For OTAs, your favorite S is still starting

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
So last year when Heath bit on the play fake and took a bad angle and couldn't catch Goff on the bootleg to pick up the first down to end our playoff hopes, was that an issue for you?

Of course it was, but when Heath chased down Carr and caused a fumble that is meaningless?

EVERY player makes mistakes, not saying that was Heath's only one, but some act like Heath hasn't ever done anything of note.

But let's get one thing straight, which I have said but apparently some here just can't "get"

HEATH IS NOT A VERY GOOD SAFETY.

I have NEVER said he doesn't have issues, shouldn't be replaced if there's someone better out there, is a top notch safety or isn't a/the weak link in the secondary. I just think that he's the best they have at this point, and has some skills that the team can use.

Got it?

And unless the Heath haters can list their NFL resume as coach, scout, general manager or former NFL player, I don't have to accept their opinion, even though I respect it. Mine is just as valid, I've been watching the NFL for over 50 years. If anybody can't respect my opinion, then I have no use for them....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course it was, but when Heath chased down Carr and caused a fumble that is meaningless?

EVERY player makes mistakes, not saying that was Heath's only one, but some act like Heath hasn't ever done anything of note.

But let's get one thing straight, which I have said but apparently some here just can't "get"

I have NEVER said he doesn't have issues, shouldn't be replaced if there's someone better out there, is a top notch safety or isn't a/the weak link in the secondary. I just think that he's the best they have at this point, and has some skills that the team can use.

Got it?

And unless the Heath haters can list their NFL resume as coach, scout, general manager or former NFL player, I don't have to accept their opinion, even though I respect it. Mine is just as valid, I've been watching the NFL for over 50 years. If anybody can't respect my opinion, then I have no use for them....

The point is that when the game is on the line in the biggest of games, and OC's have time to prepare they will attack the weak.

And its not the job of a GM to look at a guy like Heath and say...….."hes our one bad player, lets move onto another position"

As the worst starter on the team he needs to be the next one replaced.

And why should ANY fan like the worst starter on the roster? All backwards logic.

Heath missed the most tackles in the run game of ANY safety in the NFL. The guy just stinks. PERIOD!!!

He is a complete liability and makes our team worse, not better.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I see that number thrown about a lot, please post the site that has that, I can't find it.

And as I've said before, even Marinelli wouldn't keep a guy that bad as his starter, are you saying the Cowboys can't find ANYBODY to replace him? Either on the Cowboys roster or in the "scrap pile"? Or is the coaching staff absolutely incompetent/blind/stupid?
Profootballfocus is the site

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
neither have been jobless. Church has been a full time starter the last 2 years since leaving Dallas, and Scandrick logged considerable playing time and started a number of games last year.
Where are they now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Got it?

Not even sure what your opinion is. You think Heath isn't a good safety, but the rest of us that agree are wrong?

Heath Stinks, but hes fine? You wont accepts our opinion, but we should accept yours?

I think you are pretty confused with your message.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I see that number thrown about a lot, please post the site that has that, I can't find it.

And as I've said before, even Marinelli wouldn't keep a guy that bad as his starter, are you saying the Cowboys can't find ANYBODY to replace him? Either on the Cowboys roster or in the "scrap pile"? Or is the coaching staff absolutely incompetent/blind/stupid?
Going with blind/stupid. They like who they like. Doesn't matter who good or bad they are.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not even sure what your opinion is. You think Heath isn't a good safety, but the rest of us that agree are wrong?

Heath Stinks, but hes fine? You wont accepts our opinion, but we should accept yours?

I think you are pretty confused with your message.

Where did I say Heath was "fine"? I said no such thing. I said he's below average, many times.

And where did I say I didn't respect the "stinks" opinion posters? No where.

MY opinion is that he has some value. And "the rest of us" agree that I am wrong? I suspect there are some that share my opinion but the way my posts are consistently misread or misinterpreted, the others just don't care to argue the point.

But so what if "the rest of us" don't agree with me?

We have our opinions based on watching the NFL or whatever, and that's all they are. NOBODY here is the authority on Jeff Heath.

And my message is clear as glass, and it concerns the defense AS A WHOLE, with Heath as a starter. It was not an analysis of Jeff Heath as to his value or lack there of.

The Heath bashers care only about that, any chance they can get to run down a Cowboys player they will. If Heath is released, say, then people will just find somebody else to hate, just like they did with Romo, Witten, Roy Thomas, Beasley or whoever. Their objectivity doesn't exist, they delight in denigrating a player, makes their day I guess.

I've done my last post on the matter, none of us is going to change their opinion on Heath by what's said here....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Where did I say Heath was "fine"? I said no such thing. I said he's below average, many times.

And where did I say I didn't respect the "stinks" opinion posters? No where.

MY opinion is that he has some value. And "the rest of us" agree that I am wrong? I suspect there are some that share my opinion but the way my posts are consistently misread or misinterpreted, the others just don't care to argue the point.

But so what if "the rest of us" don't agree with me?

We have our opinions based on watching the NFL or whatever, and that's all they are. NOBODY here is the authority on Jeff Heath.

And my message is clear as glass, and it concerns the defense AS A WHOLE, with Heath as a starter. It was not an analysis of Jeff Heath as to his value or lack there of.

The Heath bashers care only about that, any chance they can get to run down a Cowboys player they will. If Heath is released, say, then people will just find somebody else to hate, just like they did with Romo, Witten, Roy Thomas, Beasley or whoever. Their objectivity doesn't exist, they delight in denigrating a player, makes their day I guess.

I've done my last post on the matter, none of us is going to change their opinion on Heath by what's said here....

Some value? I don't see how that's a point. We all agree he isn't good. There is no side point to that. He needs to be replaced.

His VALUE as you put it is as a great special teams player and a GREAT backup safety. But starting he is low end.

He needs to go back to playing where he has GREAT value, and that's NOT starting for the Cowboys.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Some value? I don't see how that's a point. We all agree he isn't good. There is no side point to that. He needs to be replaced.

His VALUE as you put it is as a great special teams player and a GREAT backup safety. But starting he is low end.

He needs to go back to playing where he has GREAT value, and that's NOT starting for the Cowboys.

What did I just post?

NO FURTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT HEATH.

Talk about confused, you can't understand that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What did I just post?

NO FURTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT HEATH.

Talk about confused, you can't understand that?

I can talk about whatever I want. If you want to stop responding, then by all means go for it.

You seem like one of those guy that agrees, but just likes to argue the side little points just to argue.

Heath sucks...…...lets move on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At least George made the list. Kind of backs up the point about how they view the position.
George being on the list only explains why he is Heath's backup. It says nothing about Heath who I think gets too much hate directed toward him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
George being on the list only explains why he is Heath's backup. It says nothing about Heath who I think gets too much hate directed toward him.

George will get his chance to show what he can do, he just got on the team a couple of months ago.

Should be an interesting camp, lots of competition...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where are they now?
What does that have to do with what you said? You said they were jobless immediately after leaving Dallas, which was not accurate.

Even so, to my knowledge they are getting ready for the next season, but even if they are currently free agents, that doesn’t change the fact they played extensively after leaving Dallas, and will likely continue playing if they choose to.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What does that have to do with what you said? You said they were jobless immediately after leaving Dallas, which was not accurate.

Even so, to my knowledge they are getting ready for the next season, but even if they are currently free agents, that doesn’t change the fact they played extensively after leaving Dallas, and will likely continue playing if they choose to.
They both played for a year. Church was finished halfway through his 2nd year. On a 4 year deal. If they wouldn't lose that guarantee money he prolly woulda been cut earlier. And bumdrick was a fill in for the chiefs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm not a richard fan. After I watched him bench Jourdan Lewis from the get go when jourdan lewis finished 2017 as our best corner. Just because of height.

Yes, we have to remember he had Richard Sherman, et al, good players can make a coach look better than he is, and vice versa of course.

He's had time with the team, the secondary will bear watching this year...