Twitter: For those saying we lost those games because of Dak's INTs

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No, no we didn't.

Reminder, theoretically whoever leads the league in pass attempts should on average lead the league in lost win percentage given volume.

Reminder, Wentz sucks.

The Cowboys defense is dead last in points allowed per play, no matter where the play begins.

Pretending the defense was fine and it was Dak's fault is silly and/or agenda-driven.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, no we didn't.

Reminder, theoretically whoever leads the league in pass attempts should on average lead the league in lost win percentage given volume.

Reminder, Wentz sucks.

Another Stats orgy to excuse what our eyes have seen the past 5 years and mediocre results.
P.S. Is there a Stats Superbowl that I'm not aware of in the NFL?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Another Stats orgy to excuse what our eyes have seen the past 5 years and mediocre results.

Speaking of silly and/or agenda-driven:

tenor.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Ooh man, I need you to break it down for me, what exactly does Andy bring that will make this defesne better? you do realize that for Andy to win with the points this D is giving up, he is going to need "stats orgies" regulary....your setting him up for failure by wanting to use the win/lose stat as a QB stat....this defense is horrible man.

Creeper

Reaction score
If I recall 2 of Dak's INT occurred at the end of games where the Cowboys threw almost 60 times and 1 was off Zeke hands for a pick 6 in a game they lost. I don;t see how his INTs have cost them anything since they gave up so many points to begin with. The fumbles might be a different story since they were coupled with other give-aways.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Mammidog- Dak sucks because he's only been average under these extremely small parameters where he's only attempted 77 passes in his career under these conditions.

Also mammidog-

Lol can't make this **** up.

cffl2323

Reaction score
I'd say it's more total turnovers(or differential) than just Dak's interceptions, and also the defense is pathetic. I'm cautiously optimistic the defense could significantly improve with several guys coming back soon, if not this week.

SSoup

Reaction score
You know the "Dak's turnovers are the problem" argument is nonsense because the garbage people who are horned up that he's been replaced with a worse QB who also protects the ball worse are still rock-hard about the change. It's just the made-up Reason Of The Day for hating Dak, since they're not allowed to come out and say the real reason.

First, it was: "I don't hate him or anything, but let's be honest, he's terrible and I kind of hate him. Why aren't we starting Cooper Rush? Dak is too careful with the ball, and that's hurting us."

Then that turned into: "Okay, forget that I said he's terrible. Forget that I said I hate him. I have nothing against him but I just think we're not helping ourselves if we have to spend big resources on the QB position instead of the talent around them. That's how you win these days, build the strongest all-around team instead of a top-heavy QB-led roster."

But then that turned into: "Actually, forget that thing about not spending resources on the position. Let's trade 3 future 1st rounders to move up and get Joe Burrow. I know I said before that we need to surround the QB with tons of talent and that makes it patently absurd that I'm now suggesting we draft Burrow and then don't get to draft 1st rounders again to put around him until it's time to re-sign him. But yeah."

Which of course turned into: "Oh, you know what? A minute ago I wanted to throw away our 1st rounders for 3 years but now I've decided 1st rounders are valuable actually. So valuable that we'd be crazy not to move Dak for a 1st rounder or two. I mean, I'm on record as saying I like Dak. I maybe even love him. Nobody loves him more than me. But if we can get a 1st rounder for him, we have to shove him out a trapdoor. Oh look, what's this in my hand? It looks like these are some plans for DIY trap doors someone printed off the internet, so now we can build a literal trap door to shove him out of. I guess we should do it? Who's with me?"

Then it was: "Look, you all know I loved Dak back when he was super careful with the ball. But now he's turned the ball over a handful of times. I don't care that his TD-to-INT ratio is still good, I just think turnovers are inexcusable. Also, he always comes up short when it matters most. We're never gonna break through with him. He's proven this.

Now it's: "Okay, I know the facts tell us Dalton protects the ball worse than Dak but I intrinsically trust him more than Dak for a reason you can probably guess. I excuse Dalton's turnovers. Also, I know he is 0-4 with a passer rating of 57 in the playoffs, which is trash compared to Dak, but I still trust him to lead us somewhere more than I trust Dak... for a reason you can probably guess. Look, I've been re-watching FRIENDS during quarantine and I subscribe to the theory posited by that show's idiot character, Joey. He tells us 'if you want something enough and your heart is pure, wondrous things can happen.' Well, Dak's injury is proof of this. I wanted it and my heart is pure. It's. All. Happening. So, yeah. I'm all in on Dalton. I can't wait to let Dak walk for a 3rd round comp pick, and all right-minded people agree with me on this. It's time for the future. Which is Andy Dalton. Right, guys?"

Jipper

Reaction score
Here let me fix it for you:

Twitter: "We lost those games because of D's lack of INTs"

Reactions: CWR

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Whoever leads the league in attempts should also lead the league in yards, including garbage... But to Dak-stans it only works one way.

He does lead the league in yards you idiot :laugh:

By almost 300 yards and missing a half.

Wowowowow Hahahahhahaha this made my day. What a clown