Twitter: For fans concerned about Dak passing under 200 yards

Philmonroe

Reaction score
When was the last time he beat a good team through the air?
From looking at the game breakdowns I only see two games the Pittsburgh game his rookie year and maybe the K.C game last year. Don't really see no other games but I could be wrong though.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
That would be ideal, but doesn't this make the sample size too small?
Pick a range you feel comfortable with:

Since 2016
W-L of teams whose QB had a...

94-96 passer rating: 25-6 (13-3)
93-97 passer rating: 46-20 (11-5)
92-98 passer rating: 69-35-2 (11-5)
91-99 passer rating: 83-52-2 (10-6)
90-100 passer rating: 96-67-2 (9-7)

The numbers in parentheses are the equivalent of a full season's W-L record. The bigger the sample, the bigger the range, so the less it tells you about how a 95.4 rating usually performs.

The one in bold includes over a hundred games.

Gator88

Reaction score
Why does that matter? Dak has weaknesses. He's not as good as Romo. But something is either a valid excuse for both, or a valid criticism for both. Just be consistent.
It's rare that something is the same. I do give both the excuse that they've only ever had Garrett which hurt them both, but other than that and the terrible defense back in 2016, the circumstances are usually not the same and so the cause might not be the same.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Exactly my point, because if Dak was just throwing it up on Sunday night with the main quest of putting up big stats in hopes of impressing people or proving something and ended up throwing an INT that gave the Giants a score to get them back in the game, then Dak would have been criticizing for losing the game in which the Defense played well.

Obviously if the other offense scores multiple TDs in a game then Dak is going to have to take more risks to keep up with the opposing offense. He played smart football on Sunday night and a bunch of yardage wasn't needed to win that game.
Literally nobody is saying what you said in the first paragraph. When the chances are there like the RICO td people want to see him make them plays more often not just throw to throw.

Gator88

Reaction score
Pick a range you feel comfortable with:

Since 2016
W-L of teams whose QB had a...

94-96 passer rating: 25-6 (13-3)
93-97 passer rating: 46-20 (11-5)
92-98 passer rating: 69-35-2 (11-5)
91-99 passer rating: 83-52-2 (10-6)
90-100 passer rating: 96-67-2 (9-7)

The numbers in parentheses are the equivalent of a full season's W-L record. The bigger the sample, the bigger the range, so the less it tells you about how a 95.4 rating usually performs.

The one in bold includes over a hundred games.
I think most people will agree that the passer rating being higher has a high correlation with success. I and I think most other people were referring to the <200 yards and 6.2-6.4 ypa stat that was thrown out.

HungryLion

Reaction score
From looking at the game breakdowns I only see two games the Pittsburgh game his rookie year and maybe the K.C game last year. Don't really see no other games but I could be wrong though.

The answer really strongly depends on what the standard for “good team” is and what the standard for “beat them through the air” is.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think most people will agree that the passer rating being higher has a high correlation with success. I and I think most other people were referring to the <200 yards and 6.2-6.4 ypa stat that was thrown out.

I feel like the argument being made is that passer rating has a mucher stronger correlation to winning games, than total yardage does. Indicating that total yardage isn’t nearly as important to winning games, as is, efficiency and lack of turnovers.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I just watched the all 22...

Dak didn’t miss much.

There was a couple plays in the reDzone that stood out.

The Rico play and he had Beasley in the middle wide open.

Other then that Dak had a really good game and didn’t miss much on the field.

Haven’t watched it yet myself. But that is encouraging to hear.

The giants have a very talented secondary and we all know the receivers/ tight ends aren’t good. So I was anticipating that there were less open receivers than against the Panthers.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's rare that something is the same. I do give both the excuse that they've only ever had Garrett which hurt them both, but other than that and the terrible defense back in 2016, the circumstances are usually not the same and so the cause might not be the same.
Yeah they aren’t the same. Let me give you an example. You get on Dak for the slow start against GB in the playoffs, but we had Witten whiffing on a block, Butler with his dumb penalty wiping away a 1st and 10 in the red zone, and TWill letting a ball bounce off his chest on a wide open pass all contributing to the first 3 stalled drives. But it’s all Dak in your opinion because he threw a few incomplete passes and we should have scored more than 31 because other teams scored more at home against GB.

Romo or Dak playing QB in the exact same situation should both be excused as it was others who were the cause of that slow start. To avoid that start the QB would have needed to be perfect, and neither QB was ever perfect. You expect Dak to just overcome those mistakes. Did you expect Romo to overcome other players mistakes, like Crayton dropping a pass in 2007 or blame him for missing TO in the red zone on 3rd down?

Gator88

Reaction score
I feel like the argument being made is that passer rating has a mucher stronger correlation to winning games, than total yardage does. Indicating that total yardage isn’t nearly as important to winning games, as is, efficiency and lack of turnovers.
That's fine, but most games if you dont have a dominate showing on either the ground game or the defense you are going to have to pass enough to surpass 200 yards if you don't have a terrible ypa.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
There are a few reasons people are against Dak

1. They cannot let Romo go and they blame Dak.
2. They blame Dak for Jerry and Son cutting Dez.
3. They started off arguing that Dak was not any good and they are invested in his failure.
4. Their pet cat QB was not drafted instead of Dak.
5. He had a down year compared to his first year (which happens a lot ) and they are overreacting.
6. They do not like that he is not a traditional pocket passer.
7. Did not like his college team.
8. Think he is too over-hyped.
9. Think he parties to much.
10. Do not like the way he looks (and that is as far as I am allowed to go on that subject)

I think Dak will be our franchise QB for a long time .......I love the kid.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There are a few reasons people are against Dak

1. They cannot let Romo go and they blame Dak.
2. They blame Dak for Jerry and Son cutting Dez.
3. They started off arguing that Dak was not any good and they are invested in his failure.
4. Their pet cat QB was not drafted instead of Dak.
5. He had a down year compared to his first year (which happens a lot ) and they are overreacting.
6. They do not like that he is not a traditional pocket passer.
7. Did not like his college team.
8. Think he is too over-hyped.
9. Think he parties to much.
10. Do not like the way he looks (and that is as far as I am allowed to go on that subject)

I think Dak will be our franchise QB for a long time .......I love the kid.

You must mean all those tattoos?? :laugh:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Literally nobody is saying what you said in the first paragraph. When the chances are there like the RICO td people want to see him make them plays more often not just throw to throw.

He missed some throws he should have had completed. On the other hand WRs dropped balls that hit them right in the hand. And also there were times when positive plays that Dak made got called back due to flags on the offense cancelling out the play.

But, Dak gets the sole blame for having under 200 yards. When he could have had more if some balls were caught and those if drive killing fouls weren't made by the offense.​

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The fact that he didn't pass for more yards doesn't make the 95.4 rating any less meaningful, or any less likely to win football games.

W-L since 2016
passer rating 92-98, and...

100-149 yards: 7-0
150-199 yards: 11-1
200-249 yards: 20-9
250-299 yards: 19-9-1
300-349 yards: 8-12

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Except instead of posting those numbers which you claim aren’t as rosy, you would rather just piss and moan and call Adam out on it? As if he is required to hang around the message board to answer your inquiries.

Also, there’s a large difference between 6.2 ypa and 7.0 ypa. So drawing games from 7.0 ypa wouldn’t be as equal a representation to the performance Dak had on Sunday.

And again, you’re losing stuff of the actual argument being made. He is showing the win percentage for games similar to Dak’s recent game.

He's the one who put out dubious numbers.

And you keep making it sound like 6.4 to 7.0 hurts the argument... That is better performance, if anything it should improve your argument, but in reality, we know the sample size grows and it won't help.