For Those Who Don’t Like That We Paid Dak, What Was Your Alternative?

shabazz

Reaction score
Just making it to the superbowl would be enough for me. Heck even making the NFC championship game would be good enough for me as long as he is a positive contributor.
I agree that just making it there would be fine because it was mean that the team is moving solidly in the right direction. We just can't have a one-and-done in the playoffs

Aulac

Reaction score
Amazing that your Eye Test sees no bias in comparing 2-11 Goff to 10-4 Dak

Only the last 2 weeks matter???....Nonsense:lmao2::lmao2:

Dak Haters are pathetic...

You are dense, you really going to compare the Lions to the Cowboys roster? Not only do the Lions have one of the worst receiving core in history, but the two WR that Goff had injured in the very first game, making the Lions have the worst WR core in history. On top of that Goff O'line were never healthy, which we all know Dak lover's always point it out for Dak. You love your double standard. Do you honestly think that the Lions being 2 wins is worst than the Cowboys with 10 wins when you are comparing roster?

Dak third receiver Gallup is better than any other Lions receivers by miles. Don't be dense.

Qcard

Reaction score
You are dense, you really going to compare the Lions to the Cowboys roster? Not only do the Lions have one of the worst receiving core in history, but the two WR that Goff had injured in the very first game, making the Lions have the worst WR core in history. On top of that Goff O'line were never healthy, which we all know Dak lover's always point it out for Dak. You love your double standard. Do you honestly think that the Lions being 2 wins is worst than the Cowboys with 10 wins when you are comparing roster?

Dak third receiver Gallup is better than any other Lions receivers by miles. Don't be dense.
Excuses Excuses....Goff squander the privilege of being a No.1 by being a goofy puppy trying to lead Men.

Goff had the Crown....He had the team, the Coach and the Organization but they dumped Goff

But @Aulac Eye Test is better than the Rams Organization opinion and Cowboy Organization should listen to your Nonsense

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

Amon-Ra St. Brown is an excellent rookie WR.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Started over? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Stupid is as stupid does!!!
If you know how to read you would understand, I was answering the OPs question. What should have been done in case if Don't want to pay Dak. It was a rhetorical answer to rhetorical question.

Joke is on you dumbo !

BobSacamano

Reaction score
The fact that some of y’all think drafting rookie QB’s is anything close to a sure thing is hilarious. You pick the wrong guy and set your franchise back 5 years. I cannot wait until we draft our next QB and have a non-competitive team so we can all cry about how bad we are.

Go look at the last 5 drafts and tell me the hit rate on those rookie QB’s. I’ll wait.
They’ll just delude themselves in the ‘fact’ that young players always improve. Like they’re now convincing themselves with Tyler Biadatplayingcenter and Conner McGotterdammerung.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Yes...and the Cowboys will stop Drafting smh:facepalm:

Go sell scared Cap somewhere else

Give me a break. Tell me what I said is not true. We will be hard cap hit, but that's the risk Jones took. He took the risk that we can win now with Dak. He might end up right or he might not, but there's a down side to his calculated risk. Every NFL transaction is a calculated risk. If he had let Dak walk and used a stop-gap QB while able to pay more on defense, that would have been a different risk. There are no absolutes. There are risks that may or may not pay off, but you can't say the down sides of Jone's Dak risk aren't real because they are.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ve seen a lot of “we shouldn’t have paid him” talk and I’m genuinely curious as to what you resident CowboysZone GM’s would’ve done. He’s a top 10 QB. The way the market works is the next man up in that top 10ish bracket gets a top contract. He’s the 4th highest paid right now, in two years he’ll be the 8th or 9th. He’s not the highest paid QB forever. His teammates adore him there’s no way not signing him would go over well in the locker room. I don’t see any scenario where we let him go and are 10-4 at this point in the season.

What would’ve been y’all’s alternative? A rookie QB and miss out on the next best thing since LT? Try to sell the farm to Seattle when they obviously weren’t interested in trading away their only hope for winning football?

Seriously, what would y’all have done this offseason if you cut the chord on Dak?
There really wasnt an option. You can throw out names that would have been a decent alternative, but you dont know if that was an actual option.

The only viable option that we know was present is trading for Stafford and we would have had to best LA's offer.

All the QB's available to us in the draft would have us outside the playoffs. In hindsight trading up for Herbert would have been an alternative, but if he was a sure thing at the time of the draft then he goes #2 after Burrow and not 6th

817Gill

Reaction score
There really wasnt an option. You can throw out names that would have been a decent alternative, but you dont know if that was an actual option.

The only viable option that we know was present is trading for Stafford and we would have had to best LA's offer.

All the QB's available to us in the draft would have us outside the playoffs. In hindsight trading up for Herbert would have been an alternative, but if he was a sure thing at the time of the draft then he goes #2 after Burrow and not 6th
Yup my feelings exactly

dckid

Reaction score
Freaking horrible post.
Hey man, the deal is already done. I was asking the question. I am sure Winston could work with our weapons. Dak is no world beater he is a good QB and that is where the sentence ends.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Hey man, the deal is already done. I was asking the question. I am sure Winston could work with our weapons. Dak is no world beater he is a good QB and that is where the sentence ends.

The only thing hes good at is trying to rape and molest women. He is average at best. Anybody with a football mind would know that.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of “we shouldn’t have paid him” talk and I’m genuinely curious as to what you resident CowboysZone GM’s would’ve done. He’s a top 10 QB. The way the market works is the next man up in that top 10ish bracket gets a top contract. He’s the 4th highest paid right now, in two years he’ll be the 8th or 9th. He’s not the highest paid QB forever. His teammates adore him there’s no way not signing him would go over well in the locker room. I don’t see any scenario where we let him go and are 10-4 at this point in the season.

What would’ve been y’all’s alternative? A rookie QB and miss out on the next best thing since LT? Try to sell the farm to Seattle when they obviously weren’t interested in trading away their only hope for winning football?

Seriously, what would y’all have done this offseason if you cut the chord on Dak?
They should have paid him when the market was at $25-$30 million when they could have.

foofighters

Reaction score
I said sign Brady to a 3 year deal when New England let him go.

I also wanted to attempt a trade for Derek Carr as well as move up in the draft for a QB like Justin Herbert (imagine we had done that).

The absolute wrong thing to do is what we did and just give Dak whatever he wanted. Massive screw up.

We got a 27 mill a year QB getting paid like he’s the best QB in football.
This! All of this.

RaZon

Reaction score
My problem is where did Dak get the idea he was in with the very elite when it was very obvious he wasn't. The guy is single and he needs 40 mill a season, come on that is greed.