was under fire the entire night. Flo was just getting beat a lot.

Simple as that. Regardless of the results Flo was getting beat and at some point he is going to cost us bigtime if he doesn't get his game straight.

Whether it be a 15 yard holding penalty, a forced fumble from behind, or getting our Quarterback killed and out for the season.

You must be from Bizarro's planet.

Flo wasn't taking two guys out ala Allen primetime. But he took his man out for the most part.

Making a big deal out of two false starts and one hands to the face is ridiculous in the context of the entire game. Did Flo have a dominating night? NO. Did he have a lousy night? NO. He had a pretty solid nite. Does Flo need to hold the false starts down some? YES. He has to get a good start to stop his man.

He and the rest of the OL gave Romo time to throw the ball. Was he hurried a FEW times? YES. Did he generally have time to throw the ball? YES. Did he get sacked? NO. Were we able to run the ball once we forced them to play us balanced? HELL YES.

To say he doesn't have heart, passion for the game or whatever is mind reading. He has played at a top five level of play for his position for quite awhile. He has to have something going for him to do that.

You are generally making contrarian remarks with all or nothing thinking. You aren't on a island and you'll never go extinct but thankfully you are in the extraordinarily vast minority. And you appear to know little about football.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jobberone I excluded his penalties and I never said he did or didn't have heart.

Flozell has been awful for over a month now.

I want to know why.

If you're happy with Flozells performance than your expectations of him are far to low.

He didn't become one of the top LT's in the league with performances like last night.

Something is wrong with him and it needs to get fixed because Romo's blind side is to important to overlook.

And you appear to know little about football

I highly doubt many on here know nearly as much about the offensive line as I do. Especially at the Tackle position.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425670 said:
Romo was getting hurried because Flo's guy was whipping his tail.

I wouldn't say he was under fire the entire night. Flo was just getting beat a lot.

Simple as that. Regardless of the results Flo was getting beat and at some point he is going to cost us bigtime if he doesn't get his game straight.

Whether it be a 15 yard holding penalty, a forced fumble from behind, or getting our Quarterback killed and out for the season.

IDK if you can say he was getting beat a lot. This has been one of his better games this year and he did a really good job. Romo getting hurt wasn't his fault. The fumbles were but considering none of that happened last week I don't get how you can say his performance was terrible.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought this thread was tongue-in-cheek when I opened it, b/c Adams got a lot of negative attention from Madden/Michaels last night. But it's for real, isn't it?

fan62

Reaction score
i have to pretty much agree with catch on this one. Sure Romo did not get touched too much, but he was hurried and pressured a lot (especially the first half). One of those hurries came because of Flo's bad blocking, and Romo threw a bad pass which was intercepted. Also, saw one of our punts, come very close to being blocked and it sure looked as if it was Flo's man that broke free. As far as I am concerned a hurry or pressure that causes a bad pass (int or incompletion) is just as bad as a (short yardage) sack. There were plenty of those last night.
This oline is not going to get us to the superbowl, the way they are playing - bottom line.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fan62;2425845 said:
i have to pretty much agree with catch on this one. Sure Romo did not get touched too much, but he was hurried and pressured a lot (especially the first half). One of those hurries came because of Flo's bad blocking, and Romo threw a bad pass which was intercepted. Also, saw one of our punts, come very close to being blocked and it sure looked as if it was Flo's man that broke free. As far as I am concerned a hurry or pressure that causes a bad pass (int or incompletion) is just as bad as a (short yardage) sack. There were plenty of those last night.
This oline is not going to get us to the superbowl, the way they are playing - bottom line.

:confused:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425831 said:
IDK if you can say he was getting beat a lot. This has been one of his better games this year and he did a really good job. Romo getting hurt wasn't his fault. The fumbles were but considering none of that happened last week I don't get how you can say his performance was terrible.

Because I actually watched him and didn't come to my conclusion based on a stat.

I've seen Demarcus Ware have plenty of good perfomances rushing the passer and not get a single sack.

Andre Carter was getting by Flozell and Romo either had to check down, Flozell would hold and not get called, or Romo would just make a fantastic play.

At some point Flozell has to get better if we want to get where we want to go.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425859 said:
Because I actually watched him and didn't come to my conclusion based on a stat.

I've seen Demarcus Ware have plenty of good perfomances rushing the passer and not get a single sack.

Andre Carter was getting by Flozell and Romo either had to check down, Flozell would hold and not get called, or Romo would just make a fantastic play.

Tell me the amount of QB hurries and QB knockdowns those will help prove your point....otherwise you're just pissing in the wind.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425788 said:
Jobberone I excluded his penalties and I never said he did or didn't have heart.

Flozell has been awful for over a month now.

I want to know why.

If you're happy with Flozells performance than your expectations of him are far to low.

He didn't become one of the top LT's in the league with performances like last night.

Something is wrong with him and it needs to get fixed because Romo's blind side is to important to overlook.

I highly doubt many on here know nearly as much about the offensive line as I do. Especially at the Tackle position.

Flo did not have a great game. But I didn't see him allow that much pressure and the running game was good most of the nite. Barber went around end most of the game. Both ends. And once Romo backed the Skins out of stacking the box and crowding the LOS, the running game became dominant. You do understand we averaged over 5 ypc last nite. And that was without any big runs. There may have been one or two negative yardage plays and a handful of 2 to 4. Most were over 5 yds.

And if you want to know what is wrong with him, then all you need know is he has been injured. He hasn't played well since the AZ game where he was injured very early in the first quarter. He hasn't been able to use his left arm and hand for awhile. Last nite he appeared to be better. But it's highly unlikely for him to be completely healthy even now.

I think you're catching some grief not just for this post but for your volume of work. I was too harsh though and ask your forgiveness.

CATCH17;2425859 said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. If you discount his play while injured then I'd have to say Flo and the entire OL has been very good and not far away from being dominant.

And of course Romo is going to make them look better. Also the first part of the game Garrett was trying to get the ball out quickly. It's just not the best game for Romo or this line. When healthy they often give Romo time to pick defenses apart.

They even picked the blitz up well last night. Even Witten and Barber did their job with that all night long. Romo never got real close to being injured or even legitimately getting touched.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2425648 said:
I think it's pretty safe to say that very few, if any, actually agree with you here.

Well.. To bad for those who didn't agree with me.

I just got done listening to Brian Broadus on GAC and not word for word but he said Flozell struggled in pass protection but was good vs the run.

He also said there is people in the Cowboys organization who would like to move Columbo to LT but can't because Flozell is getting so much money.

So whether you guys agreed with me or not.. It always pays to watch the damn game instead of looking at a stat sheet.

Im sure Chocolatelab can tell you what was said word for word about Flo.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
There is nothing to argue here. Flozell is the biggest under performing, lazy, fat and mentally challenged player on the offensive line.

Anybody that watches the games without the homer glasses should know this. Get over it, He has a dominant aspect about him, and He has a cool nickname, but what ever he has done in the past is long gone. He's just another fat guy that can stop a direct rush but struggles with any sort of speed rusher...Not to mention it looks like He mentally cannot develope anymore. He is what He is. END OF STORY!.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah this thread will probably just dwindle off the front page now.

Its good to know an NFL Scout see's things the way I do though.

But like I said... I actually watched him.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
CATCH17;2430497 said:
Yeah this thread will probably just dwindle off the front page now.

Its good to know an NFL Scout see's things the way I do though.

But like I said... I actually watched him.

Are you seriously this much of an attention ***** catch?

newlander

Reaction score
As usual the truth lies somewhere in between the two extremes of this thread. He's not terrible, but he's having a sub par season and is very banged up. Probably a real GM would not have signed him to the outlandish contract JJ did. The beat goes on..........(and I'm a Flo back and fellow MSU alum, but it's true.)

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
CATCH17;2425859 said:

But in those instances, Ware is knocking down the quarterback. He's getting his hands in the QB's face. He's putting actual pressure.

Carter didn't lay a finger on Tony. If he was really making Tony rush his decisions, wouldn't he at least have gotten to him physically? Maybe once?

This is just a real stretch - the "pressure isn't always sacks" argument is perfectly legitimate, but I'm not sure I've heard the "pressure isn't always knockdowns or QB hits or sacks or pressures or hurries or blocked passes" argument.

Now, if you want to talk about the 4 or 5 games before this one, there is a lot to talk about. Last night, Flo was solid. Doesn't mean we oughtn't to draft a LT if it makes sense in the right spot of the draft. But this "awful" business is just hyperbole and rubbish.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We just gave Flo a great big extension, so he is going to be here for a looooooooong time.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CATCH17;2425070 said:
Go back and watch the game.

The coaching staff isn't going to be as lenient as you are in the film room.

He was awful. His effort was awful. His blocking was awful. Everything was awful.

If Flozell doesn't get better he is going to cost us big at some point.

You must not have payed much attention to him because if you watched the guy than this isn't even debatable.

Now I could not watch the Commander game due to power failure, so I cannot vouch for Flozel in the Commander game, but as for most of the games I did see, Flo handles his guy quite well.

I am not sure what games you are watching, but it should not be that hard to find the stats for him and compare them to other OT's.

As far as the false start penalties, yes those are bad and needs to be addressed.
Doesn't he have bad hearing in his right ear? He is the left tackle, so his right ear would be responsible for hearing the count. Not making excuses, just think someone would of come up with a solution by now to compensate for that.