Twitter: For those saying we lost those games because of Dak's INTs

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like we say that almost every year.

I really thought this year would be different.
7vT0OXi.jpg

StuckMojo

Reaction score
If I recall 2 of Dak's INT occurred at the end of games where the Cowboys threw almost 60 times and 1 was off Zeke hands for a pick 6 in a game they lost. I don;t see how his INTs have cost them anything since they gave up so many points to begin with. The fumbles might be a differentstory since they were coupled with other give-aways.
That pick 6 was a terrible pass to Zeke, that was on Dak. But I’m not blaming any losses on Dak with this defense we put on the field!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It seems like we say that almost every year.

I really thought this year would be different.
Big Dog, you have been around for a minute, and you have over 80k posts...
Call me bro for some clarification and support.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Here let me fix it for you:

Twitter: "We lost those games because of D's lack of INTs"

Comparison.

Green Bay has 3 takeaways. Dallas has 3 takeaways.

Green Bay has 0 turnovers. Dallas had 11 turnovers.

Green Bay is 4-0. Dallas is 2-3.

Those turnovers HIGHLY contributed to the 3 losses.

Even with this defense, if Dallas had 0 turnovers at this point like Green Bay, Dallas would also be undefeated.

Jipper

Reaction score
Comparison.

Green Bay has 3 takeaways. Dallas has 3 takeaways.

Green Bay has 0 turnovers. Dallas had 11 turnovers.

Green Bay is 4-0. Dallas is 2-3.

Those turnovers HIGHLY contributed to the 3 losses.

Even with this defense, if Dallas had 0 turnovers at this point like Green Bay, Dallas would also be undefeated.

dude you are cherry picking a stat...of the top 10 teams in turnover differentials all have at least 8 takeaways except for GB that is the outlier at 3....

My point stands that our defense is garbage and there is a direct correlation to getting turnovers and winning...neither or which our defense does

Redline360

Reaction score
No one is blaming Dak personally. Jesus get past this already.

Defense going on epic history of bad. Offense turnovers(not just Dak) make things even worse and honestly Dak should have 3-4 more INT that could have been caught by a 5th grader.

Jipper

Reaction score

Defense going on epic history of bad. Offense turnovers(not just Dak) make things even worse and honestly Dak should have 3-4 more INT that could have been caught by a 5th grader.

yeah we lucked out a couple times....our defense has to get some turnovers going

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Why does it have to be personal, they are pointing out when people say" did you see that int Dak threw dropped" they need to say the same thing about Dalton's dropped pick six and fumble...none of it is personal for me about a player it will just be easy to see who is truly looking at the QB play wihtout putting a jersey number on it.

12+88=7

Reaction score
dude you are cherry picking a stat...of the top 10 teams in turnover differentials all have at least 8 takeaways except for GB that is the outlier at 3....

My point stands that our defense is garbage and there is a direct correlation to getting turnovers and winning...neither or which our defense does

The outlier is Green Bay has zero turnovers. You don't need to get takeaways when you don't turn it over.

Even with a historic bad defense and only 3 takeaways, the NFL worst 11 turnovers have a LARGER correlation to Dallas's three losses than only the 3 takeaways.

If you don't turnover the ball, takeaways are just a plus and not a necessity.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Another Stats orgy to excuse what our eyes have seen the past 5 years and mediocre results.
P.S. Is there a Stats Superbowl that I'm not aware of in the NFL?

We can't help it that you are in very bad need of glasses. It funny, not ha ha funny, that what you eyes say that Prescott was so bad last season Prescott and the Cowboys had the #1 offense in the ENTIRE league and until he got injured was on pace to not just break but smash the NFL passing record. Then going into free agency this season Prescott was rated as the NUMBER ONE free agent. I'm pretty sure that after you get your eyes examined and you get some glasses that your eyes will see something different.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
No, no we didn't.

Reminder, theoretically whoever leads the league in pass attempts should on average lead the league in lost win percentage given volume.

Reminder, Wentz sucks.

eh forget these random next gen charts people find to back up what they think, Dak may have cost us one game this year, maybe not. Maybe more on the dumb fumble when he shoveled the ball out on the way to the ground, thats inexcusable BUT (and please read beyond this before giving me grief) Dak losing the ball, whatever way, is not an issue, the guy is above average in that area, not perfect but above average. If he, or when he, recovers we have a qb who can win it all, assuming we shore up the o line and get halfway decent D play

....now lets see some haters-haters focus on one part of my post and get rude in response....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The offense has issues and isnt perfect by any means but this defense is the reason we’ve lose three games

our third down defense is the worst part of it to.....

How did the defense lose the Rams' game? They gave up 20 points. The offense put up only 17 points. The defense did their job in that game as far as I can remember.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can't help it that you are in very bad need of glasses. It funny, not ha ha funny, that what you eyes say that Prescott was so bad last season Prescott and the Cowboys had the #1 offense in the ENTIRE league and until he got injured was on pace to not just break but smash the NFL passing record. Then going into free agency this season Prescott was rated as the NUMBER ONE free agent. I'm pretty sure that after you get your eyes examined and you get some glasses that your eyes will see something different.
Last 3 seasons 27-24 with 11 of those wins vs the Giants and D.C.
1 playoff win the last 4 years.
And you call me blind?
Now book your tickets to the "Stats Superbowl" which is being held this season at Daks house!:muttley:
We blind Cowboy fans will be looking to win some games and hit the Playoffs!

Jipper

Reaction score
The outlier is Green Bay has zero turnovers. You don't need to get takeaways when you don't turn it over.

Even with a historic bad defense and only 3 takeaways, the NFL worst 11 turnovers have a LARGER correlation to Dallas's three losses than only the 3 takeaways.

If you don't turnover the ball, takeaways are just a plus and not a necessity.

yes you need to protect the ball, I agree but getting takeovers is a massive benefit and driver to teams winning.

this team has the offense to score and turnovers are going to be expected with an aggressive offense, but the defense not only can’t get off the field but they rarely force a team to turnover the ball

I’ll take a few offensive turnovers for 35 points a game the defense is the issue here not the offesnse

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

If you dont think people have blamed Dak for our losses, you're either blind or this is your first thread you've ever visited.