For Those Who Don’t Like That We Paid Dak, What Was Your Alternative?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
The reason I give you guys NO credit is. Where were you guys , you fiscally responsible, bottom line guys when Dallas Low Balled Dak and paid him on his rookie contract? Not a peep out of
you. See thats why no one agrees with you. Hypocrisy!!!! The Way you talk, in everything about you HYPOCRISY. Look you dont like DAK , We get it. and you'll never like him. We get that too. But
you guys are haters. No Rhyme or Reason. You hate it's what you do. Don't try to convince me you're not a HATER. I won't try to convince you Dak is a good qb. Neither is going to happen

Kwmike22

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of “we shouldn’t have paid him” talk and I’m genuinely curious as to what you resident CowboysZone GM’s would’ve done. He’s a top 10 QB. The way the market works is the next man up in that top 10ish bracket gets a top contract. He’s the 4th highest paid right now, in two years he’ll be the 8th or 9th. He’s not the highest paid QB forever. His teammates adore him there’s no way not signing him would go over well in the locker room. I don’t see any scenario where we let him go and are 10-4 at this point in the season.

What would’ve been y’all’s alternative? A rookie QB and miss out on the next best thing since LT? Try to sell the farm to Seattle when they obviously weren’t interested in trading away their only hope for winning football?

Seriously, what would y’all have done this offseason if you cut the chord on Dak?
It was Brady last year. Irvin alluded to some talks but nothing came of it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed. We're going to lose some pieces next off-season. But we also need to rebuild the offense too.
This off-season will be interesting to see how they manage or blame the cap.
Did you notice the difference w/ Osa out? He's the upfront disruptor type we've been needing. Need another, hope Jerry doesn't rest on his laurels again and gets some more CB's.

kskboys

Reaction score
The reason I give you guys NO credit is. Where were you guys , you fiscally responsible, bottom line guys when Dallas Low Balled Dak and paid him on his rookie contract? Not a peep out of
you. See thats why no one agrees with you. Hypocrisy!!!! The Way you talk, in everything about you HYPOCRISY. Look you dont like DAK , We get it. and you'll never like him. We get that too. But
you guys are haters. No Rhyme or Reason. You hate it's what you do. Don't try to convince me you're not a HATER. I won't try to convince you Dak is a good qb. Neither is going to happen
They never lowballed Dak.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
There was not an alternative. Should've paid Dak in 19' before giving Zeke or Jaylon a dime. Would've saved money. All Daks injury did is prove how bad the cowboys were without him. Dak is not great, but he is well above average and good enough to get this team further than any draft pick or Andy Dalton type. QBs aren't cheap and they had 3-4 years to build a great team while he was cheap and they didn't.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They tried. He agreed, and then renegged.
I thought when he declined the $30 per year it was because Goff and Wentz got $32.5 per year and Dak was clearly out performing them? Then the next year the contract talks stalled around $35 mil per year because of the length of contract so he was franchise tagged.

Cowboys had opportunity to get him much cheaper but were trying to pinch pennies. Should have given him the $32.5 back in 2019 in line with Goff and Wentz.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I agree that just making it there would be fine because it was mean that the team is moving solidly in the right direction. We just can't have a one-and-done in the playoffs
With this defense and what appears to be a healthy team going into the stretch run, the Cowboys have an excellent chance at winning the Super Bowl. The reality is if we had Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, Russ, or even Herbert we would be Super Bowl favorites by a mile. Dak is paid like he is the top quarterback in the league. I expect us to win the Super Bowl. The injury Gods are on our side this year, we may never get this opportunity again during the Dak regime.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of “we shouldn’t have paid him” talk and I’m genuinely curious as to what you resident CowboysZone GM’s would’ve done. He’s a top 10 QB. The way the market works is the next man up in that top 10ish bracket gets a top contract. He’s the 4th highest paid right now, in two years he’ll be the 8th or 9th. He’s not the highest paid QB forever. His teammates adore him there’s no way not signing him would go over well in the locker room. I don’t see any scenario where we let him go and are 10-4 at this point in the season.

What would’ve been y’all’s alternative? A rookie QB and miss out on the next best thing since LT? Try to sell the farm to Seattle when they obviously weren’t interested in trading away their only hope for winning football?

Seriously, what would y’all have done this offseason if you cut the chord on Dak?

The alternative is always to start over with a new rookie. Sign some bum to bridge the gap. There's always risk with paying your QB too. We have a two year window with Dak. Once the cap hit starts to hit big, there's little chance at winning a championship.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you notice the difference w/ Osa out? He's the upfront disruptor type we've been needing. Need another, hope Jerry doesn't rest on his laurels again and gets some more CB's.

And we will have to address the offense too. Last year we nearly drafted all defenders and next we will need guys on both sides.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you know how to read you would understand, I was answering the OPs question. What should have been done in case if Don't want to pay Dak. It was a rhetorical answer to rhetorical question.

Joke is on you dumbo !

Its still a dumb thing to say. You said it, not me.