For All You "Dak Sucks" Posters. Did Yall Watch Tribiskey

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I disagree strongly Dak has many failing but he has that 'IT" factor,many more talented QBs taken much earlier dont .

I agree he has it factor in terms of leadership.

AS a Quarterback though he is average.

Most elite QB's have "it" plus elite numbers.

I don't mind Dak but replacing his production wouldn't be difficult as long as you don't try to do it with a Cooper Rush type.

It all goes back to Dak being paid like something he isn't. Not his fault. The market has just gotten stupid and the Cowboys are willing to pay it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think you can take anything from that game last night but coaches think funny and different than we do. The Bears players have been spending the off season thinking they were double doinked out of a possible SB trip. They were favored in that game by almost everyone and GB hasn't been mentioned by many as even a playoff team, let alone the division contender.

I believe all coaches want to know one thing, and our resident coach can bear this out or refute it, how are we against the real opponent, adversity? Da Bears aren't walking that walk this morning, they were booed a lot by the home fans and if Virginia McCaskey, the 96 year old owner, probably would have to if she had the energy. That offense and the QB were not ready for prime time and the Packers barely were themselves.

Add to this that that old rivalry is back, those players do not like each other so this one stings a little bit more at home. Nagy likes practice but he's going to love practice come next week because he will have his team's undivided attention.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I agree he has it factor in terms of leadership.

AS a Quarterback though he is average.

Most elite QB's have "it" plus elite numbers.

I don't mind Dak but replacing his production wouldn't be difficult as long as you don't try to do it with a Cooper Rush type.

It all goes back to Dak being paid like something he isn't. Not his fault. The market has just gotten stupid and the Cowboys are willing to pay it.

that is the problem though.Trubisky was rated ahead of both Mahomes and Watson by almost everybody.there is no guarantee you will get a good franchise QB even if you draft one early in the first RD .

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
26/45 208 yards 1 pick 62.1 Rating

Yeah, he is light years better than Dak...……...Haaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaa:laugh::lmao::lmao2:
I think this is more of an argument for the benefits of at least a few pre-season snaps for starters than it is an indictment or evidence of a crap career in the making

Some of his missed passes looked like he & WRs weren't on the same page. Things may come together, but taking virtually no PS snaps, it make take 1-2 games to get going.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
the hate the haters crowd (like yourself) are exponentially more obnoxious than the so-called haters. Was this thread necessary?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
that is the problem though.Trubisky was rated ahead of both Mahomes and Watson by almost everybody.there is no guarantee you will get a good franchise QB even if you draft one early in the first RD .

No guarantees but Trubisky showed last year he was good.

Basically the same numbers as Dak, went to the pro bowl like Dak, his team won the division like Dak. people on this forum are basically looking at Dak in another uniform and telling me he's no good when it comes to Trubisky.

khiladi

Reaction score
Who in this league doesn't have a mediocre QB?

Most of the QB's either fall into unproven or mediocre QB category.

We're probably facing the worst NFL veteran this week and something tells me he wont be that bad.

The fact the NFL game has become more like the college game, because of how the rules facilitated it, has given rise to this phenomenon of mediocre QBs having ‘success’ as a team. In the 80s and 90s, of you weren’t above average, you weren’t even sniffing 5 wins.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No guarantees but Trubisky showed last year he was good.

Basically the same numbers as Dak, went to the pro bowl like Dak, his team won the division like Dak. people on this forum are basically looking at Dak in another uniform and telling me he's no good when it comes to Trubisky.
Best defense in the league that created the most turnovers in the league. Unlike dak's defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Best defense in the league that created the most turnovers in the league. Unlike dak's defense.

yaaawn.

Dak plays in a dome, has Zeke, an elite Oline (and still manages to fumble a lot / holds the ball too long at times.)

Blah blah blah.

They're basically the same.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
yaaawn.

Dak plays in a dome, has Zeke, an elite Oline (and still manages to fumble a lot / holds the ball too long at times.)

Blah blah blah.

They're basically the same.
Elite O line? When, 2016? They were graded like 20th in pass protection last season lol. And gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
How many QBs have been drafted within the first 4 rounds in the last 10 years?

And how many of those QBs ended up being as good as Dak Prescott?

Do you REALLY not know how incredibly difficult it is to find a good QB in the draft?

Good QBs are more difficult, but not that difficult, to find. Average QBs are not.
But what is your argument? That because Mitch is a possible high pick bust that means it's hard? But, somehow Dak being a 4th rounder and doing better than what you'd expect doesn't counter that argument?

I don't think anyone has ever suggested Dak isn't better than what you'd expect from a 4th rounder.

But, you'll also find a huge rate of RBs, WRs, OL, etc. that have high rates of failure as well. But they are all drafted at higher rates.

There were 111 RBs taken in the first 4 rounds in the last 10 years. How many of them were as good as Devonta Freeman?

And...why are you trying to go off on tangents? You started responding to me because I pointed out how off someone was factually on something. And I was 100% correct about that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent point, Prescott was the 7th QB drafted and number 3 is already cut from his second team, the one they tried to get through trade, so let's not forget that as well. Cook was also cut and they wanted him.

Take a long look at this brain trust with QB's before you decide they need another one. Never has "a bird in the hand worth two in the bush" had more meaning.

Regarding Prescott, I look at what they could have had and he looks a lot better. When I consider Aikman was a no brainer, Romo and Prescott were pure luck and all those other names, plus the fact this team could have had Manziel, Dak Prescott looks reeeeaaaalllly good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Elite O line? When, 2016? They were graded like 20th in pass protection last season lol. And gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league.

Dak has a left tackle that didn't allow a sack last year and on top of that we give up sacks because of Dak a lot of the time and im not blaming him for all of them.

Also, who did the grading? PFF? Grain of salt...

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't think you can take anything from that game last night but coaches think funny and different than we do. The Bears players have been spending the off season thinking they were double doinked out of a possible SB trip. They were favored in that game by almost everyone and GB hasn't been mentioned by many as even a playoff team, let alone the division contender.

I believe all coaches want to know one thing, and our resident coach can bear this out or refute it, how are we against the real opponent, adversity? Da Bears aren't walking that walk this morning, they were booed a lot by the home fans and if Virginia McCaskey, the 96 year old owner, probably would have to if she had the energy. That offense and the QB were not ready for prime time and the Packers barely were themselves.

Add to this that that old rivalry is back, those players do not like each other so this one stings a little bit more at home. Nagy likes practice but he's going to love practice come next week because he will have his team's undivided attention.

I was thinking Granny was looking quite spry

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak has a left tackle that didn't allow a sack last year and on top of that we give up sacks because of Dak a lot of the time and im not blaming him for all of them.

Also, who did the grading? PFF? Grain of salt...
Go back and watch the tape last year and tell me how great that pass protection was. It will probably make you sick to your stomach to know they are the most expensive O line.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Remember, when discussing Dak with the haters you have to assume the following things will be thrown out -

1. Dak is standing behind the greatest offensive line in history and if St. Romo were there he'd never be sacked.
2. Dak should be able to run an offense with any receiver we give him. Doesn't matter if there receivers are good or anything - it's just all his fault.
3. Dak cannot improve. Every other qb can improve but that won't be the case.

Operate under those guidelines and you begin to understand the level of irrational hatred you are dealing with.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak has had 11 games with a sub 70 rating in his 3 year career. Trubisky has had 9 in his 2 years + 1 game.

Rating players by individual games is a fool's errand though. Overall, I would rate Dak above Trubisky as would most people. If you look at objective national rankings, most people have Dak in the mid teens and Trubisky in the #20 range.

The real debate is if you want to make the 15th best quarterback the 2nd highest paid one or let him walk. Its a tough decision.

DFWJC

Reaction score

CBS came out with their NFL power ranking this week and had Green Bay #1
With those big upgrades on defense, they might not be crazy thinking that

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did you see their offense?
Facing the NFLs best defense at their place, and in the often rusty 1st game of the season.

Are youtelling me that you think Green Bay will struggle on offense this year overall?

Anyway, I wouldn't rank them #1, but was mentioning that some have.