For All You "Dak Sucks" Posters. Did Yall Watch Tribiskey

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Facing the NFLs best defense at their place, and in the often rusty 1st game of the season.

Are youtelling me that you think Green Bay will struggle on offense this year overall?

Anyway, I wouldn't rank them #1, but was mentioning that some have.
GB has struggled on offense for a couple of years now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of folks here who think the Cowboys need the "elite" quarterback to win SBs. In that regard, they want either to trade Zeke or such, or tank the season to get the no. 1 or 2 or such pick in the draft, thereby drafting the "elite" quarterback.

So let's say that's done. Looking at recent history, let's peruse the SB winning quarterbacks, starting with the current champ and going back a few years, per the season:

2018 Tom Brady. 6th round pick.
2017 Nick Foles. 3rd round. (Yes Wentz gave him a good lead, but Foles was the SB winning qb, we don't know what Wentz would have done)
2016 Tom Brady. 6th round
2015 Payton Manning. 1st pick
2014 Tom Brady. 6th round
2013 Russell Wilson. 3rd round.
2012 Joe Flacco. 1st round
2011 Eli Manning. 1st round.
2010 Aaron Rodgers. 1st round.
2009 Drew Brees. 2nd round.

So of the last 10 SB winners, you have 4 of the 10 drafted in the first round, meaning 6 of the 10 were not. If you go for the "elite" ranked quarterback, you have a 40% chance of getting a SB winner vs. 60% not, you would miss on second and third rounders who eventually won SBs.

Drafting your "elite" quarteback is no guarantee of a SB win, in fact you have better odds of not getting the win.

Just saying that the strategy of going for the high draft pick doesn't always work out...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
GB has struggled on offense for a couple of years now.

True. But some believe that the Cowboys need a quarterback who can overcome a poor team to win SBs. By all accounts Rodgers is "elite", yet in his 12 years as a starter, he's been to ONE Super Bowl. Rivers is considered "elite" by many, but he's NEVER been to a SB. Matt Ryan also, but he's been to only one SB, which he lost (or the coach lost, regardless the team didn't win). Brees? Another one. ONE SB appearance. Russell Wilson went to two SBs, but both of those teams had the NO. 1 defense. Without that, he's not been back.

If Rodgers is indeed "elite", then why has he not been back to the SB, after all, according to some that's the ONLY way to win SBs in Dallas.

The whole idea of an NFL quarterback who can somehow by his will drag an average team to a SB win is not realistic, this isn't the NBA, where your superstar is 20% of the first stringers. He doesn't even play defense, half of the team he has no input, except to score a lot of points and make the other team take more risks to make up for your guy's point total.

Is Dak elite? No, that's clear. But is he good enough to win SBs with a good to very good to great team around him?

That won't be known until his career is over, but "throwing the baby out with the bath water", by dumping Dak and HOPING your top draft pick is a Rodgers or Manning is a very risky proposition...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Funny how a QB guru with a highly rated QB can look so bad offensively yet "fans" give Garrett crap cause he took an undrafted romo and a late 4th rounder in dak and turned them into starters.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Funny how a QB guru with a highly rated QB can look so bad offensively yet "fans" give Garrett crap cause he took an undrafted romo and a late 4th rounder in dak and turned them into starters.

Garrett's a genius?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Does anybody even read anymore? The fact that I have to explain this is embarrassing.
You said we should have felt confident that Dak would have engineered an 86 yard touchdown drive with a minute plus left and 1 timeout. Because you are clueless to what a GWD is, you touted them as proof that Dak could succeed where Trubisky failed. I then asked you to tell me when Dak has actually done this.
I am still waiting for the answer.
I’ll say it again: you’re clueless to what a game winning drive is. That’s my next question for you. What is a game winning drive?
And then one more time: when has Dak led a last minute TD drive to tie the game under the conditions Trubisky was under last night?
Is all that clear? Maybe this should have been my first question: can you read?

LoL OK, I'm clueless yet you're the one who can't read. I cited a link to Pro Football Focus that had all 14 of his GWDs, including 8 comebacks in the 4th quarter.

Do you even watch the games? The very last regular season game he played, without Zeke Elliott by the way, he led the team on a 70-yard touchdown drive to win the game against the Giants 36-35. He led them on a 75-yard touchdown drive to win the game against the Steelers to win 35-30, a 75-yard touchdown drive against the Eagles to win 29-23.

Whatever I'm not going to do your research for you, click the link.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking Granny was looking quite spry
She was for sure and I think it's cool that she's seen more football games than anyone alive. Her Dad was something else and I love the mentality of those old time coaches. That better be the other guys blood on my uniform.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Trubisky with our OL and running back will do much better as for Dak he is just one lucky jag

I say that Zeke is the most luckiest player on the team. Without our oline, an offense built to run the ball, and a QB who is very good at ball control and not turning the ball over a lot, this offense is made for Zeke to excel, not Dak.

Without those elements in this offense, Zeke would not be here today smiling with a big contract on hand.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Dak, I sincerely hope he takes that next step this year but here is what I would say. We haven't played our first game. For all we know, we might fall down, just like the Bears did. I don't think that will happen but it could.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have a better offensive philosophy than most give him credit for but i'm not saying he's a genius.

It's just simple is all it is.

He runs a basic offense where guys really don't have to think and he has talent.

We need more. (No pun intended)

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
LoL OK, I'm clueless yet you're the one who can't read. I cited a link to Pro Football Focus that had all 14 of his GWDs, including 8 comebacks in the 4th quarter.

Do you even watch the games? The very last regular season game he played, without Zeke Elliott by the way, he led the team on a 70-yard touchdown drive to win the game against the Giants 36-35. He led them on a 75-yard touchdown drive to win the game against the Steelers to win 35-30, a 75-yard touchdown drive against the Eagles to win 29-23.

Whatever I'm not going to do your research for you, click the link.
You’re clearly illiterate, and afraid to answer any of the questions posed. I get it; logic and reasoning aren’t your strong points. It’s ok.
None of those are anything close to the situation Trubisky faced yesterday. And LOL at using a meaningless exhibition against the Giants B-team that Dak should have been sitting down for as a measure of clutch anything.
Dak is a dink and dunk game manager... he’s not clutch, and his game winning drives are a joke... mostly handing off early on the fourth quarter with little to no duress. I think Dak’s phony perception of being clutch is mostly attributed to not having any major screwups... an easy task to accomplish when that’s your function in the offense: not to screw up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I say that Zeke is the most luckiest player on the team. Without our oline, an offense built to run the ball, and a QB who is very good at ball control and not turning the ball over a lot, this offense is made for Zeke to excel, not Dak.

Without those elements in this offense, Zeke would not be here today smiling with a big contract on hand.
Hes NOT LUcky,

hes élite and would be EATING no matter where he got drafted...once a team sees what they have they build a team around it, the defense wasn't good back then the FO knew they needed a great RG to help TOP and once Romo went down it was luck they had the plan in pace for Dak to slide into.. they Drafted EE to help continue ROMOS a career given Murrays success helping ROMO, Not Dak.. Dak got thrust into this and GOT LUCKY to have had zeke to help him, not the other way around..

whos been a super star blue chip player their whole life? Zeke, who got picked 4th over all vs in the 4th round and to be the day 1 starter, its Zeke.. Dak was a backup prospect hadn't done thing before he got here..

Not knock on Dak but Zekes been eliet his entire life College, Pros, nothing would change had he not landed here..
SMH at the hters and their statements because personally they dont like Zekes off field issues....

kumizi

Reaction score
Take out his gaudy win percentage and his stellar history against the NFC East.

Dak has had 8 fourth quarter comebacks and 14 game-winning drives.

Dak has 85 career touchdowns and only 25 interceptions - that’s less INTs than Wentz in 8 more games and less INTs than Geoff in 10 more games.

Dak Prescott is the first Cowboys quarterback to ever pass for 3,000 yards and at least 20 touchdowns in each of his first three seasons.

I could go on and on but it has been debated endlessly here.

Really @kumizi ? You’d take Wentz and his injury history over Dak? What else does the kid have to do to win you over? Seriously?

Tell you what, before you label him as the “15th best quarterback”, go ahead and respond to this thread in January 2020.

This is Dak’s fourth year, traditionally the make or break year for quarterbacks. He has an innovative offensive coordinator now and I love Kitna as his QB coach. I think he’s going to change your mind.
It’s not about their resume to me. It’s about their talent. I understand that agents use resume to argue for their clients in contract negotiations. But fans using resume to predict future performance is a pet peeve of mine. Even if you knew nothing about football and saw Wentz and Dak put on a throwing exhibition in practice, I think 90/100 people watching would say Wentz has more talent.

I didn’t say Wentz or Mayfield are better than Dak. I only listed 8 franchise QBs. I think Wentz, Mayfield, Darnold have the “upside” or “ceiling” to be QBs that can carry a team. I’m undecided/unsure if Dak does.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

True that is why I hate Jerry for giving him that much money...as for Dak top top if you have to pay him would be 15Millions.He is a bus driver type at his best , but an elite he is not.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's just simple is all it is.

He runs a basic offense where guys really don't have to think and he has talent.

We need more. (No pun intended)

Go ask Naggy about his non basic offense with a highly drafted QB looking horrible. Rogers didn't look better (though the bears defense is a big reason why).