For a 27 year old RB/7 year veteran, Zeke still runs tough

fivetwos

Reaction score
I just hope we aren’t entering into a repeat of last year when he was hobbled and ineffective yet insisted on playing….and of course he has Jerry in his corner on that one.

We really do need him this year. Pollard is the better player at this point, but he can’t do it alone.

Id like to see Davis stay involved just in case.

tunahelper

Reaction score
We all do. We saw it from Tony Pollard last week. We also saw how he ran out of gas after 14 carries. Too bad there aren't other Derrick Henry's available each draft. We would be golden. For now, the duo of Zeke and Pollard is good enough.
He ran out of gas because he was running wild in the open field.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke went to Cabo to pout until he got a contract he didn’t deserve early. Then he came back and ate and drank away his 40 time. Now he is a salary cap albatross.

BS
He went to Cabo to escape the media frenzy and circus. Did you see the videos of his workouts there...ate and drank...more BS...
Hate on though.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
But they have cap space. What has his contract prevented them from doing?

If you don’t think paying Zeke what they pay him has impacted decisions I don’t know what to say. It’s one of the worst contracts in team history.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your integrity? You just questioned if my brains are fried for having served this nation for numerous years. Where is the integrity in that?
It was a serious question. You're always questioning me, yet you know I served, so what's the difference? Like I said before, if you asked nicely, I would respond respectfully.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I was watching some highlights pre Zeck, the Murray, Randle, Dunbar trio was so versatile and productive.

The OC had just the right balance to keep defenses guessing. Wish they use Pollard more like they used Dunbar in those years. Quick passes to the flat and let him create in space.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One can agree/disagree on Zeke's contract being too expensive or how he doesn't have the speed he used to when he was younger, but we truly need to appreciate how after 7 years, Zeke still runs tough and has lots more to give. He still has that quick burst, some juice and strength in his legs. Watch some of the tough runs 27 year old Ezekiel Elliott has produced for the Cowboys so far this 2022 season.

Sorry not impressed. Now show Pollards hightlights and compare the two.

Zeke is still averaging 4 ypc, which the lowest of his career or close to it. And now he is hurt again.

Zeke has produced abysmally. Without Pollard to bump up the run game, it would be a poor run game. And for 18 million is absolutely pathetic production. Everyone should be disgusted with this version of Zeke and the price we are paying.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We all do. We saw it from Tony Pollard last week. We also saw how he ran out of gas after 14 carries. Too bad there aren't other Derrick Henry's available each draft. We would be golden. For now, the duo of Zeke and Pollard is good enough.

There is no duo. There is Pollard and then there is any other back. The Pollard Davis duo last week was better than Pollard Zeke.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah in most of the highlights he is having the beat a tackler in the backfield. And that tackler is typically a d-lineman.. Dude gives up his body for this team time and again and yet and still some of these so called fans hate him.. It boggles the mind.

Is that worth 19 million?

Thats a little hint as to why most dont like Zeke anymore. And that fact that Jerry coddles him when everyone can see how much better Pollard is.

Bagman

Reaction score
Derrick Henry runs way harder after the same 7 years. The difference being is Zeke got a boatload of carries in his first few years and Henry did not.
Here we are 7 yrs into their careers and Zeke leads Henry in mostly all categories. More yards rushing, receiving and maybe a slight edge in TDs. Talk all you want about who's a better workhorse or whatever agenda makes Derrick Henry fans happy. Bottom line, NO OTHER RB IN THE NFL has better stats than Henry EXCEPT Zeke Elliott since 2016.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It was a serious question. You're always questioning me, yet you know I served, so what's the difference? Like I said before, if you asked nicely, I would respond respectfully.

Having served, then you would know never to reference a vet's service and if their brain was scrambled. Do you know what I have seen? No, so why say something like that? If you have had friends die in your arms and there was nothing you could do about it....then you would have the respect not to cross that line.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Is that worth 19 million?

Thats a little hint as to why most dont like Zeke anymore. And that fact that Jerry coddles him when everyone can see how much better Pollard is.
I don’t even see why it’s still a question as to who is the better back at this point.

It’s amazing the lengths people will go to in defending someone whose jersey they invested in lol.

I’m no Elliott supporter and never was, but I so strongly feel like a big run game is so essential to this teams’ chances this year that I know we need both. Davis as well.

In the end it’s up to Moore to figure out what’s best.

Confident? Nope.

Hopeful? Always.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, its a big play fandom. Fan want the home run ball. The three pointer. The break-away TD. But the game rarely allows those runs. Pollard looked good against the Bears. The third worst running defense in the league. But this game is based on physical confrontation.

When I was a kid I was watching a game where the offense threw a 60 yard TD. Most of it in the air, I asked him why they just didn't do that every play. He told me it doesn't work on every play. They have to set it up. The fans now want immediately gratification and long pass plays and long runs. Hence, the league changing the rules to give the receiver the edge.

I see the defense wins championships bromide tossed around, but the truth is fans don't like defensive battles. Too boring.

Think that isn't right. How many long analysis and commentary on this site have you seen people respond tl:dr.

This is a tiktok world where long TD drives bore the shate out of most fans. Appreciating the game, and the games inside the game is a lost art.

Read a freaking book. people.

Question… Besides some fans on a Cowboys site who out there thinks Zeke is better than Pollard?

Tony Pollard is just better than Zeke and has been for a couple of seasons.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s a big play league in the regular season….but when the playoff come around and it gets colder outside? The big plays become less frequent and you need someone to beat a defense up.

How many years have we had Zeke and how has it done in the playoffs as it’s gotten cold outside?

All these BS ways we say Zeke is better but if you just watch the game like a normal person it’s clear #20 is better than #21 and should be featured over him in this offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t even see why it’s still a question as to who is the better back at this point.

It’s amazing the lengths people will go to in defending someone whose jersey they invested in lol.

I’m no Elliott supporter and never was, but I so strongly feel like a big run game is so essential to this teams’ chances this year that I know we need both. Davis as well.

Confident? Nope.

Hopeful? Always.

It’s absolute bizarre how stubborn some Cowboys fans are.

Elliots contract is the only thing keeping him on the field in the optimal situations at this point because he’s just not that good of a player anymore.

He boxes in the offense just with his presence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just hope we aren’t entering into a repeat of last year when he was hobbled and ineffective yet insisted on playing….and of course he has Jerry in his corner on that one.

We really do need him this year. Pollard is the better player at this point, but he can’t do it alone.

Id like to see Davis stay involved just in case.

But but but… Pollard might miss a block once a month. I’d rather have a hobbled Zeke with a average run game then miss a block once a month.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How many years have we had Zeke and how has it done in the playoffs as it’s gotten cold outside?

All these BS ways we say Zeke is better but if you just watch the game like a normal person it’s clear #20 is better than #21 and should be featured over him in this offense.
I’m not interested in the played out debate if who’s better. They are both on this team and until he’s cut Zeke will get more carrries than him.

Im just speaking on what a back like Zeke can do for your team. He will beat a defense up. Especially in the post season. Our lack of post season success has nothing to do with Zeke.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Confident? Nope.

Hopeful? Always.

We all know who the better back is.

Even those that dont admit it know.