For a 27 year old RB/7 year veteran, Zeke still runs tough

cnuball21

Reaction score
True. Need to see more of Malik Davis the rest of this season. Can he produce similar to Zeke or not?

The only issue I have with Zeke is that ridiculously overpaid contract. What's Zeke's yearly salary pay? $16 million/year? If Zeke were to agree to cut that pay in half and accept $8 million/year after this season, that would work perfectly to pay Tony Pollard the other $8 million/year to resign and keep him after his rookie contract expires this season. If Zeke refuses to cut his contract in half, it might be time to part ways with him, especially if Malik Davis or another RB can prove they can produce close to what Zeke does today.

As much as I love Zeke he doesn’t deserve 8 mil a year. Unless he takes something under 5 I’d bet he gets cut.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
One can agree/disagree on Zeke's contract being too expensive or how he doesn't have the speed he used to when he was younger, but we truly need to appreciate how after 7 years, Zeke still runs tough and has lots more to give. He still has that quick burst, some juice and strength in his legs. Watch some of the tough runs 27 year old Ezekiel Elliott has produced for the Cowboys so far this 2022 season.

He’s been a force this year. We need him going forward big time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’d rather have a guy that “doesn’t run tough” but can average 4.5 yards per carry. I want production. Ramming into opponent players doesn’t impress me.
He’s averaging 4.1 ypc wearing down the defense. Defenders don’t want to face him because of the punishment he doles out.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
We all do. We saw it from Tony Pollard last week. We also saw how he ran out of gas after 14 carries. Too bad there aren't other Derrick Henry's available each draft. We would be golden. For now, the duo of Zeke and Pollard is good enough.

Ran out of gas????? I think your Zeke love has blinded you. Pollard, on his 14th carry of the game and with 10:35 remaining in the 4th, broke for a 54 yard TD run which put Dallas up 49-29. Dallas only had 1 more offensive series after that (not including the 2 kneel downs to end the game) so Pollard was pulled from the game with the game out of control so as not to risk injury.

So what are you talking about?????

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ran out of gas????? I think your Zeke love has blinded you. Pollard, on his 14th carry of the game and with 10:35 remaining in the 4th, broke for a 54 yard TD run which put Dallas up 49-29. Dallas only had 1 more offensive series after that (not including the 2 kneel downs to end the game) so Pollard was pulled from the game with the game out of control so as not to risk injury.

So what are you talking about?????
Do you do research, watch team coach and player videos after the game, or are your brains fried from your years of service? Smh

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Brain fried from years of service? Yet again another example of you taking things too far without recourse.
Quit backtracking. You always attack my posts and my integrity. When I retaliate in kind, you act the victim. Look in the mirror. If you questioned nicely, you would get a respectful response.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It’s a big play league.

Zeke crashing into guys is the opposite of what you want. You want big plays.

No, its a big play fandom. Fan want the home run ball. The three pointer. The break-away TD. But the game rarely allows those runs. Pollard looked good against the Bears. The third worst running defense in the league. But this game is based on physical confrontation.

When I was a kid I was watching a game where the offense threw a 60 yard TD. Most of it in the air, I asked him why they just didn't do that every play. He told me it doesn't work on every play. They have to set it up. The fans now want immediately gratification and long pass plays and long runs. Hence, the league changing the rules to give the receiver the edge.

I see the defense wins championships bromide tossed around, but the truth is fans don't like defensive battles. Too boring.

Think that isn't right. How many long analysis and commentary on this site have you seen people respond tl:dr.

This is a tiktok world where long TD drives bore the shate out of most fans. Appreciating the game, and the games inside the game is a lost art.

Read a freaking book. people.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, its a big play fandom. Fan want the home run ball. The three pointer. The break-away TD. But the game rarely allows those runs. Pollard looked good against the Bears. The third worst running defense in the league. But this game is based on physical confrontation.

When I was a kid I was watching a game where the offense threw a 60 yard TD. Most of it in the air, I asked him why they just didn't do that every play. He told me it doesn't work on every play. They have to set it up. The fans now want immediately gratification and long pass plays and long runs. Hence, the league changing the rules to give the receiver the edge.

I see the defense wins championships bromide tossed around, but the truth is fans don't like defensive battles. Too boring.

Think that isn't right. How many long analysis and commentary on this site have you seen people respond tl:dr.

This is a tiktok world where long TD drives bore the shate out of most fans. Appreciating the game, and the games inside the game is a lost art.

Read a freaking book. people.
:hammer::hammer:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Quit backtracking. You always attack my posts and my integrity. When I retaliate in kind, you act the victim. Look in the mirror. If you questioned nicely, you would get a respectful response.

Your integrity? You just questioned if my brains are fried for having served this nation for numerous years. Where is the integrity in that?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zeke went to Cabo to pout until he got a contract he didn’t deserve early. Then he came back and ate and drank away his 40 time. Now he is a salary cap albatross.

Hadenough

Reaction score
One can agree/disagree on Zeke's contract being too expensive or how he doesn't have the speed he used to when he was younger, but we truly need to appreciate how after 7 years, Zeke still runs tough and has lots more to give. He still has that quick burst, some juice and strength in his legs. Watch some of the tough runs 27 year old Ezekiel Elliott has produced for the Cowboys so far this 2022 season.

Zeke does run hard but he just isn't as elusive or fast as he was before he started packing on the muscle. I think he is a decent back but not great because where he is at in his career there are plenty of big backs that can do what he does. Maybe not block for the QB as well but as far as the running game. I think they should probably be looking in the draft for a RB.

Hardline

Reaction score
It’s a big play league.

Big plays don't matter as long as you keep the chains moving. I would rather move methodically down field and eat up the clock and wear out defenses than hit home runs . Not that I have a problem with home runs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’d rather have a guy that “doesn’t run tough” but can average 4.5 yards per carry. I want production. Ramming into opponent players doesn’t impress me.
You may not be impressed by it but one thing I’ve seen most NFL champions have is a guy who rams into opponents and beats a defense up. Basically what you want is great fantasy output….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s a big play league.

It’s a big play league in the regular season….but when the playoff come around and it gets colder outside? The big plays become less frequent and you need someone to beat a defense up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Big plays don't matter as long as you keep the chains moving. I would rather move methodically down field and eat up the clock and wear out defenses than hit home runs . Not that I have a problem with home runs.
Exactly. And big plays don’t show up as much in the playoffs. I mean how many big plays did Cowboy fans see the 49ers make when they ran down our throats?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Henry is more than 20 pounds heavier. That’s a pretty big advantage.
Henry is faster, stronger and taller and considered the best RB in the league. Why compare Elliott to him? That's like comparing Prescott to Allen or Mahomes.

The job is getting the job done and the Cowboys tandem can do that as long as the play calling is favorable.