For All You "Dak Sucks" Posters. Did Yall Watch Tribiskey

Kevinicus

Reaction score
did it vs Pitt in 2016, 42 sec left trailing in the game and pulled out the win.
That was at the 25, with 3 TOs (which Dak basically wasted and almost screwed up any chance we had), and only down by 1. A very different situation.

47 yards were from a 15 yard penalty (which saved the team as Dak would have gone through the TOs on little dump offs), and the 32 yard run by Zeke. Dak had 3 completions for 28 yards.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
did it vs Pitt in 2016, 42 sec left trailing in the game and pulled out the win.
Nope, not the same. Didn’t even need a TD there, had all timeouts, and if we’re sticking to the actual topic, a “game winning drive” where the RB runs it in the final 35 yards does not scream clutch QB play.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Seabiscuit is just your average Joe out there. I bet Dak wins that game for the Bears.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nope, not the same. Didn’t even need a TD there, had all timeouts, and if we’re sticking to the actual topic, a “game winning drive” where the RB runs it in the final 35 yards does not scream clutch QB play.

Of course, it is not the same most scenario are not going to be exactly the same. I can’t say what the result would have been for Dak in that exact situation nor can you. What I can say is Dak has lead late game winning drives.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you really want to bag on Trubisky though...please name how many pro bowlers he has on the oline, rb, and wr. Pretty sure that number is 0.

In comparison, Dak has 5.

It saddens me when people can’t use logic and make rational arguments. It’s like we’re moving toward that movie Idiocracy. If you don’t love every Cowboy and every Cowboy move, you’re a “hater” and you should find another team to root for.

We're on a Cowboys forum so you're always going to get some delusional / biased opinions.

You look at both guys body of work last year and they are virtually the same player and Dak had to have that off the charts week 17 game to close the gap on the touchdown passes because he only had 18 TD's going into that game lol.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Of course, it is not the same most scenario are not going to be exactly the same. I can’t say what the result would have been for Dak in that exact situation nor can you. What I can say is Dak has lead late game winning drives.
Nearly all QBs have “led” some. But very few are capable of the Montana/Elway style drive, no timeouts, length of the field and having to get into the end zone (the actual hard part). That situation does not play into the strengths of dink and dunk QBs like Mitch and Dak.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Considering the 1st 3 games are the easiest part of our schedule by a mile, if we struggle it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season
I'll worry about dire portents and ill bodings for the season if We lose early games, but I won't worry if We secure wins and look sloppy or sluggish on offense, it'll probably take a little time getting up to snuff.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nearly all QBs have “led” some. But very few are capable of the Montana/Elway style drive, no timeouts, length of the field and having to get into the end zone (the actual hard part). That situation does not play into the strengths of dink and dunk QBs like Mitch and Dak.

Gotcha you feel the need to put Dak , pretty much typical around here. Yeah all Dak does is dink and dunk nothing more than that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m perfectly fine with Dak as our QB; I think he’s primed to have his best season this year.

That said, based on this thread and the subsequent supporting comments, my mantra regarding Dak remains the same:

Dak isn’t the problem, his incessantly stupid fanboys are.

My only problem with Dak is that he is terrible value for what he actually is as a player and the contract he'll get.

Other then that i'm fine with him.

Solid QB's are all over the place and don't cost top 5 money.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Gotcha you feel the need to put Dak , pretty much typical around here. Yeah all Dak does is dink and dunk nothing more than that.
Not just dink and dunk... dink and dunk and hand off (only the Bills have more rushing attempts than the Cowboys do since Dak came into the league, and I suspect if you removed all of Taylor/Allen’s QB rushes, it would reveal that Dak is in fact the king of handing off in the NFL).

Rayman70

Reaction score
My only problem with Dak is that he is terrible value for what he actually is as a player and the contract he'll get.

Other then that i'm fine with him.

Solid QB's are all over the place and don't cost top 5 money.
ok..like who? "Solid QB'S are all over the place?" How so, explain please. Why has it taken the dolphins and cards so long to find an adequate QB? Look at Buffalo and the Jets lol...it took the Jets like 25 years to find a good QB. Richard Todd might be their last what I would call, stud QB. Everyone else was just meh...but I do think Darnold can be special. Browns , same thing..took them what, 25 plus years to find one good enough?..Their last good QB was Kosar. Point is, we cant go the the QB store and pick up a decent QB...it aint that easy man. Luck is involved and patience...and doing ones homework.We been blessed at the QB position over the years.

Ken

Reaction score
Showing me pics of an ugly girl doesn't make mine prettier.
Ours is the Prom Queen of her class....so there is that.

Then there is the two stuck up snobs who have ugly attitudes thinking they are better than her....lol

Ken

Reaction score
Not just dink and dunk... dink and dunk and hand off (only the Bills have more rushing attempts than the Cowboys do since Dak came into the league, and I suspect if you removed all of Taylor/Allen’s QB rushes, it would reveal that Dak is in fact the king of handing off in the NFL).
Dink and Dunk...lol

You act like every qb doesn't dink and dunk. You act like Romo didn't dink and dunk.

Keep it up with this tired, tired mantra. It is so wrong it doesn't help you at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
ok..like who? "Sold QB'S are all over the place?" How so, explain please. Why has it taken the dolphins and cards so long to find an adequate QB? Look at Buffalo and the Jets lol...it took the Jets like 15 years to find a good QB. Richard Todd might be their last what I would call, stud QB. Everyone else was just meh...but I do think Darnold can be special. Browns , same thing..took them what, 25 plus years to find one good enough?..Their last good QB was Kosar. Point is, we cant go the the QB store and pick up a decent QB...it aint that easy man. Luck is involved and patience...and doing ones homework.We been blessed at the QB position over the years.

Dolphins, Jets, Browns................ all horribly run franchises. That's a big reason why they've wandered aimlessly without a QB.

So are you saying if we didn't have Dak, we are a horribly run franchise because we also would have a QB problem? The implication is certainly there with this post.