For those that don't want to re-sign Dak, then who?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are forgetting both Joe Flacco and Jameis Winston will be available maybe for aground $15M per year.
Dak is better than a 20 INT a season and frequent trouble finder Winston. He’s terrible. TB can’t wait to get rid of him. And Flacco? He’s washed up. He’s not better than Dak, he would just cost a lot and he’s at the tail end of his career. Bad choices.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Top FAs this offseason look to be - Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick, maybe Sam Bradford or Robert Griffin III
at
None of them are the answer, and none are going to be particularly cheap. With our pick in the late 2nd, we aren't getting a marquee QB.

Dak isn't an A or A- QB. He isn't a B+, but he is a B / B- guy with upside remaining. He's the type of guy you should want to keep around.

What does he have to do to be at B+?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Brian you have been on this forum for a very long time and I know you have read the countless threads of asking this same question, so why another. Do you think all of a sudden someone is going to respond with a different answer.

But I’ll oblige. There is or will be no one else that is better in FA. The only way to replace him is to blow this thing up and start over. We would need a top 3 pick that won’t happen in the next draft put maybe the one or two after. And that’s not going to happen because it will affect the marketability of the Cowboys and we know Jerry is not going to let that happen.

So we are stuck in purgatory!

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak is better than a 20 INT a season and frequent trouble finder Winston. He’s terrible. TB can’t wait to get rid of him. And Flacco? He’s washed up. He’s not better than Dak, he would just cost a lot and he’s at the tail end of his career. Bad choices.

Flacco is 33, 2 years younger than Rodgers. We are trying to win a super Bowl since we have all the pieces except at QB.

Winston can at least poor fear in the back end with deep throws both are better than Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Top FAs this offseason look to be - Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick, maybe Sam Bradford or Robert Griffin III

None of them are the answer, and none are going to be particularly cheap. With our pick in the late 2nd, we aren't getting a marquee QB.

Dak isn't an A or A- QB. He isn't a B+, but he is a B / B- guy with upside remaining. He's the type of guy you should want to keep around.
no one said don't resign Dak.... but we shouldn't sign him to a 25-30 mill a year contract... Dak needs a strong supporting cast. all Dak lovers agree to that...give him a WR, give him a strong Ol, give him a TE, give him a RB (we have one). then Dak can successfully manage games and win more than lose...not sure if its a winning formula for playoffs. but if you give him a 30 mil contract, then you strap yourself and can't afford to get the great WR and great TE and great OL he needs to succeed. then everyone will say, get him those and watch him succeed...they say did you see 2016....did you see us get cooper and how Dak improved.....

Dak will never be an Elite QB. its just not him. he is a different breed. different type. doesn't mean you can't win with him.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
You are forgetting both Joe Flacco and Jameis Winston will be available maybe for aground $15M per year.

That's why you are not being credible at all with all your DAK SUCKS threads...

Joe Flacco for Dak? Really? A 34 year old QB who has HARDLY EVER had statistically a better season than Dak's any season which you keep complaining about?

But but but he won the SB... Right.

Jameis Winston who doesn't even start in the freaking Bucs?

Anyway, it's my fault. I will only believe that we should go after Flacco or Winston if CATCH17 also suggests that both are better than Dak.

You guys both rock! :facepalm:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I really don't want to waste prime years for Zeke Cooper, oline tank Byron jaylon and lve

What makes you think you can tank, let say to 2-12, and bounce back to a playoff team within a couple years ( since you mention not wanting to Zeke contract years). Not to mention guarantee you have of drafting your targeted player.

BTW.....what free agent or player for that matter wanna play for a coach/team who intentionally lose games to draft rookies.

mardwin

Reaction score
He's a meh QB who wouldn't have won anything without a great defense.

Again you are just talking without knowing much. Flacco is a beast that had to compensate for the lack elite receivers and o- line. Funny that you criticize Flacco for playing with a great defense but we know Dak needs a team full of all pro to score 20'points.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again you are just talking without knowing much. Flacco is a beast that had to compensate for the lack elite receivers and o- line. Funny that you criticize Flacco for playing with a great defense but we know Dak needs a team full of all pro to score 20'points.

I don't know much?

You've just made a post that was about as filling as Greek Salad.

I get that you dislike Prescott. And if you suggested Aaron Rodgers or at least QB that we can all agree is a better QB, then I'm right there with you, but when you suggest a guy with a career passer rating in the low 80's...

Well that's just bad form on your part.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winston has more upside than Dak everyone can see that.

eyeroll.gif

mardwin

Reaction score
That's why you are not being credible at all with all your DAK SUCKS threads...

Joe Flacco for Dak? Really? A 34 year old QB who has HARDLY EVER had statistically a better season than Dak's any season which you keep complaining about?

But but but he won the SB... Right.

Jameis Winston who doesn't even start in the freaking Bucs?

Anyway, it's my fault. I will only believe that we should go after Flacco or Winston if CATCH17 also suggests that both are better than Dak.

You guys both rock! :facepalm:

Only statistics I care about is 1 Superbowl and 10-5 in the post season. Only Brady and Big Ben have better numbers that are currently playing.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I'll never understand the thought process of "settling" for a second rate QB and then propping up your argument by offering other choices like Flacco who are no better. If you really want a QB then you offer up a guy like Lawrence who could command at least a 1st round pick. Even guys like Jaylon Smith or Byron Jones that I think could command a 1st round pick the way they're playing. I'd trade DL, CB and/or LB every day for a potential QB.

And if Gruden isn't sold on Carr, then I'd offer him a first or 2nd round pick as well. If we offered a 1st round pick for a WR, then I'd have no issue doing the same for a QB which is the most important position on the field, hands down. It's just that important. If I recall correctly, the Eagles didn't have the picks to draft a QB in 2016 but they traded Bradford for a 1st and packaged a deal to move up. Whether anyone thinks that Wentz is a good QB or not is not the point. If that's what we wanted to do as a franchise, then you plan for it and get it done and take a chance to acquire a franchise QB.

And I already know what the next argument will be to my post. Someone will point out all the 1st round busts. And I'll just say with that mindset you'll always be stuck in the mud with a second rate guy because you'll either be too afraid or never feel that you can do better. And we can do far better at QB than Prescott.

Flamma

Reaction score
The absolute best guys on the market are potentially Joe Flaaco and Tannehill. Both will command $20mn+ per season.

I'm sticking with Dak.

I have to agree here. I am very critical of Dak but the two mentioned above I have little confidence in. Dak has bailed us out on more than one occasion scrambling. I am rooting for him to succeed every week. Dallas does not need to sign another Drew Bledsoe.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
For the record, I’m for keeping Dak. But right now his arm is not worth 20+ million a year. Leadership, mobility, durability, yes, but it’s a “passing league”. 17-18 million a year max for me on a 3 year deal with option for a 4th year. Probably couldn’t sign him for that though.
I think we could get the same production from Tyrod Taylor for 12-15 million a year. To be honest, Tyrod is better/faster with his legs, has a quicker release, and is a better passer. He’s been on some bad teams and got a bad rep but could be a hidden gem in the right situation. I love Dak as a leader, but would like to see more development with his arm before we back up the Brinks truck.