For the DJ Moore fan club

CaliStar68

Reaction score
Ridley is "NFL ready" according to most scouting sources, I believe he is, and I would take him at 19 ONLY if Vita Veah is gone. Yeah I'm not a pro scout but I don't have to be to see the obvious need at a #1 wide receiver. Unless this David Irving BS turns out to be real.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I big reason for why teams miss on players has to do with heart. Some of these guys that get drafted see it as winning the lotto. They may not even really like playing football, but they can. And they get some coin in their pocket and the desire to keep doing it is gone. That and the mental makeup of a player. Can he handle the rigors of then NFL.

As much as the arm chair GMs like to think they can evaluate talent, the guys that do it for a living have access to far more information. They talk to college coaches. They get an understanding of what was being asked of a player on certain plays. They know how they practice. They have access to the game video.

And yes, bottom line, they still miss on guys.

Tampa moved up in the 2nd round to draft a kicker.

These GM's are nothing special. Yeah they get more information then fans but more information doesn't always help them.

There is plenty of fans that could do just as good of a job as they do.

The NFL is the good ole boys league. Friends, and family everywhere on these coaching staff's and front offices.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Tampa moved up in the 2nd round to draft a kicker.

These GM's are nothing special. Yeah they get more information then fans but more information doesn't always help them.

There is plenty of fans that could do just as good of a job as they do.

The NFL is the good ole boys league. Friends, and family everywhere on these coaching staff's and front offices.
I can't defend trading up to get a kicker. But I'd disagree that "plenty" of fans could do the job of an NFL GM. If they could, they would be.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
This thread is comparing Ridley and Moore. They have same arm length and height. Only thing Moore has is about 10 lbs on Ridley. So why is Moore a #1 and Ridley isn't?? This puzzles me.
For me, it comes down to the physicality of Moore. And the leaping ability. He, to me, is more of a lead dog than Ridley is.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't see it. 2 biggest teams he played against and he didn't show anything. Most of his catches where gimmick plays and a lot of stuff inside ten yards. His combine numbers are impressive but they are just combine numbers. A lot of guys play faster with the pads on and some play slower. I don't see what all the hype is about with this guy.

:thumbdown:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet with 120 updated mock drafts from around the country and he is only in the top 14 in about 4-5 of them. He does not even go in the 1st round in that same number of them. He is in 16-24 range in almost all of them...so his average is send half of the first round.

Anyway, I'm not touting him as great and I know hardly anyone here that is. Any of us saying stuff positive about him is more to defend him from those thinking he so very overrated.

No big deal either way.

I do think he's talented. I like him as a player and a person. I just don't like him, or any of the receivers really before the 20s at the earliest.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Well there’s usually only about 10-15 special players in each draft and I wouldn’t label any WR this year in that class.

We’re basically hunting for a quality #2 this year to replace Williams...and there are plenty of dudes with the potential to do that.
Williams is still on team and we just signed a #2 in FA which is part of my overall point. IMO after the first round WR becomes less of a priority because we already have enough of that level talent on the team. If someone falls to us then sure grab him but I dont think we have to reach after the first round.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Williams is still on team and we just signed a #2 in FA which is part of my overall point. IMO after the first round WR becomes less of a priority because we already have enough of that level talent on the team. If someone falls to us then sure grab him but I dont think we have to reach after the first round.

Absolutely not, we shouldn't reach on anyone.

WIlliams and Hurns are both on short term deals, and our stop gaps at this point. Judging by the Pre Draft visitors being WR heavy I think the FO wants someone to groom now that will be able to step into one of their roles.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't defend trading up to get a kicker. But I'd disagree that "plenty" of fans could do the job of an NFL GM. If they could, they would be.
No, can't agree. We pick our career fields mostly at a young age. Most of us couldn't sniff the NFL as a player, so we go on w/ our lives and create a different career.

And then later, we get older and bored w/ little to do, so we start studying things such as sports. Often we become very knowledgeable. However, to become an NFL GM requires a background in the NFL(or tons of money) which we do not have.

kskboys

Reaction score
Moore is more explosive and quick than Tate. He reminds me of a bigger version of Steve Smith Sr.
Man, you guys are high on Moore. Looks like a 3rd round talent to me. Complementary type WR.

Moore = Dwayne Harris

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
For me, it comes down to the physicality of Moore. And the leaping ability. He, to me, is more of a lead dog than Ridley is.

I don't mind Ridley but I think if you pair Moore with a NFL caliber QB he'll show a lot more than what he was able to at Maryland.

The best performing QB he played with last year completed just 51% of his passes.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Man, you guys are high on Moore. Looks like a 3rd round talent to me. Complementary type WR.

Moore = Dwayne Harris

LOL, I think the boards overrate Moore a bit too K but 3rd rounder and a Harris comparison are a bit much.

Dudes been pretty darn solid for a few years now at Maryland with a revolving door at QB.