Football is just a sport, what they do should only matter on sunday

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Dooms........

Didn't know you were a con. When are you going to release you biography?

Dooms, 30 Days in the whole!

;)

Not something I'm proud of but yes I was young and stupid at one time. 1st time I got probation and the 2nd time a motion to revoke probation which got me 30 days and a lot of time to think about what I wanted out of my life. Sitting at Harris County jail with guys who make a living at going to jail was not my ideal of a life style I wanted add to that the judge who sat on both cases threaded me with a 1 year TDC for another screw up. Funny part is I have been working for Harris County now for just over 20 years and I have talked to the judge who sentenced me and actually thanked him for helping me change my life.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Not something I'm proud of but yes I was young and stupid at one time. 1st time I got probation and the 2nd time a motion to revoke probation which got me 30 days and a lot of time to think about what I wanted out of my life. Sitting at Harris County jail with guys who make a living at going to jail was not my ideal of a life style I wanted add to that the judge who sat on both cases threaded me with a 1 year TDC for another screw up. Funny part is I have been working for Harris County now for just over 20 years and I have talked to the judge who sentenced me and actually thanked him for helping me change my life.

I hope you know that I was only yanking your chain a bit. Nothing personal at all.

Besides, I've made my judgement on the type of poster you are long before you ever shared this. It has little to know barring but I definatly understand. I think we can all identify with being a bit more rowdy then we might like to admit when we were young.

Besides, I agree with you. When it's all said and done, it's against the law. Simple as that.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
locked&loaded said:
people are saying, oh he does this dont want him on my team. For example chris henry, great player but got into trouble that shouldnt even matter if what he does on sunday is play. People go deep into players lifes and anything they do they will hold against them. Its insane i say if he shows up on sunday let him smoke all the pot he wants do drugs. its not our bussiness. Granted i do not condone drugs, raping pulling guns. But that is there personal life and should not be included with the players nfl life.

Why do you want thugs on your team? Given a choice wouldn't you rather root for good guys than bad? And how can you count on guys to respect the needs of the team and the instructions of the coach when they won't obey the law? Everyone deserves a 2nd chance but guys like Henry make me sick. Guys like that will disapoint you every time.

AtlCB

Reaction score
locked&loaded said:
people are saying, oh he does this dont want him on my team. For example chris henry, great player but got into trouble that shouldnt even matter if what he does on sunday is play. People go deep into players lifes and anything they do they will hold against them. Its insane i say if he shows up on sunday let him smoke all the pot he wants do drugs. its not our bussiness. Granted i do not condone drugs, raping pulling guns. But that is there personal life and should not be included with the players nfl life.
What if Chris Henry was arrested on a Sunday?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I hope you know that I was only yanking your chain a bit. Nothing personal at all.

Besides, I've made my judgement on the type of poster you are long before you ever shared this. It has little to know barring but I definatly understand. I think we can all identify with being a bit more rowdy then we might like to admit when we were young.

Besides, I agree with you. When it's all said and done, it's against the law. Simple as that.

No at all. Whats the old saying Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. I have learned more from my errors than I have from my victories

arglebargle

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Actually the league cares. It really does not matter our individual feelings about weed the fact is it is illegal regardless and if a player gets popped more than once he is looking at a 4 game, 8 game or 1 year suspension and teams can't afford missing key players who can't abide by the law. Is smoking weed as bad as beating your wife no but it is still against the law and is against league rules and as much money that is at stake for these players to do these things is just plain stupid.

Gotta agree with you here. Personally I have no issues with the weed smokers, and I think the whole drug thing is kinda crazy. That's a different arguement though. Illegality does not equal immorality. BUT....you are dead on that it effects the team and its just stoopid that these guys risk so much for a puff or two. In the NFL, it is a definitely a sign of poor judgement. Just like motorcycles, do it when you retire....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
arglebargle said:
Gotta agree with you here. Personally I have no issues with the weed smokers, and I think the whole drug thing is kinda crazy. That's a different arguement though. Illegality does not equal immorality. BUT....you are dead on that it effects the team and its just stoopid that these guys risk so much for a puff or two. In the NFL, it is a definitely a sign of poor judgement. Just like motorcycles, do it when you retire....
or learn how to do right like Stepnoski :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
or learn how to do right like Stepnoski :D

What a player does after he hangs them up is his business but as long as he is collecting a pay check from the NFL you play by their rules or do what Ricky Williams did and go to the CFL.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Pot should be legal... It is ridiculous that it isn't but alcohol is, if you make one illegal both should be... Our government tried prohibition once and it didn’t work, so they do it again and it isn’t working. Legalize marijuana and be done with it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2233boys said:
Pot should be legal... It is ridiculous that it isn't but alcohol is, if you make one illegal both should be... Our government tried prohibition once and it didn’t work, so they do it again and it isn’t working. Legalize marijuana and be done with it.

But it is not and as long as that is the law I expect our players to do the right thing. There are the ways things should be and the way things are

Nav22

Reaction score
last time I looked,it's still illegal.
2 words: cannabus club. There's no good reason for weed to be illegal if alcohol is legal. It's a stupid law that hasn't been amended because nobody in the White House has the balls to try doing something about it.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Why do you want thugs on your team? Given a choice wouldn't you rather root for good guys than bad? And how can you count on guys to respect the needs of the team and the instructions of the coach when they won't obey the law? Everyone deserves a 2nd chance but guys like Henry make me sick. Guys like that will disapoint you every time.
I love the Dallas Cowboys, and if it takes thugs to get them another Superbowl so be it. Good or bad, it is all about winning. I don't expect NFL players to raise my children and be their role models that is what I am for, so if my teams has a bunch of thugs and we are winning. I am all for it, if they have a bunch of good guys and aren't winning, I want the good guys gone.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
But it is not and as long as that is the law I expect our players to do the right thing. There are the ways things should be and the way things are
I can't really argue with that. My point was that pot being illegal is dumb... As an aside, if a player does smoke pot, but helps the Cowboys win a superbowl, I really don't care that he is doing something illegal... He just helped win my Dallas Cowboys their 6th superbowl...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2233boys said:
I love the Dallas Cowboys, and if it takes thugs to get them another Superbowl so be it. Good or bad, it is all about winning. I don't expect NFL players to raise my children and be their role models that is what I am for, so if my teams has a bunch of thugs and we are winning. I am all for it, if they have a bunch of good guys and aren't winning, I want the good guys gone.

I expect a certain amount of class, winning is important but being a world class team of thugs is nothing I would take pride in and not worth paying money to see. Sorry winning is not everything some where along the line people lost that concept

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Nav22 said:
2 words: cannabus club. There's no good reason for weed to be illegal if alcohol is legal. It's a stupid law that hasn't been amended because nobody in the White House has the balls to try doing something about it.

It makes a lot of police departments a lot of money for it to be illegal.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2233boys said:
I can't really argue with that. My point was that pot being illegal is dumb... As an aside, if a player does smoke pot, but helps the Cowboys win a superbowl, I really don't care that he is doing something illegal... He just helped win my Dallas Cowboys their 6th superbowl...

See the post below. I love winning but not at all cost, to me it matters.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think all you guys should grow up and get jobs in Congress. That way you can change all this stuff and set things right.

Until then, it's against the law.